Massage is a well-known and long-standing practice in India. Massaging has several benefits for both you and your baby, including promoting physical, mental, and emotional health.
Giving your infant a daily massage is an excellent method to convey your adoration, care, and affection for him or her.
As a new parent, you may be wondering how often you should massage your baby. Massage has many benefits for both babies and parents, so it’s definitely worth adding to your daily routine. There are many benefits of infant massage to your child. A massage can help to improve your baby’s circulation, digestion, and sleeping patterns. It can also promote bonding between you and your child.
Massage can help your baby relax and stay comfortable. It may even assist in the reduction of crying and sleeping issues. Massage has a variety of health benefits, including promoting weight gain, regulating digestion, increasing circulation, and reducing teething discomfort.
In This Article
How many times babies should be massaged?
Giving massage to your baby is necessary for their growth and development but you must be aware of how many times should you massage your baby in a day. It is said that, for the first few weeks after the birth, it is good to massage your baby every day. This helps to settle them and aids their digestion. After a couple of weeks, you can start to cut down to 3-4 times a day. The massage strokes can be quite light during the first week, and then you can start to increase the pressure as your baby gets used to it.
It is best to avoid giving your baby a massage after a feed or before bedtime as they may become too relaxed and sleepy. Try to find a time when your baby is alert and content. Infant massage for mental and physical development should last around 15-20 minutes. Make sure you use a slow, rhythmic stroke when massaging your baby.
As your baby grows, they will develop their natural sleep patterns and you will find that massages become part of their bedtime routine. It is important to be responsive to your baby’s needs and not to force them into a message if they are not in the mood. A sleepy baby may not want to be massaged and may become irritable. For you and your baby, the massage should be a calm and relaxing experience. If you are unsure about how to massage your baby, there are many classes and books available that can guide you through the process. You can also ask your health visitor or GP for advice.
Choose Best Baby Massage Oil
- Best Baby Massage Oils In IndiaRead more
- Best Baby Massage oil for Strong BonesRead more
- Best Baby Massage Oil for Weight GainRead more
- Best Baby Massage Oil for Sensitive SkinRead more
- Best Baby Massage Oil for Dry SkinRead more
- Best Baby Massage Oil for Fairness Read more
- Best Baby Massage Oil for SummerRead more
- Best Baby Massage Oil for NewbornRead more
- Best Olive Oil For Baby MassageRead more
- Best Coconut Oil For Baby MassageRead more
The 9 Best Oil For Baby Skin Whitening
Best Baby Massage Oil for Winter in India
What are the impacts of massaging your baby?
Baby or infant massage has a wide range of benefits for both baby and parents. It can be used to relieve gas, colic pain, teething discomfort, congestion, and even encourage sleep. For parents, it can help to develop the bond between parent and child, as well as provide some much-needed relief from the everyday stress of parenting.
In addition, the focus of the massage can change as the baby develops. For example, in the early days, you may want to focus on stimulating your baby’s digestive system to relieve gas and colic pain. As they get a little older, you may focus more on helping them to sleep through the night. The frequency of massages will also change as your baby grows.
For babies’ proper development, at least one massage a day is essential, but it’s not necessary to do more than 2-3 times massages in a day. To the parents who are new to this, start with once a day and then increase the number of times gradually. If you want to do more than one massage in a day, make sure there is at least a 2-hour gap between massages.
Furthermore, the time of day you massage your baby can also be changed to suit your needs. For example, some parents find that a late afternoon or evening massage helps their baby to sleep better through the night. It’s important to follow your baby’s cues when it comes to how often and when to massage them. If they seem upset or uncomfortable, stop the massage and try again another time, as well.
Things you need to know
As we said above in the introduction, the massage should be done every day. The number of times you massage your baby in a day will depend on their age and how long each session lasts. But there are some important things parents should know before giving the massage to their babies and they are:
- Do not massage your baby if he or she is sick, has a rash, or seems uncomfortable.
- Massage your baby on a clean surface. Use a towel or blanket to keep them warm if necessary.
- Use baby massage oil to help your hands glide smoothly over your baby’s skin.
- Always support your baby’s head and neck.
- Be gentle and slow at first. You can increase the pressure and speed as your baby gets used to the massage.
- Talk to your baby during the massage. This will help them to develop expression and communication skills.
- If your baby has sensitive skin, do a patch test on their forearm before using any new massage oil.
- Remember to always wash your hands before giving the massage.
- Don’t forget to burp your baby after the massage. This will help to prevent them from getting a tummy ache.
- When you apply oil to your baby’s skin, make sure to avoid their face and genitals.
- Do not use lotion or cream as they can irritate your baby’s skin.
- If you are using essential oils, make sure to dilute them with a carrier oil before using them.
- Always consult with your doctor before using essential oils on your baby.
- If you are breastfeeding, avoid using essential oils that can be transferred to your baby through your milk.
Know More About Baby Massage
- Which Baby Massage Oils Should Avoid?Read more
- How Many Times Baby Massage in a Day?Read more
- Which are Best Baby Massage Oil Brand?Read more
- When to Start Oil Massage For NewbornRead more
- How Many Types of Baby Massage Oil?Read more
- Benefits Massage of Baby Massage?Read more
- How to Massage Newborn Baby ?Read more
- Step By Step Baby MassageRead more
The Bottom line
Therefore, it is best to massage your baby every day before the bath. This will help soothe them, relieve gas and promote healthy digestion. Massaging your baby also helps to improve their circulation, flexibility, and muscle tone. If your baby is fussy, massaging them may also help to calm them down. Remember to always use gentle strokes and never massage your baby too hard. If you are not sure how to massage your baby, many books and websites can offer guidance. You can also ask your healthcare provider for advice. We hope this article has helped to answer the question, “How many times does your baby need a massage in a day?” If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to speak to us through a comment below.