Yoga is an ancient Indian technique that has been practiced for centuries. Yoga consists of a series of poses that are designed to stretch your muscles, improve your flexibility, and relax your mind. Today, yoga can be used as a method for tension release in order to relieve stress or anxiety. Many people practice yoga because it helps them stay physically fit and healthy; however, others do so because it allows them to escape from their daily lives. If you suffer from frequent headaches or migraines, then practicing yoga might help reduce the pain caused by these ailments . Here are some best yoga asanas (poses) that will help you get rid of headache naturally.
Do you often suffer from Headaches and are tired of waking up to a headache every day?
Does Sinusitis cause facial pain regularly?
The busy modern-day lifestyles are all about unhealthy eating and not taking care of your body. Your lifestyle is the biggest reason for Sinusitis, but thanks to the old age tradition of Yoga, there is a solution to it.
Many Asanas are known to help and get rid of headaches and Sinusitis along with several other benefits, all of which will be discussed in this post.
The benefits that you will get from a regular practice of the Yoga Asanas in this post are –
- Help you reduce stress and anxiety
- Stretches the chest muscles area thereby giving flexibility in the air passage region
- Helps you get rid of Sinusitis
- Helps fight headaches and fatigue caused by daily activities of life
- Improve blood circulation
- Helps boost immunity
Without any further ado, let’s dig deep into the Asanas and get all the knowledge of each of them.
In This Article
1. Anulom Vilom Pranayama
Anulom Vilom Pranayama is one of the most famous and most practised Yoga Asana because of its numerous benefits attached. Majorly, it helps remove congestion of the nasal passage and improve the blood circulation to the brain.
Sinusitis and headaches are linked to your brain, and improved blood circulation to the brain will help you get rid of both of them at the same time.
The steps involved in practising this Anulom Vilom Pranayama are –
- Start by choosing a calm place with ample fresh air and positive vibes
- Sit on the Yoga mat comfortably with your back in the upright position
- Keep your left palm on your left leg
- Keep your right thumb on the right nostril and inhale using the other one
- Now, close your left nostril using the right ring finger and exhale through the right nostril
- Repeat this process at least a ten times and ideally for 15-30 mins
- While inhaling and exhaling, make sure to feel the positive vibes enter your body and the negative ones getting out of your body
2. Bhujangasana (Cobra pose)
This Asana is considered one of the best Asanas for the lungs. It also helps in improving the blood and oxygen circulation in the body, thereby allowing you to fight headaches and Sinusitis.
The steps involved in this Bhujangasana are –
- Spread your yoga mat and lie down on it with your stomach on the floor
- Make sure to keep your legs slightly apart but not too much
- Inhale in fresh air and lift your upper body to a particular angle up until the point you start feeling some pain in your back
- Keep your hands on the floor while getting up and remain in this position for as long as is comfortable
- Come back to the initial position and repeat this Asana a few times, ideally for 15-25 mins
3. Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
Ustrasana or the Camel Pose is another famous Asana which has several benefits. People practice Ustrasana daily to get rid of Sinusitis and improve digestion.
It also improves eyesight and helps prevent blockage in the nasal passage.
The steps involved to practice this Ustrasana are –
- Kneel on the Yoga mat while keeping some distance between your legs
- Slowly bend backwards as is seen in the pictures of the Asana
- Keep your hands on the lower side of your back
- Push your hips in the forward position and remain in the position for as long as is comfortable
- Return to the original position and repeat the Asana around 5-10 times
Kapalbhati is a Yoga Asana which is known for improving brain functions and blood circulation.
This is also widely known for weight loss benefits. Exhaling through your nose forcefully as in this Asana helps clear the respiratory tracts which directly helps in fighting Sinusitis.
The steps involved in this Kapalbhati Asana are –
- Choose a comfortable and peaceful place with the presence of fresh air
- Sit comfortably on your yoga mat with your back in the upright position
- Inhaling of fresh air should be slow and deep as you feel positive energy enter your body
- Exhale forcefully as you put pressure and energy on your stomach muscles
- Do it in rhythm with speed
- Do it for as long as you can do it comfortably and increase the time every day slowly
The main thing to keep in mind is that you must create a routine of all the Asanas mentioned in this post.
A routine with equal time for all Asanas will help you to reap in the maximum benefits. Yoga has helped innumerable people to treat body issues, and you can get rid of headaches and Sinusitis easily with the power of Yoga!