Christian or Biblical names are always a classic and timeless choice for parents when naming their baby girls. They not only hold deep spiritual significance but also have beautiful meanings that can inspire and guide your little one throughout her life.
However, the Holy bible consists of many characters and unique names in both the Old and New Testaments, making it difficult for parents to choose the perfect name for their daughter. To help you out, we have created a list of 190 unique Christian baby girl names with meanings that you can consider. From classic biblical names to modern variations, these names are a perfect blend of tradition and creativity.
Best Christian Baby Girl Names
Christian or Bible names for girls have always been a popular choice for parents all around the world. These names hold special meanings and are highly valued in religious communities. Many parents often name their daughters after biblical characters, prophets, and virtues to instill strong values in them from a young age. Here are some of the best Christian baby girl names that you can consider:
Christian Baby Girl Names Starting With A
- Adina: It means ‘Slender’ and ‘Delicate.’ It is a unisex name, also used for the chief of an army of Reubenites in the Bible.
- Abigail: Meaning “my father’s joy,” it’s a popular Old Testament name.
- Anna: A name of Hebrew origin meaning “grace” found in the New Testament.
- Abiela: This is a unique name meaning “God is my father.”
- Adah: From the Old Testament, this name means “ornament” or “adornment.”
- Anaelle: Meaning “God has answered,” reflecting a New Testament theme of divine responses.
- Avital: A name from the Old Testament meaning “father of dew” and associated with King David’s wife.
- Aveline: Derived from the Latin word “avis,” signifying freedom and grace.
- Athaliah: A name from the Old Testament meaning “God is exalted.”
- Adina: Meaning “gentle” or “delicate,” found in the Old Testament.
- Agatha: Of Greek origin, meaning “good” or “kind-hearted,” often associated with Christian saints.
- Achaia: A New Testament name associated with the region of Achaia, an early Christian center.
- Amaris: This biblical name means “given by God.” It’s also associated with the Old Testament character Amariah.
- Anna: This Christian faith name has a Hebrew origin that means “gracious” or “graceful.”
- Angelina: A feminine form of the name Angel, associated with heavenly beings and the messenger of God.
- Aurelia: Of Latin origin, meaning “golden,” this name reflects the love and light of Christ.
- Ariel: Meaning “lion of God” in Hebrew; this name is also associated with a Christian angel.
- Abra: A Hebrew name meaning “mother of many,” it’s also connected to the Old Testament character Sarah.
- Asenath: The mother of two sons with Joseph, Asenath means “belonging to Neith,” an Egyptian goddess.
- Adelia: Meaning “noble” and “kind,” this name has Latin and German origins and is often associated with Christian virtues.
- Anah: Meaning “answer” or “to sing,” Anah is a biblical name found in the Old Testament.
- Azubah: It is a Hebrew name meaning “forsaken.” This name is also connected to King David’s wife.
Christian Baby Girl Names Starting With B
- Bashemath: Meaning “fragrant” or “perfumed.” This is a beautiful name for a baby girl.
- Bethany: This name means “house of figs” or “house of misery.” It’s a lovely name with a deeper meaning.
- Beatrice: Meaning “she who brings happiness” or “blessed,” Beatrice is a name that carries a sense of joy and positivity.
- Bridget: This name is derived from the Irish name Brighid, meaning “exalted one” or “strength.” St. Brigid of Ireland was a famous Christian saint.
- Belinda: A name that means “beautiful serpent” or “maiden,” Belinda has a unique and enchanting quality.
- Bernadette: This name is often associated with St. Bernadette Soubirous, who had visions of the Virgin Mary in Lourdes, France. It means “brave as a bear.”
- Bethel: A biblical name that means “house of God.” Bethel is a place of spiritual significance in the Old Testament.
- Beryl: This name, associated with a precious gemstone, signifies “strength” and “valor,” making it a unique and meaningful choice.
- Blanche: Meaning “white” or “pure,” Blanche is a name that symbolizes purity and innocence.
- Bithiah: Another biblical name, Bithiah, means “daughter of God” or “worshipper of Yahweh.” It has a beautiful and powerful meaning.
Christian Baby Girl Names Starting With C
- Candace: Derived from the Ethiopian title “kandake,” it means “queen” or “queen mother.”
- Chloe: Meaning “green shoot” or “blooming,” it signifies vitality and growth.
- Claudia: Of Latin origin, Claudia means “lame” or “enclosure.”
- Carmel: Signifying “garden” or “vineyard,” it represents fertility and abundance.
- Celeste: From the word Latin for “heavenly” or “divine,” it conveys a celestial quality.
- Candela: Meaning “candle” or “light,” it symbolizes illumination and guidance.
- Cora: Derived from the Greek name Korē, it means “maiden” or “young girl.”
- Cara: Originating from the Italian word for “beloved” or “dear,” it represents affection and love.
- Caprice: Meaning “whimsical” or “impulsive,” it suggests spontaneity and playfulness.
- Calista: Of Greek origin, Calista means “most beautiful” or “fairest.”
- Cassia: This name is derived from “cassia tree” and signifies fragrant cinnamon, representing the sweet fragrance of faith.
Christian Baby Girl Names Starting With D
- Deborah: A biblical name meaning “bee” or “industrious one,” Deborah was a prophetess and judge in the Old Testament.
- Diana: This name means “divine” or “heavenly,” representing a connection to the divine.
- Dorcas: This name from the New Testament, Dorcas means “gazelle” and is associated with a woman known for her acts of kindness and charity.
- Delilah: A name of Hebrew origin, Delilah means “delicate” or “weakened.” She is a famous figure from the Old Testament.
- Dominique: A name that means “belonging to the Lord,” emphasizing devotion and faith.
- Danielle: This female version form of Daniel, meaning “God is my judge.”
- Deborah: A biblical name meaning “bee” or “industrious one,” Deborah was a prophetess and judge in the Old Testament.
- Dayna: This is one of the popular virtue names, a variant of Diana, and shares the meaning of “divine” or “heavenly.”
- Davina: A name of Hebrew origin, Davina means “beloved” or “darling.” It conveys a sense of deep love and affection.
- Damaris: This name that means “calf” or “gentle” is often associated with a convert to Christianity in Athens.
- Divine: A word name that signifies holiness, divinity, and a connection to God.
Christian Baby Girl Names Starting With E
- Eleanor: This classic name means “bright” or “shining one.” It has been associated with many influential women throughout history.
- Eden: A biblical name that means “delight,” Eden is often thought of as a paradise on Earth and can symbolize joy and happiness for a baby girl.
- Evangeline: Derived from the Greek word for “good news,” this name carries a strong Christian meaning and has a beautiful sound.
- Elizabeth: This timeless name means “God is my oath” or “consecrated to God.” It has been popular among royal families and carries a sense of grace and elegance.
- Esther: A Hebrew word meaning “star,” Esther is the name of a courageous biblical figure who saved her people from destruction.
- Edith: This name, meaning “prosperous in war” or “blessed,” has been used by many notable Christian women throughout history.
- Elisha: This modern name for girls means “God is my salvation” or “My God is an oath.” It has a strong biblical significance.
- Ewe: This Christian name for girls after “female sheep” or “lamb,” with a meaning of “gentle” and “innocent.”
- Eunice: This elegant name regularly contributes to “good victory” or “joyous victory.” A well-known biblical figure named Eunice was the mother of Timothy.
- Eve: In Hebrew, this name means “life” or “living one.” It is the name of the first woman in creation and carries a strong biblical significance.
- Elon: It means “oak tree” or “strong,” making it an ideal unisex name for a strong and resilient baby girl.
Christian Baby Girl Names Starting With G
- Grace: Derived from the word “charis,” it roughly translates to “God’s favor” or “blessing.”
- Gabriella: A combination of “Gabriel” and “El,” it means “God is my strength” or “strong woman of God.”
- Gianna: An Italian variant of “John,” it means “God is gracious” or “gift of God.”
- Gideon: Meaning “mighty warrior” or “hewer,” it represents strength and courage.
- Gemma: Derived from the word Latin for “gem” or “precious stone,” it signifies beauty.
- Galilee: This Christian name, meaning “wheel” or “rolling,” also refers to the area where Jesus performed many miracles in the New Testament.
- Glory: A name that signifies “honor” and “praise,” it’s a beautiful reminder of God’s greatness.
- Gertrude: Meaning “spear of strength,” this unique name has been popular among Christian saints throughout history.
- Gabrielle: This is one of the Christian names for baby girl that means “God is my strength” or “strong woman of God.”
- Gomer: This Hebrew name means “complete” or “perfect” and can also refer to a biblical character in the book of Hosea.
Christian Baby Girl Names Starting With H
- Hannah: Meaning “grace” or “favor,” Hannah is a name with strong biblical roots. In the Bible, Hannah was the mother of Samuel.
- Hope: A Christian name that signifies faith, trust, and optimism in God’s promises.
- Hadassah: This name means “myrtle tree” and is associated with Queen Esther in the Bible, who showed great courage.
- Harmony: A name that represents unity, peace, and concord, values important in Christian faith.
- Helena: Meaning “bright, shining light,” Helena is a name that can symbolize Christ’s light in one’s life.
- Hephzibah: A name with Hebrew origins, meaning “my delight is in her.” It reflects God’s delight in His people.
- Hadara: This name means “splendor” or “glory” and reflects the glory of God in a Christian context.
- Haran: This is one of the popular biblical names for baby girl, meaning “mountaineer” or “halt.” This is the name of Abraham’s mother-in-law.
- Hosanna: A name that originates from the Bible, Hosanna means “save us” or “deliver us.” It is often used as a praise and worship term in Christian songs.
Christian Baby Girl Names Starting With J
- Joanna: Meaning “God is gracious” or “gift of God.”
- Julia: Derived from the Roman family name Julius, it means “youthful” or “downy.”
- Jessica: Originating from Hebrew, it means “God beholds” or “rich.”
- Joy: Signifying delight, happiness, or spiritual joy.
- Jasmine: Derived from the flower name, it represents beauty, grace, and elegance.
- Jocelyn: Meaning “joyous one” or “cheerful,” it conveys happiness and optimism.
- Judith: Of Hebrew origin, it means “woman of Judea” or “praised.”
- Jane: A variant of the name “Jeanne,” it signifies “God is gracious.”
- Josephine: Derived from the name “Joseph,” it means “God will increase” or “God will add.”
- Junia: From Latin, it means “young” or “youthful.”
- Jayla: A modern name with roots in Arabic, it signifies “beautiful” or “little girl.”
- Janelle: Combining the names “Jane” and “Elle,” it roughly translates to “God is gracious” and “she.”
- Jemma: A variant of the name “Gemma,” it means “gem” or “precious stone.”
- Jacinta: Derived from the Spanish word for “hyacinth,” it symbolizes beauty and sincerity.
- Jewel: Representing something precious, valuable, or a gemstone.
Christian Baby Girl Names Starting With L
- Lydia: This pretty name means “beautiful one” or “noble one.” It was the name of a Christian woman whom St. Paul converted in the New Testament.
- Lois: This is one of the popular Christian names for your little girl and means “better” or “more desirable.” It also has a lovely ring to it.
- Leah: Meaning “weary,” Leah was the first wife of Jacob in the Bible. Despite her struggles, she remained faithful to God.
- Lucy: This name is derived from the Latin “lux,” meaning light. Saint Lucy is known as the patron saint of sight.
- Lapidoth: A unique and rare name, Lapidoth means “torches” or “lamp.” It was the name of the husband of Deborah in the Bible.
- Leona: Meaning “lioness,” this name has a strong and fierce connotation. It’s perfect for a bold and courageous little girl.
- Lael: A Hebrew name, Lael means “belonging to God” or “of God.” It’s a lovely way to honor your faith in your daughter’s name.
Christian Baby Girl Names Starting With M
- Mary: A classic Christian name, often associated with the mother of Jesus, and it means “bitter” or “beloved.”
- Madeline: A variation of Magdalene, it means “tower” and is associated with Mary Magdalene.
- Miriam: A name from the Old Testament, Miriam was a prophetess and the sister of Moses, meaning “wished-for child.”
- Mercy: A Christian name that represents God’s compassion and forgiveness.
- Michaela: Meaning “who is like God,” Michaela emphasizes the divine qualities and attributes of God.
- Martha: A biblical name meaning “lady” or “mistress,” Martha is mentioned in the New Testament.
- Marnie: This Sea Hebrew name means “rejoice” or “exalted,” making it a beautiful and uplifting name for a baby girl.
- Myra: This name has Greek roots and means “sweet-smelling oil” or “myrrh,” which was used in the anointing of Jesus.
- Melinda: A variation of Malinda, this name means “gentle” or “sweet.”
- Marissa: Meaning “of the sea,” symbolizing a connection to the vastness of God’s love.
- Mirabelle: Signifying “wonderful,” it reflects the awe and wonder of God’s creation.
- Marigold: A name inspired by the vibrant and cheerful marigold flower, symbolizing God’s blessings.
- Millicent: Meaning “gentle strength,” this name embodies the grace and power of God.
- Maranatha: A biblical phrase meaning “come, Lord Jesus,” reflecting Christian hope and anticipation.
- Micaiah: A name from the Old Testament, meaning “who is like the Lord,” emphasizing God’s uniqueness and supremacy.
- Michal: This name means “who is like God” and was the name of one of King David’s wives in the Old Testament.
- Moriah: A biblical place name associated with sacrifice and devotion to God.
- Maren: This name means “of the sea,” symbolizing God’s vast and boundless love.
- Meshullemeth: A unique and powerful name meaning “peaceful” or “perfect.” It was the name of a queen in Judah.
Christian Baby Girl Names Starting With N
- Naomi: This name means “pleasantness” or “delightful.” It is a popular choice for its beautiful meaning and biblical origin.
- Natalie: Meaning “birth of the Lord,” Natalie is a name that evokes feelings of warmth and joy.
- Natalia: Derived from the Latin word “natalis,” meaning “birth” or “Christmas,” reflecting the birth of Jesus.
- Nicole: A name that means “victory of the people,” symbolizing the triumph of faith.
- Noelle: Signifying “Christmas” or “born on Christmas,” a name that celebrates the birth of Jesus.
- Nathalie: A variant of Natalie, also connected to the Christmas season.
- Norah: Meaning “light” or “honor,” Norah represents the light of Christ and the honor of following His teachings.
- Nyssa: Associated with the early Christian theologian Saint Gregory of Nyssa, it signifies devotion to the faith.
- Nadine: Meaning “hope” or “tender,” Nadine represents the hope and tenderness that faith brings.
- Nelle: A variant of Nell, signifying a bright and shining light.
- Novella: Derived from the word Latin “novellus,” meaning “new,” symbolizing the renewal of faith.
- Nola: A name of Irish origin, signifying “famous” and highlighting the fame of Christ.
- Nevaeh: “Nevaeh” is “heaven” spelled backward, signifying the Christian hope of eternal life in heaven.
- Nasya: It means “miracle” or “wonder,” representing the miraculous power of faith.
- Nydia: Meaning “nestled,” Nydia symbolizes finding a home in the love of God.
Christian Baby Girl Names Starting With P
- Phoebe: A name that means “bright” or “radiant,” symbolizing the light of Christ and faith.
- Pamela: Meaning “all sweetness” or “honeyed,” this name reflects the sweetness and grace of a Christian life.
- Petra: A name with biblical roots, meaning “rock” or “stone,” often associated with the solid foundation of faith in Christ.
- Paige: This name sounds beautiful and means “page” or “servant,” a reminder to serve others in humility and love.
- Priscilla: Meaning “ancient” or “venerable,” this name has a sense of wisdom and virtue attached to it.
- Penelope: A name that signifies “faithful” and “loyal,” reflecting the qualities valued in Christian life.
- Patricia: This name means “noble” or “of noble birth,” a reminder of the high calling and identity we have as children of God.
- Philippa: A name that means “lover of horses” or “fond of horses,” representing strength, beauty, and grace.
- Phyllis: Derived from the Greek word for “foliage” or “leafy,” this name has a connection to nature and the beauty of God’s creation.
Christian Baby Girl Names Starting With R
- Rachel: Meaning “ewe” in Hebrew, it carries connotations of gentleness and purity.
- Rebecca: Derived from Hebrew, it signifies “captivating” or “to bind.”
- Rose: Symbolizing beauty, love, and devotion, it is associated with the flower.
- Ruth: A biblical name meaning “companion” or “friend,” it represents loyalty and steadfastness.
- Rebekah: A variant of Rebecca, it carries the same meaning of “captivating” or “to bind.”
- Ruby: Representing a precious gemstone, it signifies beauty, passion, and vitality.
- Raquel: A variant of Rachel, it carries the same meaning of “ewe.”
- Rosalie: Combining the elements “rose” and “lily,” it suggests beauty and purity.
- Reina: This baby girl name has Spanish origins and means “queen” or “royal.” It is a strong and regal name for a little girl.
- Rayna: It means “pure” or “clean” and carries connotations of innocence and goodness.
Christian Baby Girl Names Starting With S
- Sarah: A name of Hebrew origin meaning “princess.” Sarah was Abraham’s wife and a prominent figure in the Bible.
- Sophia: Meaning “wisdom” in Greek, this name reflects the virtue of seeking God’s wisdom.
- Susanna: A name with Hebrew origins, meaning “lily.” Susanna is also a name mentioned in the New Testament.
- Seraphina: Derived from the word “seraphim,” which are angelic beings associated with God’s presence.
- Selah: A Hebrew word often used in the Psalms, it means “pause” or “meditate.” It encourages reflection on God’s Word.
- Simone: A name that means “heard by God,” reflecting the Christian belief in prayer and divine communication.
- Selina: Meaning “heavenly” or “moon,” this name symbolizes the divine realm.
- Shekinah: A Hebrew word signifying “the glory of God’s presence,” often used to describe God’s dwelling among His people.
- Sariyah: A name with Hebrew origins, meaning “princess of the Lord,” emphasizing God’s royalty.
- Shiloh: The name Shiloh comes with biblical roots and is often associated with peace and tranquility.
- Sapphira: Meaning “beautiful” or “sapphire,” this name reflects the precious and beautiful nature of faith.
- Selma: A name with origins in Germanic languages, meaning “protected by God.”
- Sabrina: A name with Celtic origins, meaning “from the border” or “from the river Severn.”
- Susannah: For a beautiful woman in Hebrew, this name, meaning “lily,” represents purity and grace.
- Sarai: Another biblical name, Sarai, means “my ruler” or “princess,” highlighting the power and sovereignty of God.
- Samara: A name with roots in both Hebrew and Arabic, meaning “protected by God” or “guarded.” It also has connections to the city of Samaria in the Bible.
Christian Baby Girl Names Starting With T
- Tamar: Tamar is a biblical name with multiple meanings. In Hebrew, it means “date palm,” while in Sanskrit, it means “darkness.” It can also be interpreted as a “palm tree” or “star.”
- Thurza: This unique name means “sweetness” in Hebrew and is often associated with the Cypress tree, which represents immortality and strength.
- Tabitha: This name means “gazelle” in Aramaic and is associated with kindness and beauty.
- Tirzah: Meaning “she is my delight,” Tirzah has a beautiful sound and a lovely meaning.
- Talitha: It means “little girl” or “little lamb” in Aramaic and is often associated with the story of Jesus raising a young girl from the dead.
- Tryphena: A Greek name meaning “delicate,” Tryphena has a gentle and elegant quality.
- Talia: Derived from the Hebrew word for “dew,” Talia symbolizes freshness and new beginnings.
- Tirza: This name means “favorable” or “pleasing” in Hebrew and has a charming quality to it.
- Tabatha: Another variation of Tabitha, this name has a similar meaning and carries with it traits of kindness and grace.
Christian Baby Girl Names Starting With Z
- Zoe: Derived from the Greek word for “life,” it symbolizes vitality and spiritual life.
- Zara: Meaning “princess” or “radiance,” it conveys a sense of royalty and beauty.
- Zahara: Originating from Arabic, it signifies “flower” or “blooming.”
- Zipporah: A biblical name meaning “bird” or “sparrow,” it represents freedom and grace.
- Zina: Of Greek origin, it means “shining” or “life of Zeus.”
- Zelie: Derived from the name Azelie, it roughly translates to “little zeal” or “ardent.”
The Bottom Line
In summary, there are countless Christian baby names for girls that carry strong meanings and connections to faith. From Biblical figures to virtues and characteristics, these names can serve as a beautiful reminder of God’s love and guidance in our lives. Whether you choose a traditional or modern name, may it be a source of inspiration and strength for your daughter. So, whether you’re looking for a name that symbolizes beauty, strength, or devotion, there is sure to be a Christian name for your baby girl that will fit perfectly!