In Hinduism, a name is considered to be very important. It is believed that a name can influence a person’s life positively or negatively. As a parent, finding a baby girl name that is both unique and meaningful can be difficult. In Indian origin, there are several beautiful and unique Hindu baby girl names to choose from. Your baby daughter deserves the best, so make sure to choose a name that is special and significant to her.
Generally, a baby name in India mostly derives from Sanskrit. However, in the modern era, there is an increasing trend of naming babies after deities from other religions, such as Islam and Christianity. As we have known that India is the country where every religion peacefully coexists.
For a newborn baby girl, you can find various names in Indian Mythology. Indian Mythology is a vast and complex subject that covers several different deities, stories, and legends. If you are looking for a unique Hindu baby girl name that has a special meaning, then mythology can be the perfect place to start. In the modern world if you think that mythology is outdated then isn’t true, you can also find some modern names from it. In this blog, we are going to explore best or modern Hindu baby girl names in 2022, that is beautiful, unique, and have a significant meaning.
In This Article
- Best Modern Hindu Baby Girl Names
- Baby Girl names starting from A
- Baby Girl Names starting from B
- Baby Girl Names starting from C
- Baby Girl Names starting from D
- Baby Girl Names starting from E
- Baby Girl Names starting from I
- Baby Girl Names starting from J
- Baby Girl Names starting from K
- Baby Girl Names starting from M:
- Baby Girl Names starting from N
- Baby Girl Names starting from P
- Baby Girl Names starting from R
- Baby Girl Names starting from S
- Baby Girl Names starting from T
- Baby Girl Names starting from V
- The Bottom Line
Best Modern Hindu Baby Girl Names
Though Hindu girl names are quite popular, parents are often looking for modern and stylish names for their daughters. Some parents want cute girl names, while others are looking for powerful Hindu goddess names for their daughters. In India, Sanskrit origin names are very popular for baby girls. Below we have outlined the most popular names for your child and they are:
Baby Girl names starting from A
- 1. Aadhya:“This is a very beautiful and unique name that has a Sanskrit origin. It means “the first” and is perfect for any little baby girl.”
- 2. Aditri:Aditri is a name of Goddess Lakshmi that means “highest honor.” This Hindu god baby names are perfect for a daughter who you want to have a bright future.
- 3. Amaya:“This beautiful name means “night rain”, and the music tune of the name is just lovely. It would be perfect for a baby girl who loves the night.”
- 4. Aarya:“This name means “noble” and is derived from the Sanskrit word Arya, that used for goddess Durga.”
- 5. Akshara:“Akshara is another lovely Sanskrit name that means “immortal”. It would be perfect for a baby girl who wants a powerful and timeless name.”
- 6. Advika:“This lovely name has a Sanskrit origin and means “unique”. It is perfect for baby girl who wants to stand out from the crowd.”
- 7. Aishwarya:“Aishwarya is one of the most popular and best baby girl names in India, and it is easy to see why. It is a beautiful name that means “royalty”.
- 8. Aparna:Aparna is the name of Goddess Parvati, Lord Shiva wife. Goddess Parvathi is known as the symbol of purity and marital bliss.
- 9. Anushka:“Anushka is a form of the Russian name Hannah. It means grace.” For your little angel, this pretty name would be perfect.”
- 10. Aarvi:“Aarvi is a modern Hindu name that has Sanskrit origins. It means ‘river of heaven’ or ‘celestial stream.'” This unique name would be perfect for your daughter who is as sweet as an angel.”
- 11. Anagha:Anagha is the name of Goddess Lakshmi meaning “sinless.” This beautiful Hindu goddess baby girl names sound perfect for your little princess.
- 12. Aaratrika:“Aaratrika is a modern name with Sanskrit origins. It means ‘night light’.” This delicate name would be perfect for your little girl
- 13. Aarushi:“Aarushi is an Indian Hindu baby girl name; sounds poetic yet rooted in Indian culture. It means First rays of the sun.”
- 14. Aparajita:“Aparajita is another name of Goddess Lakshmi that means “unvanquished.”
- 15. Aira:“Aira is an elegant name with a Sanskrit origin. It means ‘wind’ or ‘ breeze’.”
- 16. Anaya:“Anaya is a modern name that has Native American origins. It means ‘greatness’ or ‘excellence’.”
- 17. Aarushee:“Aarushee is a beautiful name meaning ‘gift from the gods.'”
- 18. Aakshi:“Aakshi is another beautiful name with Sanskrit origins. It means ‘eye’ or ‘sight’.” This lovely name would be perfect for your daughter who is your little first ray of sunshine.”
- 19. Aarna:“Aarna is another name with strong Sanskrit roots. It means ‘gift of the gods’ or ‘divine gift.'”
- 20. Aishani:“Aishani is a strong Hindu name that has multiple meanings. It can mean ‘fire’, ‘fierce’, or ‘courageous’.”
- 21. Aditi:“Aditi is a powerful name with deep meaning. It means ‘boundless’ or ‘unlimited’.”
- 22. Anaisha:“Anaisha is a Hindu word meaning “special.” The name also means “unique.” This name has a stylish Russian flair to it.”
- 23. Adya:“Adya is fashionable, but it also has ancient roots in Indian mythology. One of the 108 names of Goddess Durga, Adya stands for ‘Sunday born’.
- 24. Ambika:“Ambika is another name of Goddess Lakshmi that means “goddess of beauty.” This is the perfect name for your little princess.”
Baby Girl Names starting from B
- 25. Bhumika:“Bhumika is another popular name meaning ‘earth’.”
- 26. Bhuvi:“Bhuvi is the Hindu word for ‘earth’. This name is perfect for a girl who wants to be connected to the earth and its elements.”
- 27. Bhavana:“Bhavana is a beautiful name meaning ‘thought, meditation or reflection’. This would be a perfect name for a contemplative and spiritual girl.”
- 28. Bhavya:“The name Bhavya is a popular choice amongst parents looking for modern Hindu girl names. It means ‘grand or splendid’.”
- 29. Brigushi:“This is a modern and stylish name meaning ‘sunbeam’.”
- 30. Bhawna:“Bhawna is a beautiful name meaning ‘joy or delight’. This would be a perfect choice for a girl who brings happiness and joy into the lives of those around her.”
Baby Girl Names starting from C
- 31. Chhaya:“Your daughter is a reflection of you, and the name Chhaya is a beautiful name that reflects this. It means ‘Shadow’ in Hindi.”
- 32. Chitra:“This name means ‘bright’ and is perfect for your daughter who lights up your life.”
- 33. Charvi:“This pretty name means ‘graceful’ in Sanskrit, making it the perfect name for your charming daughter.”
- 34. Chhavi:“This name is derived from the Sanskrit word Chhavi, meaning ‘Reflection’. It is perfect for your daughter as she will be a reflection of you and all that you stand for.”
- 35. Charu:“This pretty name means ‘full of life and is the perfect choice for your vivacious daughter.”
Baby Girl Names starting from D
- 36. Drishti:“Drishti is a name that means ‘vision’. It is perfect for your little girl who has an amazing perspective about the world.”
- 37. Divya:“Divya is a Sanskrit name that means ‘divine’.
- 38. Disha:“This name is derived from the word ‘Dish’, meaning direction.
- 39. Deveshi:“Deveshi the name of Goddess Durga and means ‘the head of all the devas (gods)’. This baby girl name is perfect for a confident and ambitious little girl.”
- 40. Dhruvi:“Dhruvi is another beautiful name that means ‘constant’ or ‘unchanging’.
- 41. Diksha:“Diksha is a great name for spiritual girls. It means ‘initiation’ or ‘teaching’.
- 42. Devika:“Devika is one of the most popular names in Hindu culture and it means ‘Divine’. A strong name with a powerful meaning.”
- 43. Deepali:“Deepali is a popular name meaning ‘A Garland of Lights’. Perfect for a girl born during the festival of Diwali.”
- 44. Dhanya:“Dhanya is the name of Goddess Lakshmi which means “prosperous.” This auspicious Hindu baby girl names will bring good luck to your daughter.”
Baby Girl Names starting from E
- 45. Erica:“Erica is a strong name meaning ruler of all. It is perfect for your independent little daughter.”
- 46. Estella:“Estella means star. She will be the light in your life with this beautiful name.”
- 47. Ellie:“Ellie is a cute diminutive of the name Eleanor. It means shining light and is perfect for your cheerful and vivacious daughter.”
- 48. Emma:“Emma means entire. It is a perfect name for your daughter who fills your life with happiness.”
- 49. Eva:“Eva means life. It is perfect for your delicate darling who adds life to your existence.”
Baby Girl Names starting from I
- 50. Ishika:“Ishika is derived from the Sanskrit word Ishka, meaning ‘love’.”
- 51. Ipsita:“Ipsita is a beautiful name meaning “the desired one” in Sanskrit. This name is perfect for your lovely daughter.”
- 52. Ishani:“Another name for the wife of the god Siva. ‘Ish’ means God and ‘ani’ means belonging to. This is the name of Goddess Parvati or Goddess Durga.”
- 53. Inaaya:“The meaning of Inaaya is ‘mercy’. It is derived from the Arabic word An-Naya, meaning ‘blessing’.”
- 54. Isha:“The meaning of Isha is ‘the one who protects’. It is derived from the Sanskrit word Ish, meaning ‘lord’.”
- 55. Ira:“Derived from the word ‘irradiate’, Ira means ‘the sun’ or ‘radiance’.”
- 56. Ishaki:“The name Ishaki has the meaning ‘Godlike’. It is a variant of the popular name Ishika.”
- 57. Ishanvi:“The meaning of Ishanvi is ‘the auspicious one’. It is derived from the Sanskrit word Ishana, meaning ‘auspicious’.”
- 58. Inika:“Inika is a unisex name and it means ‘light’.”
- 59. Ishana:“The meaning of Ishana is ‘desire’. It is the variant of another popular name Ishaani.”
Baby Girl Names starting from J
- 60. Jagvi:“This name is inspired byJagvisha, the Lord of the Universe. It means ‘one who has control over the world’.”
- 61. Jivashika:This Hindu girl names meaning “the dawn of life”, that is perfect for your little one.
- 62. Juhi:“Juhi is an adorable name meaning ‘flower.’”
- 63. Janya:“Janya is another beautiful name that has Sanskrit origins. It means ‘born of fire.’”
- 64. Jyotsna:“Jyotsna is a lovely name that means ‘bright light’.”
- 65. Janavi:“Janavi is a modern and stylish name that has an interesting meaning. It refers to the river Ganga, which is the most sacred river in India.”
- 66. Jasmine:“This name is popular in the United States, and it means ‘jasmine flower.’”
- 67. Jahnvi:“Jahnvi is another modern and appealing name that means ‘river’.
- 68. Jyoti:“Jyoti is a beautiful name meaning ‘light’.”
- 69. Jivika:“Jivika is one of the most appealing modern names. It means ‘source of life’.”
Baby Girl Names starting from K
- 70. Kanishka:“Kanishka was the name of the great Kushan queen. It is an elegant and regal name that will make your daughter feel like a princess.”
- 71 Kavisha:“Kavisha is derived from the word Kavi, meaning ‘poetess’.
- 72 Kashvi:“Kashvi means ‘star’. It is a beautiful and unique name that will make your daughter stand out from the crowd.”
- 73 Kamya:“Kamya means ‘desirable’. It is a beautiful and romantic name that is perfect for your precious little girl.”
- 74 Kishti:“Kishti is a powerful and fearless name that means ‘boat’. It is perfect for a brave and adventurous girl.”
- 75 Kanika:“Kanika is a sweet and beautiful name that means ‘little one’. It is perfect for a small and delicate girl.”
- 76 Kahini:“This pretty name means ‘storyteller’. It is perfect for a girl who loves to tell stories and entertain people.”
- 77 Kivishka:“This name means ‘of the earth’ and is perfect for a nature-loving girl.”
Baby Girl Names starting from M:
- 78 Maya:“The name Maya is a beautiful Hindu girl name that means ‘illusion’.
- 79 Mira:“Mira is a lovely name meaning ‘mirror’. It is often used for girls with strikingly blue eyes.”
- 80 Mishika:“The name Mishika is Hindi in origin and it means ‘a loved one’.”
- 81 Medha:“The name Medha is Sanskrit for intelligence. This is an excellent choice for a bright and gifted little girl.”
- 82 Mayra:“The feminine name Mayra means beloved. It is a lovely name for your precious darling.”
- 83 Manasi:“The name Manasi is a sweet and poetic name meaning ‘dreamer’.”
Baby Girl Names starting from N
- 84 Nirva:“This name has a strong and powerful meaning, Nirva means ‘the end of the world’.”
- 85 Namiksha:“Namiksha will bring joy and happiness to your family. The name Namiksha means ‘worship’.”
- 86 Navika:“Navika is a beautiful name that means ‘navigator’ or ‘helmsman’.”
- 87 Nishka:“Nishka is a modern and stylish name that sounds beautiful. It means ‘golden one’.”
- 88 Naina:“Naina is a sweet and gentle name that means ‘eyes’.”
- 89 Nitya:“Nitya will make a unique choice for naming your baby. The name Nitya means ‘regular’.”
- 90 Namisha:“Namisha is a modern name that sounds beautiful and has a great meaning. It means ‘truthful’.”
Baby Girl Names starting from P
- 91 Prisha:“All children are God’s gift to their parents. The name Prisha signifies the same. It means ‘beloved, God’s gift’.
- 92 Palak:“Palak means leaf in Hindi. This name is perfect for nature-loving parents who want to name their daughter something related to nature.”
- 93 Pooja:“The name Pooja means worship. It is a beautiful and popular name for your little girl.”
- 94 Pihu:“The name Pihu means peahen. It is a short and sweet name for your darling daughter.”
- 95 Prachi:“The name Prachi means morning. It is an auspicious name for your new born daughter.”
- 96 Pari:“The name Pari means fairy. It is a magical name for your enchanting daughter.”
- 97 Pia:“Pia is a short and sweet name that means pearl. It is perfect for your precious daughter.”
Baby Girl Names starting from R
- 98 Riva:“The name Riva is of Hindi origin and it means ‘river’.”
- 99 Ruhi:“Ruhi is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘ruh’ which means ‘spiritual’ or ‘divine’.”
- 100 Rishika:“Rishika is a beautiful name meaning ‘learned woman’.”
- 101 Ranya:“A little name with a beautiful meaning, that’s Ranya for you! It means ‘Pleasing’.”
- 102 Riddhi:“This is another name inspired by a Hindu goddess, in this case Riddhi, the goddess of prosperity.”
- 103 Rushika:“This name is inspired by the Hindu goddess Rushi, who is known as the patron of the arts and sciences.”
Baby Girl Names starting from S
- 104 Suhasi:“Suhasi is a name of Sanskrit origin. It means ‘joyful, happy’.
- 105 Saanvi:“Saanvi is a name of Sanskrit origin. It means ‘goddess Lakshmi, prosperity’. This name is often used for girls born in the Hindu month of Shravan.”
- 106 Sahana:“Sahana is a name of Sanskrit origin. It means ‘endurance’.
- 107 Srirudra:Srirudra refers to Goddess Durga or Goddess Parvati, a Lord Shiva wife. It is a conventional name with a beautiful meaning. This name also highlights one of the many names of Siva – Rudra! This name means “the howler.”
- 108 Saumya:“Saumya is a name of Sanskrit origin. It means ‘pearl’. It is also another name for Goddess Durga.”
- 109 Saanvi:“Saanvi is a name of Sanskrit origin. It means ‘goddess Lakshmi, prosperity’. This name is often used for girls born in the Hindu month of Shravan.”
- 110 Shreya:“Shreya is a name of Sanskrit origin. It means ‘the best, excellent’.”
Baby Girl Names starting from T
- 111 Tara:“Tara is the name of a Hindu goddess who is known for her strength and power. This name is perfect for any strong little girl.”
- 112 Twinkle:“Twinkle is an adorable name that means ‘star’. This name is perfect for any little girl who lights up your life.”
- 113 Tanaya:“Tanaya is a modern Sanskrit name that means ‘daughter’. This sweet name would be perfect for any little girl.”
- 114 Tiya:“If you are a nature lover, then you can name your child Tiya. Tiya means ‘bird’.”
- 115 Tanisha:“Tanisha is a beautiful name that means ‘most beautiful. This name is perfect for your little princess.”
- 116 Trisha:“Trisha is an extremely popular name that means ‘love’.
Baby Girl Names starting from V
- 117 Vani:“Vani is a common name in India that refers to the Goddess Saraswati. It means “Speech”, this name for your little bundle of joy is perfect who is destined for greatness.”
- 118 Vidya:“Vidya means wisdom and knowledge. Vidya is common Hindu girl names that refer to the Goddess Saraswati.”
- 119 Vamika:“Vamika Hinduy girl names refer to Goddess Parvati or Goddess Durga. It sounds melodious, and this would be the perfect name for your little girl.”
- 120 Varsha:“Varsha is the Sanskrit word for ‘rain’. This name is perfect for a daughter who loves nature and the outdoors.”
- 121 Vriksha:“This is another name with a powerful meaning – ‘tree’. It is perfect for a nature-loving girl.”
Therefore, in Hindu culture, a baby girl is often named after an auspicious event, natural phenomenon, precious stone, or virtuous quality. While there are endless possibilities when it comes to naming your little one. In this blog, we listed modern Hindu baby girl names that will be popular in 2022. These names reflect traditional values while also sounding stylish and modern. As we come to the end of this list of modern Hindu baby girl names, we hope that you have found a name that you love for your little one. So, whether you are looking for a name that is traditional or modern, there is sure to be something on this list that suits your needs. If you think we have missed any fabulous names, please let us know in the comments below.