In-vitro fertilization (IVF) has become a popular option for couples looking to start a family, and the cost of IVF treatment is an important consideration. In 2023, the average IVF treatment cost in India is around Rs. 1.3 to 3.2 lakhs, the cost of IVF can vary depending on a number of factors, including the location of the clinic, the type of treatment needed, and the individual circumstances of the patient. This blog post provides an overview of the average cost of IVF in India in 2023, as well as information on potential variations in cost and tips for managing the cost of IVF treatment.
In This Article
IVF Treatment Cost in India
Here is the IVF treatment cost in India in 2023 according to cities per IVF cycle.
|City Name||Average IVF Cost (in INR)|
Please note that the above costs are average estimates and may vary depending on factors such as location, clinic, and individual circumstances. It’s always advisable to check with the clinic for the exact cost. The cost of IVF treatment can vary significantly depending on the city you are in. It is important to research the cost of IVF in the city you plan to undergo treatment, in order to budget accordingly and make informed decisions about your treatment options.
IVF Procedure Cost in India
Here is updated IVF procedure cost in India 2023
|IVF Procedure Name||Cost Per Procedure|
|IUI (Artificial Insemination)||Rs. 15000 to Rs.20000|
|IVF Cycle||Rs. 70000 to Rs.95000|
|ICSI Treatment||Rs. 95000 to Rs.110000|
|Blastocyst Culture of Embryos||Rs. 20000 to Rs 25000|
|Embryo Freezing (Vitrification)||Rs. 35000 to Rs. 40000|
|Frozen Thaw Embryo Transfer (FET)||Rs. 45000 to Rs. 50000|
|Laser Assisted Hatching of Embryos||Rs. 18000 to Rs. 22000|
|PESA||Rs. 5000 to Rs. 6000|
|TESE||Rs. 20000 to Rs. 25000|
|Freezing of Semen sample / Donor Sperm Sample||Rs. 5000 to Rs. 6000|
|Donor Egg||Rs. 30000 to Rs. 40000|
|Donor Embryo||Rs. 40000 to Rs. 50000|
|Pre Implantation Genetic Screening Testing (PGS)||Rs. 45000 to Rs. 55000|
IVF procedure can include various costs, starting from consultation fee, Hormone stimulation, Egg retrieval, Embryo transfer and medications. The cost can vary depending on the location, clinic, and the type of treatment needed. It is important to research the cost of each procedure before making a decision about your treatment options.
It is relevant to note that the IVF cost in India is divided into two parts based on the type of treatment required for the different types of infertility issues. A basic IVF treatment and an advanced IVF treatment. When both couples have healthy eggs and sperms, the IVF Doctor refers to Basic IVF Treatment. When couples are having issues with their sperms or eggs, Advanced IVF Treatment is necessary.
Advanced IVF Treatments include ICSI, PGD/PGS, EmbryoScope, Cryopreservation, FET, TESE, Endometrial Coculture, and Assisted Embryo Hatching. Therefore, the IVF cost can be significantly higher around 3 lakhs.
What Factors Affect IVF treatment cost
Several factors can affect the cost of IVF in India, such as:
- Location: The cost of IVF can vary depending on the location of the clinic. Clinics in major cities or urban areas may have higher costs than those in rural areas.
- Clinic: The cost of treatment can also vary depending on the reputation and experience of the clinic. Some clinics may have higher costs due to their reputation or specialized services they offer.
- Type of IVF treatment: Different types of IVF treatment, such as ICSI, IVF with donor eggs or sperm, and IVF with surrogacy, can have different costs.
- Medications: Medications needed for the treatment may also affect the cost of treatment.
- Number of IVF cycles: Some clinics may charge per cycle, which can increase the overall cost of treatment if multiple cycles are needed.
- Age of woman: The chances of a woman under 35 conceiving successfully through IVF treatment are estimated to be 32%. Therefore, if she is over 35 years of age, she may need more IVF cycles in order to become pregnant. Thus, the cost of IVF treatment is directly affected by your age.