What is Toddler ?
The period between 12 to 36 months age of child known as Toddler. The word toddler derived from the word "to toddle" which means to walk unsteadily. In this stage baby walk unsteadily. Toddler development can be classified into many parts such as: Physical growth, running, jumping and climbing,
Vision, Social development. Toddler development varies greatly from child to child. During this time, his or her physical growth and motor development will slow. Toddlers are realizing that they are separate individuals from their parents and caregivers. There are specific milestones that should be achieved by certain ages and stages in life.
Facts about Toddler
- Toddlers experience a language explosion.
- Toddlers understand thousands of words, but toddlers may not speak as many.
- The normal toddler behaviour is putting everything in their mouth.
- Most toddlers can walk by 15 months.
- Toddlers learn appropriate behaviour by watching those around them.
- You should protect your child from household hazards and keep a close eye on him or her.
- Before age 2 or 3, your child is ambidextrous.
- 90% of kids are right-handed.
- Toddlers can hear everything with their shiny new ears.
- The average toddler takes around 176 steps each minute.
- The brain of the toddler that allow her to develop memory and think for herself.
- Toddler Can say, mama, papa, and at least one or two other words.
- They grow to a height of 50% over birth length.
- They sleep 8–10 hours a night and take one to two naps.
- Turn through the pages of a book by flipping many pages at a time.
- They respond to his or her name.
- And in this stage they Try to imitate animal sounds.
- Helps undress self and put on simple clothes.
- Play Games like throwing and retrieving objects, Play furniture, dishes, cooking utensils, play telephone.
- Knows how to play different games.
- Easily learns new words, places and people's names.