Reflux is a common issue found mostly in babies. It a very challenging problem for parents to get the right solution. Sometimes parents to feel helpless and discouraged. Here find some well-proved tips and advice to overcome this issue. Baby Acid Reflux issue varies from one baby to another baby. If your baby is showing signs of reflux, which is a common newborn digestive problem, so follow the below-mentioned tips which help you.
What Is Baby Acid Reflux?
Baby Acid Reflux also sometimes called gastroesophageal reflux (GER), It is very common and occurs when food backs up (refluxes) from a baby’s stomach, Acid reflux happens when the contents of the stomach back up into the esophagus which is the tube that carries food from the throat to the stomach. This was causing the baby to spit up. Reflux can happen at any age, but it is common in babies. Spitting up and vomiting are the main symptoms of baby acid reflux. Other than this symptom there are some other symptoms given below:
Symptoms of Baby Acid Reflux
Symptoms of baby acid reflux can occur a bit differently in each child. If your baby has slow Baby Acid Reflux has low Symptoms. So it is necessary to know all the Symptoms of Baby Acid Reflux. Baby Acid Reflux is a common in babies and it is a temporary problem. But if continue a long-term problem, it is called gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD). Then you need to visit your Pediatrician for treatment and medication. Find out the main Symptoms of Baby Acid Reflux.
- Spitting up and vomiting- It is very common symptom of infant Acid Reflux, but Spitting forcefully and Spitting up blood or substance that looks like coffee ground may also sign of GERD or other more serious disorders. So you need to consult Pediatrician
- Choking- Your infant chokes when stomach contents flow back into their esophagus. It’s best to keep your infant in an upright position for at least 30 minutes after feeding them
- Coughing Often – Due to acid or food coming up into the back of the throat your baby coughing often.
- Weight Gain or Weight Loss- Excessive vomiting or poor feeding associated with acid reflux or GERD may occurs weight gain or weight loss.
- Trouble in Breathing – The regurgitated food can also be inhaled into the lungs and windpipe that causes trouble in breathing.
- Pneumonia – An infection in one or both of the lungs
- Irritable during Feeding– If your baby starts screaming and crying during feeding, it may be due to abdominal discomfort or esophageal irritation.
- Difficulty sleeping – Sometimes child feel difficulty during sleeping because of stomach pain. So try to feed your baby long before bedtime.
Some Key Tips for Helping Your Baby with Reflux
Most cases of reflux resolve within the baby’s first year and require no treatment. By following below mentioned tips you can help your baby with Reflux. The following changes may help improve infant reflux.
Choosing the Best Lifestyle to Minimize Reflux
- Tip1: Breast milk is the best for Baby with Reflux as compare to another Baby Formula. Don’t feed overload to your baby, let her/him feed little amount of breast milk in one time, and feed them little amount maximum time.
- Tip2: After every meal holds your baby upright for 15-30 minutes. And get walk holding your baby but make sure don’t make it too tight, as you don’t want to press on baby’s tummy too much.
- Tip3: Visit pediatrician to find some good solutions for controlling the reflux. There are many gentle ways to help them (and you) sleep.
- Tip4: Thicken up Baby Formula, some pediatrician doctor advised to add some rice cereal to baby’s formula to make it easier to digest. That makes easy to digest for your baby.
- Tip5: Delay playtime after every mealtime. Don’t make your child play or do extra activities just after his/her meal. Avoid bouncing Baby right after a feeding, these all movement increases the spitting up or vomiting.
- Tip6: Use neat and clean baby milk bottle and nipple, if you are the baby formula for your baby then make sure the bottle should neat and clean, if it becomes old then get a new best quality milk baby bottle for your hygiene.
- Tip7: Think about treatment and medication, if you feel and observe that your baby baby’s reflux isn’t improving after following the above tips and tricks then you need to visit a paediatrician for better treatment and medication.
Products which Can Help Acid Reflux in your Baby
Babies with infant acid reflux typically have very interrupted sleep. You can find many acid reflux wedges and acid reflux pillows on the market. Acid reflux pillows are very comfortable for upright positioning your baby during his/her sleeping time is extremely helpful for many babies with infant acid reflux. The Bassinet Wedge gently elevates your baby’s head by 12 degrees to place them into a proper sleep position which can reduce the discomfort caused by acid reflux or nasal congestion. It helps to provide the relief from nasal congestion and acid reflux. You can very inexpensively purchase these useful bassinet wedge pillows which Support your baby head and neck properly, Improves the blood circulation, which is made up of care for the baby skin and many more. So choose the best shop for the quality bassinet wedge pillow for your baby.
Bassinet Mattress Wedge – Baby Pillow for Acid Reflux
- 100% Modal cotton
- Premium Quality
- Comfortable Sleep
- Easy to Wash
Hope these above tips and trick help your baby acid reflux. By following tips of life style activities you can deal well with your Baby Acid Reflux. And also you can buy bassinet wedge pillow for your Acid Reflux baby. If then your infant continues to splitting or vomiting, then you need to visit your doctor once for better suggestions and treatments. Then you might be referred to a doctor who specializes in children’s digestive diseases (pediatric gastroenterologist).