Telugu is a Dravidian language spoken in the Indian states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. It is known for its rich culture, traditions, and literature. One aspect of Telugu culture that stands out is its unique naming system. Telugu baby names are usually derived from ancient Sanskrit words and have beautiful meanings associated with them.
But when it comes to naming a baby girl, parents are often spoilt for choice. To help you out, we have compiled a list of 180 Telugu’s latest baby girl names with their meanings. Whether you want a traditional name or a modern one, these names are sure to catch your attention. So, scroll down to find out more!
Best Telugu Baby Girl Names
Baby girl names in Telugu are usually chosen based on the child’s nakshatra (birth star), Rashi (zodiac sign), or numerology. As per the Telugu tradition, the name is also chosen to reflect the child’s personality and characteristics. Telugu names list for baby girls includes a mix of modern and traditional names. Here are some of the best baby girl names in Telugu with their meanings:
Baby Girl Names in Telugu Starting With A
- Aaditri: This name is derived from the goddess Lakshmi means ‘Highest honor’.
- Aahana: This name means ‘dawn’ or ‘first sun rays’.
- Aakanksha: This name in Telugu means ‘desire’ or ‘wish’.
- Anvita: Meaning ‘followed, one who follows their own path’.
- Adya: Derived from the Sanskrit word “adya” meaning ‘first’, it can also mean ‘unparalleled’.
- Aaradhya: A name that means ‘worshipped’ or ‘devoted to Lord Vishnu.’
- Aishwarya: Signifying ‘wealth’ or ‘prosperity,’ a name associated with abundance.
- Annapurna: Denoting the ‘goddess of food’ or ‘nourisher,’ this name represents nourishment.
- Amulya: A name that means ‘invaluable’ or ‘priceless,’ symbolizing preciousness.
- Aditi: Signifying ‘boundless’ or ‘mother of Lord Indra,’ a name associated with the divine.
- Anusha: Denoting ‘beautiful morning’ or ‘radiance,’ this name reflects beauty and light.
- Anika: A name that means ‘grace’ or ‘favor,’ symbolizing elegance and charm.
- Akshaya: Signifying ‘indestructible’ or ‘eternal,’ a name with connotations of permanence.
- Akhila: Denoting ‘whole’ or ‘complete,’ this name represents inclusiveness.
- Aruna: A name that means ‘reddish’ or ‘dawn,’ symbolizing the beauty of a new day.
- Aahana: Signifying ‘dawn’ or ‘first rays of the sun,’ a name associated with new beginnings.
- Anjali: Denoting ‘offering’ or ‘salutation,’ a name with religious significance.
- Aarushi: A name that means ‘first ray of the sun’ or ‘light,’ symbolizing radiance.
- Aadya: Signifying ‘the beginning’ or ‘the first,’ a name associated with the start of something new.
- Aasha: Aasha “hope” in Telugu, represents optimism and positivity.
- Aloka: Denoting ‘light’ or ‘radiance,’ this name reflects brightness and illumination.
- Akhila: A name that means ‘whole’ or ‘complete,’ symbolizing inclusiveness.
- Arunika: Signifying ‘early morning sunlight’ or ‘dawn,’ a name associated with the beauty of a new day.
- Amara: Denoting ‘immortal’ or ‘everlasting,’ this name represents eternity.
- Anvita: A name that means ‘followed’ or ‘pursued,’ symbolizing dedication and commitment.
- Aadrika: Signifying ‘goddess Parvati’ or ‘the celestial,’ this name has divine and celestial connotations.
- Aaghnya: Denoting ‘born from fire’ or ‘daughter of the fire,’ this name represents strength and power.
- Abhinaya: Abhinaya “expressions” in Sanskrit and refers to the art of expression through dance.
- Amukta: A unique name that means ‘free’ or ‘liberated,’ symbolizing freedom of spirit and mind.
Baby Girl Names in Telugu Starting With B
- Bhavani: This name is derived from the Hindu goddess Bhavani, representing strength and power.
- Bhavya: Meaning “splendid” or “magnificent,” this name signifies the qualities of grandeur and greatness.
- Bharati: Representing knowledge and wisdom, Bharati is a name associated with the Hindu goddess of learning.
- Bhargavi: Derived from the word “bharga,” meaning sunlight, this name symbolizes radiance and brightness.
- Bindu: Signifying a drop or a dot, Bindu represents purity and simplicity.
- Bhanupriya: This name means “beloved of the sun” and signifies someone who is adored and cherished.
- Bhavana: Meaning “emotion” or “feeling,” Bhavana represents someone who is deeply connected to their inner self.
- Bhumi: Derived from the Sanskrit word for earth, Bhumi symbolizes grounding and stability.
- Bhanumathi: This name combines the words “bhanu” (sun) and “mathi” (intelligence), signifying someone who is intelligent and radiant like the sun.
- Brinda: Derived from the word “vrinda,” which means tulsi or holy basil, Brinda symbolizes devotion and purity.
- Bhairavi: Representing the fierce form of the goddess Durga, Bhairavi signifies strength and power.
- Bhanuja: This name means “born of the sun” and represents someone who is radiant and brings warmth wherever they go.
- Bhumika: Derived from the word “bhumi” (earth), Bhumika signifies a person’s role or position in life.
- Bhuvana: Meaning “world” or “universe,” Bhuvana represents someone who is all-encompassing and inclusive.
- Babitha: Meaning “one who is pure” or “innocent,” Babitha represents someone with a gentle and calm demeanor.
- Barkha: Signifying rain, Barkha represents freshness, rejuvenation, and growth.
- Bhagyashree: Derived from the words “bhagya” (fortune) and “shree” (goddess Lakshmi), Bhagyashree signifies someone who is blessed with abundance and prosperity.
Baby Girl Names in Telugu Starting With C
- Charumati: Meaning “beautiful-minded,” Charumati signifies a person with a charming and graceful nature.
- Chaitanya: Derived from the word “chaitanyam,” meaning consciousness or awareness, Chaitanya represents spiritual enlightenment.
- Chatura: This name means “clever” or “intelligent,” symbolizing someone who is quick-witted and smart.
- Chitrangada: Inspired by the name of Arjuna’s wife in the Mahabharata, Chitrangada represents beauty and artistic expression.
- Chandana: Signifying sandalwood, Chandana represents purity and fragrance.
- Chavi: Meaning “image” or “reflection,” Chavi symbolizes someone who reflects beauty and grace.
- Chaya: Derived from the Sanskrit word for “shadow,” Chaya represents depth and mystery.
- Charvi: Derived from the word “charu,” meaning beautiful, Charvi represents someone who is attractive and captivating.
- Chetana: Meaning “consciousness” or “awareness,” Chetana signifies self-realization and inner growth.
- Chandrika: Derived from the word “chandra,” meaning moon, Chandrika symbolizes the radiance and beauty of the full moon.
- Chaitra: Signifying the first month of the Hindu calendar, Chaitra represents new beginnings and fresh starts.
- Chinmayi: Derived from the word “chinmaya,” meaning full of consciousness, Chinmayi symbolizes someone who is filled with divine knowledge and wisdom.
Baby Girl Names in Telugu Starting With D
- Dhriti: Meaning ‘courage’ or ‘patience,’ a name that signifies inner strength and resilience.
- Daksha: Denoting ‘smart’ or ‘able,’ this name reflects intelligence and competence.
- Dwija: A name that means ‘born twice,’ symbolizing rebirth or spiritual awakening.
- Deepali: Signifying ‘row of lamps’ or ‘the festival of lights,’ a name associated with Diwali, the festival of lights.
- Dharani: A name that means ‘earth’ or ‘the ancient city,’ symbolizing the earth’s abundance and historical significance.
- Darshini: Denoting ‘one who sees’ or ‘perceptive,’ this name reflects a keen observer.
- Devika: Meaning ‘little goddess’ or ‘young girl,’ a name with divine and youthful connotations.
- Devasya: Signifying ‘belonging to the gods’ or ‘divine,’ a name associated with the divine realm.
- Divya: A name that means ‘divine’ or ‘heavenly,’ symbolizing divine beauty and grace.
- Disha: Denoting ‘direction’ or ‘path,’ this name reflects guidance and purpose.
- Dhanyata: Meaning ‘blessedness’ or ‘abundance,’ a name that signifies blessings and prosperity.
- Dakshayani: Signifying ‘goddess Parvati’ or ‘daughter of Daksha,’ this name has divine and mythological connotations.
- Dhenuka: A name that means ‘young girl’ or ‘calf,’ symbolizing youth and innocence.
- Dwipavati: Denoting ‘feather line’ or ‘row of feathers,’ this name represents grace and delicacy.
- Divakari: Meaning ‘one who brings daylight’ or ‘full moon,’ a name with celestial and luminous connotations.
- Dharaniika: Signifying ‘earth’ or ‘the ancient city,’ this name symbolizes the earth’s historical significance.
- Drishti: Denoting ‘gaze’ or ‘vision,’ this name represents the power of sight and perception.
- Damini: Meaning ‘lightning’ or ‘flash,’ a name with energetic and vibrant connotations.
- Dayita: Signifying ‘beloved’ or ‘darling,’ this name reflects affection and endearment.
- Deveshni: A name that means ‘goddess’ or ‘queen,’ symbolizing divine feminine power and royalty.
- Durva: Derived from the Sanskrit word for “grass,” Durva represents growth, prosperity, and resilience.
- Dhanya: Meaning “lucky” or “blessed,” Dhanya signifies someone fortunate and blessed in life.
Baby Girl Names in Telugu Starting With G
- Girija: The mae of Goddess Parvati, Girija represents strength and feminine energy.
- Gowri: A name derived from the Sanskrit word “gauri,” which means fair or white, Gowri represents purity and innocence.
- Gayatri: This name is associated with the sacred Gayatri mantra and signifies wisdom and knowledge.
- Ganika: Derived from the word “gana,” which means group or assembly, Ganika signifies God Ganesha’s devotee.
- Gauravi: Meaning “respect” or “honor,” Gauravi signifies someone who is held in high esteem.
- Grishma: This name means “summer” and represents warmth, vitality, and strength.
- Gunita: This is one of the common Telugu girl names and means “talented” or “gifted.”
- Gandhali: Derived from the word “gandha,” which means fragrance, Gandhali baby girl names starting with G represent someone who has a pleasant and soothing aura.
- Gulika: Meaning “pearl,” Gulika signifies someone who is precious and valuable.
Baby Girl Names in Telugu Starting With H
- Harini: A name that means “deer” or “gazelle,” Harini represents beauty, grace, and agility.
- Hamsa: This name refers to the swan, which is considered a symbol of purity and divinity in Hindu mythology.
- Hema: Meaning “golden” in Telugu, Hema signifies brightness and radiance.
- Harshita: A name that means “joyful,” Harshita represents someone who brings happiness and positivity to others.
- Hasini: In Telugu Language, Hasini means “pleasant” or “happy,” symbolizing a cheerful and lively personality.
- Hamsitha: This name combines the words “hamsa” (swan) and “mitha” (sweet), representing someone who is graceful and charming.
- Himani: It refers to the goddess Parvati and signifies strength, power, and motherhood.
Baby Girl Names in Telugu Starting With I
- Isvaari: This goddess Saraswati-inspired name means “goddess of knowledge and wisdom.”
- Ishani: Representing the wife of Lord Shiva, Parvati, Ishani signifies strength and power.
- Indrani: Derived from the king of gods, Indra, Indrani symbolizes royalty and leadership.
- Ishita: Meaning “desired” or “beloved,” Ishita represents someone who is highly valued and cherished.
- Ishwari: A name that means “goddess,” Ishwari symbolizes strength and divinity.
- Iswarya: Derived from the Sanskrit word for wealth, Iswarya signifies prosperity and abundance.
- Idika: A name that means “Earth” in Sanskrit, Idika symbolizes grounding and stability.
Baby Girl Names in Telugu Starting With K
- Krithi: A name that signifies ‘creative’ or ‘artistic,’ reflecting the beauty of artistic endeavors like beautiful scenery.
- Kavya: Meaning ‘poetry’ or ‘literature,’ this name symbolizes the beauty of literary expression, like a picturesque landscape.
- Kamala: Signifying ‘lotus’ or ‘the beautiful one,’ this name has connotations of natural beauty akin to a scenic view.
- Kirti: A name that means ‘fame’ or ‘glory,’ symbolizing the beauty of recognition, similar to the beauty of a breathtaking landscape.
- Kusumita: Denoting ‘covered with flowers’ or ‘blossoming,’ this name represents the charm of blooming flowers in beautiful scenery.
- Kavitha: Meaning ‘poem’ or ‘artistic creation,’ this name has connotations of artistic beauty akin to a picturesque view.
- Krishna: Signifying ‘black’ or ‘the dark one,’ this name symbolizes the beauty of dark, rich colors, like those found in a stunning landscape.
Baby Girl Names in Telugu Starting With M
- Mahadevi: A name that signifies ‘Goddess Durga’ or ‘great goddess,’ representing strength and divine power.
- Manikanta: Denoting ‘Goddess Lakshmi’ or ‘jeweled,’ this name symbolizes wealth and prosperity.
- Meenakshi: Meaning ‘Goddess with fish-shaped eyes,’ this name has connotations of beauty and grace.
- Madhurika: Signifying ‘sweetness’ or ‘delicacy,’ this name reflects a gentle and sweet nature.
- Mangala: A name that means ‘auspicious’ or ‘fortunate,’ symbolizing blessings and good luck.
- Mallika: Denoting ‘jasmine’ or ‘flower,’ this name has connotations of beauty and fragrance.
- Mahalakshmi: Meaning ‘Goddess Lakshmi’ or ‘great fortune,’ a name associated with wealth and prosperity.
- Meera: Lord Krishna’s devotee; this name symbolizes devotion and love for God.
Baby Girl Names in Telugu Starting With N
- Navya: Meaning “new” or “young,” Navya represents new beginnings and freshness.
- Nandini: Derived from the Sanskrit word for happiness, Nandini signifies joy and contentment.
- Nitya: This name means “eternal” or “constant,” representing someone with a never-ending spirit.
- Nalini: Meaning “lotus” in Telugu, Nalini symbolizes purity and beauty.
- Namrata: Derived from the Sanskrit word for humility, Namrata represents someone with a humble and modest nature.
- Niharika: Meaning “dew drops” in Telugu, Niharika signifies freshness and newness.
- Nimisha: It means the twinkling of an eye, representing someone who is quick and observant.
Baby Girl Names in Telugu Starting With P
- Parvati: Named after the goddess Parvati, it signifies strength and divine power.
- Pranavi: Meaning ‘the sacred sound of Om,’ this name is associated with spirituality.
- Pavani: Denoting ‘pure’ or ‘holy,’ this name symbolizes purity.
- Padmini: A name that means ‘lotus,’ representing beauty and grace.
- Pragati: Signifying ‘progress’ or ‘advancement,’ this name reflects growth and development.
- Parijat: Meaning ‘coral tree’ or ‘celestial,’ this name is associated with exotic beauty.
- Padmalaya: Denoting ‘abode of lotuses,’ this name represents purity and serenity.
- Prathyusha: A name that means ‘dawn’ or ‘morning light,’ symbolizing the beginning of a new day.
- Purnima: Signifying ‘full moon,’ this name has connotations of radiance and completeness.
- Pallavi: Meaning ‘new leaves’ or ‘freshness,’ this name is associated with new beginnings.
- Pranitha: Denoting ‘leader’ or ‘guiding light,’ this name represents strength and guidance.
Baby Girl Names in Telugu Starting With R
- Rati: Meaning “pleasure” or “desire,” Rati represents the goddess of love and passion.
- Renuka: Derived from the word “renu,” meaning small particle, Renuka symbolizes purity and innocence.
- Rukmini: This name is associated with the consort of Lord Krishna and represents beauty and devotion.
- Rohini: Signifying the fourth lunar mansion in Hindu astrology, Rohini represents growth and fertility.
- Rajeshwari: Meaning “queen” or “goddess of the king,” Rajeshwari signifies the powerful form of Goddess Durga.
- Ramaa: Derived from the name of Lord Rama, Ramaa represents grace and compassion.
- Raksha: Meaning “protection” or “safety,” Raksha symbolizes the divine shield of Goddess Durga.
- Riddhi: This name signifies prosperity and abundance, representing the blessings of Goddess Lakshmi.
Baby Girl Names in Telugu Starting With S
- Shivani: Denoting a ‘devoted girl’ to Lord Shiva, this name represents a deep religious commitment.
- Sarita: Meaning ‘river,’ this name symbolizes the flow of life and spirituality.
- Saraswati: Signifying the ‘goddess of knowledge,’ this name represents wisdom and learning.
- Sadhana: A name that means ‘spiritual practice,’ symbolizing devotion and self-improvement.
- Shubhangi: Denoting ‘a beautiful body’ or ‘graceful,’ this name reflects physical attractiveness.
- Sukanya: Meaning ‘a woman of pure and perfect beauty,’ this name symbolizes beauty and purity.
- Samhita: Signifying ‘a gathering’ or ‘a sacred text,’ this name is associated with religious scriptures.
- Sowmya: A name that means ‘gentle’ or ‘graceful,’ symbolizing a gentle and calm nature.
- Sakshi: Denoting ‘witness’ or ‘observer,’ this name reflects keen perception and awareness.
- Sangeeta: Meaning ‘music’ or ‘melody,’ this name has connotations of artistic talent.
- Shakti: Signifying ‘goddess Durga,’ this name represents divine strength and power.
- Shruti: A name that means ‘hearing’ or ‘knowledge,’ symbolizing the importance of learning.
- Sushma: Denoting ‘radiant’ or ‘bright,’ this name represents beauty and luminosity.
- Shreya: Meaning ‘prosperity’ or ‘the best,’ a name associated with blessings and success.
- Sarasvati: Signifying the ‘goddess of knowledge,’ this name represents wisdom and learning.
- Sahana: A name that means ‘patience’ or ‘tolerance,’ symbolizing a calm and composed demeanor.
- Shrestha: Denoting ‘the best’ or ‘the most excellent,’ this name reflects exceptional qualities.
- Sravani: Meaning ‘rain’ or ‘blessing,’ a name associated with the blessings of nature.
- Sowbhagya: Signifying ‘good fortune’ or ‘luck,’ this name represents blessings and prosperity.
- Srija: A name that means ‘goddess Laxmi’ or ‘born of prosperity,’ symbolizing abundance and wealth.
Baby Girl Names in Telugu Starting With T
- Tanvi: Meaning “beautiful” or “delicate,” Tanvi represents someone with a gentle and graceful personality.
- Tejaswi: Derived from the word “tejas” (brightness), Tejaswi symbolizes radiance, brilliance, and intelligence.
- Tulasi: This name refers to the holy basil plant and signifies purity, devotion, and auspiciousness.
- Trisha: Meaning “thirst” or “desire,” Trisha represents someone with a strong drive and ambition.
- Taruni: Derived from the word “tara” (star), Taruni symbolizes beauty, radiance, and brightness.
- Trishna: Signifying longing or aspiration, Trishna represents someone with strong desires and ambitions.
- Tanushree: Meaning “beautiful body” or “attractive form,” Tanushree signifies physical beauty and grace.
- Tanya: Derived from the word “tanu” (body), Tanya represents someone with a slender and graceful body.
- Tharuni: This name means “young woman” and represents youthfulness, vitality, and beauty.
- Tanuja: Meaning “daughter” or “child,” Tanuja signifies someone who brings joy and happiness to their family.
Baby Girl Names in Telugu Starting With V
- Varsha: Meaning ‘rain’ or ‘monsoon,’ this name symbolizes the blessings of nature.
- Vasudha: Denoting ‘earth’ or ‘goddess of the earth,’ this name represents nature and abundance.
- Vedika: A name that means ‘altar’ or ‘sacred place,’ symbolizing spirituality and devotion.
- Vanya: Signifying ‘forest’ or ‘wild,’ this name reflects the beauty of the wilderness.
- Valli: A name that means ‘creeper’ or ‘climber,’ symbolizing growth and progress.
- Vishala: Denoting ‘vast’ or ‘spacious,’ this name represents expansiveness and grandeur.
To sum it up, Telugu girl names are not unique and beautiful but also have deep meanings and significance. From divine and mythological references to qualities like beauty, intelligence, and strength, these names hold a special place in the hearts of Telugu-speaking families. Whether it’s for religious reasons or simply for the love of a name, Telugu girl names carry with them a sense of tradition and culture that is truly special. So, choose a name for your daughter that not only sounds lovely but also has a meaningful story behind it!