Naming a child is a cherished tradition, an art that combines cultural significance with personal sentiment. In India, parents have a wide range of choices to select from when it comes to baby names.
Indian names not only reflect a strong cultural heritage but also a unique mix of traditional and modern influences. However, names should be chosen with care as they will be part of the child’s identity.
With the rise of pan-Indianism, parents seek baby names that embody Indian culture while being distinct from the crowd. We’ve collected 301 modern Indian baby names – some classic, some trendy – to help you choose the perfect name for your little one.
In This Article
- Best Indian Baby Boy Names
- Best Baby Boy Names From A
- Best Baby Boy Names From B
- Best Baby Boy Names From C
- Best Baby Boy Names From D
- Best Baby Boy Names From G
- Best Baby Boy Names From H
- Best Baby Boy Names From I
- Best Baby Boy Names From K
- Best Baby Boy Names From L
- Best Baby Boy Names From M
- Best Baby Boy Names From N
- Best Baby Boy Names From P
- Best Baby Boy Names From R
- Best Baby Boy Names From S
- Best Baby Boy Names From T
- Best Baby Boy Names From V
- Best Baby Boy Names From Y
- Best Indian Baby Girl Names
- Best Baby Girl Names From A
- Best Baby Girl Names From B
- Best Baby Girl Names From C
- Best Baby Girl Names From D
- Best Baby Girl Names From G
- Best Baby Girl Names From H
- Best Baby Girl Names From I
- Best Baby Girl Names From K
- Best Baby Girl Names From M
- Best Baby Girl Names From N
- Best Baby Girl Names From P
- Best Baby Girl Names From R
- Best Baby Girl Names From S
- Best Baby Girl Names From T
- Best Baby Girl Names From V
- Best Baby Girl Names From Y
Best Indian Baby Boy Names
Indian baby boy names should reflect the strong identity of the child. In India, traditional names for boys are often derived from Sanskrit, Hindu mythology, and the holy epic Ramayana. These classic baby boy names have a timeless appeal to them:
Best Baby Boy Names From A
- Aarush: Aarush, a name widely cherished among Hindus, signifies brilliance, radiance, and the power of the sun.
- Aaryan: Aryan is a Sanskrit name meaning ‘noble’, which has been popularized by the famous Bollywood movie Aryan.
- Abhay: This classic Indian baby boy name stands for ‘fearless’ and is popular in South India.
- Aditya: The name Aditya is derived from the Sanskrit for ‘son of Sun’. A popular Hindu god, Aditya symbolizes power and strength.
- Agastya: This rare name has its origin in the ancient epic Ramayana and refers to a wise sage.
- Anant: This name means “eternal” or “infinite.” It signifies Lord Krishna timeless and boundless nature.
- Aarav: Aarav is an ancient Indian name meaning “peaceful.” It was popularized by Akshay Kumar’s son, Aarav.
- Aniket: Aniket comes from Sanskrit and means ‘lord of the whole world’ or ‘lord of all’.
- Arjun: Derived from the famous Mahabharata epic, Arjun is a powerful Indian baby boy name meaning ‘bright’.
- Atharv: This popular Hindu name means “immortal” and signifies eternal strength and power.
Best Baby Boy Names From B
- Bhavin: A popular Indian name, Bhavin signifies ‘one who is influential or charming’. It’s a name that denotes charisma and leadership.
- Brijesh: In Hindu mythology, Brijesh is another name for Lord Krishna. It represents someone who is divine or godly.
- Badri: Originating from Sanskrit, Badri is another name for Lord Vishnu and means ‘the one who is full of love’.
- Bhargav: Bhargav is a powerful name that signifies ‘descendant of Bhrigu’. Bhrigu was a renowned sage in Hindu mythology.
- Bhadhra: In Hindu calendar, Bhadhra is a month that marks the start of the harvest season. It’s also a name for Lord Shiva in some parts of India. It means ‘blessings’.
Best Baby Boy Names From C
- Chirag: Chirag is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘chirak’, meaning ‘lamp’. It stands for knowledge, light, and positivity.
- Chetan: This is one of the famous Indian baby names for boys and means ‘life’.
- Chinmay: Chinmay is a Sanskrit name that stands for ‘full of knowledge’.
- Chintan: This name for boys means ‘thoughtful’ and is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘chinta’.
- Charun: It means ‘kind’ or ‘benevolent’ and is a popular Indian baby boy name in the South.
Best Baby Boy Names From D
- Dhruv: This name means “constant” or “immovable,” symbolizing steadiness and dedication.
- Devansh: Derived from “deva” (god) and “ansh” (part), it signifies “a part of the divine” or “a fragment of God.”
- Dhruvin: Similar to Dhruv, it means “steadfast” or “unwavering.”
- Dhriti: This name means “courage” or “determination,” reflecting strength of character.
- Dhanush: Meaning “bow,” it can symbolize Lord Rama’s powerful bow or the sign of a warrior.
- Dipesh: Combining “dipa” (lamp) and “isha” (lord), it means “lord of light” or “light of God.”
- Daksh: Signifying “able” or “competent,” it represents skill and capability.
- Darshan: This name means “sight” or “vision,” often associated with gaining spiritual insight or a glimpse of the divine.
- Dhaval: Meaning “white” or “pure,” it conveys a sense of clarity and innocence.
- Devin: This name signifies “divine” or “godlike.” It is often used to describe someone with an otherworldly presence.
Best Baby Boy Names From G
- Gaurav: Meaning “pride” or “honor,” this name signifies a sense of respect and dignity.
- Ganesh: Referring to Lord Ganesha, the remover of obstacles, this name is associated with wisdom and auspicious beginnings.
- Gopal: Symbolizing “cowherd” or “protector of cows,” this name is often used to refer to Lord Krishna.
- Govind: Meaning “one who protects cows,” this name is another epithet of Lord Krishna.
- Gagan: Translating to “sky” or “heaven,” this name reflects vastness and expansiveness.
Best Baby Boy Names From H
- Harshit: This Indian baby name for boys means ‘joyful’.
- Hari: Pronounced “ha-ree,” this name is derived from the Sanskrit for ‘lord Vishnu’ or ‘Indian God’.
- Hrithik: This is one of the modern Indian boy names that has been popularized by Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan. It means ‘kind-hearted’.
- Harshil: Derived from “Har” (Lord Shiva) and “shil” (rock), it signifies “one who resides on the mountain,” referring to Shiva’s presence on Mount Kailash.
- Harshad: This is a rare Indian names for boys that means ‘one who brings joy’.
- Hemant: This classic Indian baby name is derived from the Sanskrit word “hem,” meaning gold or winter season.
- Hrutesh: This modern Indian baby boy’s name means ‘lord of the season’.
- Himanshu: The traditional Indian name Himanshu is derived from two Sanskrit words—him (snow) and anshu (ray).
- Harman: It means ‘lovable’ and is derived from the Sanskrit ‘harm’ meaning home.
- Hitesh: This modern Indian baby name means ‘lord of righteousness’.
Best Baby Boy Names From I
- Ishaan: Meaning “sunrise” or “the one who bestows wealth,” it’s often associated with Lord Shiva and signifies new beginnings.
- Ishwar: Derived from “ish” (god) and “war” (brave), it means “powerful” or “god-like.”
- Ikshan: Meaning “sight” or “perception,” it signifies the ability to see and understand clearly.
- Ishat: Meaning “superior” or “excellent,” it conveys a sense of greatness and distinction.
- Ishayu: Derived from “isha” (lord) and “ayu” (life), it means “lord of life” or “one who controls life.”
Best Baby Boy Names From K
- Kartik: Named after the Hindu God Kartik, the elder son of Lord Shiva, it symbolizes strength and courage. It means ‘brave’.
- Kabir: Popular in North India, this name is derived from the Arabic root for ‘greatness’ and signifies a big-hearted individual.
- Kunal: This Hindu baby boy’s name means ‘lotus’. It symbolizes pure spiritual beauty.
- Krish: A short form of the name Krishna, it means ‘black’. It is a popular baby boy name in India.
- Keshav: This Indian baby boy’s name means “lord of hair.” It is often used as a nickname for Lord Vishnu or Krishna.
- Karan: Karan symbolizes strength and courage and is derived from the Sanskrit origin meaning ‘fighter’.
- Kiyansh: A trendy name in India, Kiyansh signifies ‘a person having all qualities’, embodying versatility and talent.
- Kinshuk: A beautiful name from nature, Kinshuk means ‘a flower’, signifying beauty and purity.
- Krishav: It means ‘one who possesses all good qualities’, symbolizing perfection and virtue.
- Kanav: This modern Indian baby name means ‘visionary’, a leader who can see the future.
Best Baby Boy Names From L
- Lakshya: Meaning “aim” or “target,” it signifies a goal-oriented and focused approach to life.
- Lalit: Translating to “beautiful” or “charming,” it reflects elegance and grace.
- Lokesh: Derived from “loka” (world) and “isha” (lord), it means “lord of the world” or “ruler of the universe.”
- Lakshit: Translating to “distinguished” or “marked,” it signifies uniqueness and individuality.
- Lavish: Meaning “luxurious” or “sumptuous,” it reflects extravagance and opulence.
- Lohit: Translating to “red,” it is often used as a nickname for Lord Shiva, who is associated with the color.
- Luv: It means “love,” depicting the strong emotion that binds all relationships.
Best Baby Boy Names From M
- Manav: It means “human” and symbolizes being humane and kind-hearted.
- Manish: Manish is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘man’, meaning ‘mind’. It signifies someone who is wise and has immense knowledge.
- Mohit: The name Mohit means ‘attractive’ and symbolizes a person who is charming, likable, and pleasing to look at.
- Mukul: It means ‘bud’ or ‘blossom’, signifying a young boy who is full of potential.
- Marut: This classic name means “wind god” and symbolizes energy, strength, and agility.
- Mihir: Mihir is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘mihir’, meaning ‘sun’, signifying brightness and endurance.
- Mahesh: It means “great lord”, a name popular in South India, associated with Lord Shiva.
- Mayur: This name is derived from “peacock” and signifies beauty, grace, and joy.
- Moksh: Popular among Hindus, it means “liberation” or “salvation”, signifying a spiritual journey to achieve enlightenment.
- Manas: It signifies ‘mentality’, referring to a person’s wisdom and intellect.
- Mukund: Derived from the Sanskrit origin, Mukund means ‘liberator’ or ‘saviour’.
Best Baby Boy Names From N
- Nikhil: Meaning “complete” or “whole,” it signifies all-encompassing qualities.
- Naveen: Translating to “new” or “fresh,” it symbolizes new beginnings.
- Nishant: This name means “dawn” or “end of night,” signifying the arrival of a new day.
- Neeraj: Meaning “lotus” or “born from water,” it conveys purity and beauty.
- Naman: Translating to “salutation” or “bowing down in respect,” it reflects reverence.
- Nandish: This name means “lord of Nanda,” referring to Lord Shiva as the lord of joy and contentment.
- Nithin: Derived from “nithya” (eternal), it signifies something perpetual or everlasting.
- Nirav: Meaning “quiet” or “calm,” it represents tranquility.
- Naresh: Translating to “lord of man,” it signifies a leader and ruler.
- Nilesh: This name means “king of the earth” or “ruler of the world.” It symbolizes courage and power.
Best Baby Boy Names From P
- Pranab: A spiritual name, Pranab refers to the ‘Sound of Om’, signifying divinity and peace.
- Prabhav: Prabhav means ‘Creation’ and is also another name for ‘Lord Vishnu’.
- Paras: It signifies a ‘precious stone’, symbolizing value and rarity.
- Paarth: It is another name for Arjuna, a key character in the epic Mahabharata. It means ‘king’.
- Pranay: This Indian baby name means ‘love’ and is derived from the Sanskrit language.
- Priyank: It means ‘dear one’ and is often used as a nickname for Lord Krishna.
- Prahlad: This popular name means ‘devoted to God’ and signifies religious faith.
- Param: A unique name, Param refers to ‘the highest order’, signifying excellence and achievement.
- Pratik: It symbolizes the energy of the sun and is derived from the Sanskrit for ‘sign or symbol’.
- Prithvi: This baby boy’s name means ‘earth’. It reflects a strong connection to nature.
Best Baby Boy Names From R
- Rishabh: Meaning “morning sun” or “bull,” Rishabh signifies strength, power, and an auspicious beginning.
- Rohan: Derived from Sanskrit, Rohan means “ascending” or “growing.” It also refers to the first rays of the sun.
- Rajat: This name means “silver” in Sanskrit, symbolizing purity, brilliance, and a precious nature.
- Raghav: Raghav is another name for Lord Rama, one of the incarnations of Lord Vishnu. It means “descendant of Raghu” and denotes nobility.
- Ranveer: Meaning “hero of the battle” or “brave and courageous like the warrior,” Ranveer embodies strength and valor.
- Rishi: Rishi translates to “sage” or “wise one” in Sanskrit. It signifies a person with deep knowledge, spirituality, and wisdom.
- Rudra: Rudra is a name for Lord Shiva, the powerful and benevolent deity. It means “howler” or “roarer,” representing Shiva’s ferocious aspect.
- Rohit: Derived from the Sanskrit word “rohita,” it means “red” or “sun.” It symbolizes nobility and excellence.
- Rajeev: This popular name translates to “blue lotus” and signifies a person with great potential.
- Rithvik: Meaning ‘lord of truth’, Rithvik signifies a person of integrity and righteousness.
- Ravi: Ravi stands for “sun” in Sanskrit, symbolizing brightness, illumination, and positivity.
- Rishik: This name is derived from the Sanskrit rishi-ka, meaning ‘of a sage’. It signifies knowledge and wisdom.
Best Baby Boy Names From S
- Shivansh: Shivansh means ‘a part of Lord Shiva’. It symbolizes strength and power.
- Sahil: It means ‘guide’ or ‘seashore’ in Hindi. This name is popular among North Indian families.
- Sanket: This means ‘goal’ in Sanskrit and is often chosen to signify ambition and determination.
- Shashank: It means ‘moon’, symbolizing peace and tranquility.
- Sahastra: Popular among Hindu families, it stands for ‘thousand-fold’ or ‘tremendous power’.
- Shreyas: This is a traditional Hindu name meaning ‘one who brings blessings’.
- Sahil: This name means “guide” or “seashore.” It conveys the idea of helping others on their journey.
- Suhas: Derived from the Sanskrit word “suha,” which means “smile,” Suhas is a popular Hindu name given to boys.
- Shlok: This name has its origin in the ancient Hindu scriptures and means ‘hymn’.
- Shivom: It stands for ‘auspicious’ or ‘blessed’, symbolizing hope, harmony, and joy.
Best Baby Boy Names From T
- Tanish: Tanish means “ambition” or “desire.” It represents someone with aspirations and goals.
- Tushar: Tushar translates to “frost” or “cold.” It symbolizes coolness and calmness.
- Tejas: Tejas means “radiance” or “brilliance.” It signifies a bright and shining personality.
- Tarun: Tarun signifies “young” or “youthful.” It denotes freshness and vitality.
- Trilok: Trilok stands for “three worlds” in Hindu mythology (heaven, earth, and underworld). It represents universality and cosmic significance.
- Tanay: Tanay means “son” in Sanskrit. It is a simple and elegant name.
- Taran: Taran translates to “savior” or “liberator.” It signifies someone who guides and helps others.
- Tirth: Tirth refers to a “sacred place” or a “place of pilgrimage.” It symbolizes spirituality and holiness.
- Tanuj: Tanuj means “born of the body” or “son.” It is a traditional name with a straightforward meaning.
- Tanmay: It means “engrossed” or “absorbed.” It symbolizes focus, dedication, and commitment.
Best Baby Boy Names From V
- Vivaan: Meaning “full of life” or “energetic,” Vivaan signifies a lively and spirited individual.
- Vikram: Vikram translates to “valor” or “courage.” It symbolizes bravery and strength.
- Veer: Veer means “brave” or “heroic.” It represents someone who exhibits great courage and fearlessness.
- Vihaan: It means “dawn” or “morning.” It signifies the beginning of a new day and new opportunities.
- Vedant: Vedant refers to the “end of the Vedas” or “ultimate knowledge.” It represents spiritual wisdom and understanding.
- Vishal: It means “grand” or “magnificent.” It signifies something vast and impressive.
- Vivek: It translates to “wisdom” or “discernment.” It symbolizes the ability to differentiate between right and wrong.
- Varun: Varun is associated with the god of the oceans and rain, symbolizing cosmic and natural forces.
- Vijay: It translates to “victory” or “triumph.” It symbolizes success and achievement.
- Vikrant: It means “bold” or “fearless.” It signifies an individual who is brave and courageous.
Best Baby Boy Names From Y
- Yash: Yash means “fame” or “glory.” It signifies someone who achieves great recognition and honor.
- Yuvan: Yuvan translates to “youth” or “young.” It symbolizes youthfulness and vitality.
- Yatharth: Yatharth means “reality” or “truth.” It represents someone who values honesty and authenticity.
- Yajat: Yajat means “sacrifice” or “worshipper.” It signifies devotion and spirituality.
- Yagna: Yagna refers to a “sacrificial ritual” in Hinduism. It symbolizes offering and devotion.
- Yuvraj: Yuvraj translates to “prince” or “crown prince.” It signifies someone who is next in line for the throne.
- Yogesh: Yogesh means “lord of yoga” or “master of meditation.” It represents someone who is spiritually inclined.
- Yuvak: Yuvak means “young man” or “youth.” It signifies the transition from adolescence to adulthood.
- Yug: Yug translates to “era” or “age.” It symbolizes a period of time or an epoch.
- Yuvanesh: This name means “king of young.” It signifies someone who is youthful and energetic.
Best Indian Baby Girl Names
Indian girls have names that range from the traditional to the modern. Baby girl names often reflect goddesses, beauty, and strength. Here are some of the most popular Indian baby girl names:
Best Baby Girl Names From A
- Aalia: This elegant name translates to ‘exalted’ or ‘highest social standing’.
- Aadya: This unique and popular name means ‘first power’ or ‘beginning of the universe’.
- Aanya: Derived from Sanskrit, this name means ‘gracious’ or ‘favor’ and is one of the most popular Indian baby girl names.
- Anjali: This Indian girl name translates to ‘offering with both hands’. It is common in Hindu families all over India.
- Anaya: This name has its origin in the Sanskrit language and means ‘grace’ or ‘protected by God’.
- Aaroshi: This modern Indian baby girl name is derived from the Sanskrit for ‘first ray of sunrise’.
- Aditi: Derived from Sanskrit, this name for girls has multiple meanings, from ‘bright’ to ‘unbounded’.
- Aahana: This Indian girl’s name is derived from the Sanskrit word for ‘dawn’. It signifies new beginnings and auspiciousness.
- Ananya: This beautiful name means “unique” and signifies the special nature of your little one.
- Amaya: This name means ‘night rain’ or ‘to be strong’. It is also a variation of a Japanese name, meaning “the mountain.”
- Avisha: Avisha is a variation of the Sanskrit name Avesha, which means ‘lord-like’ or ‘kindness’.
Best Baby Girl Names From B
- Bhavya: Meaning “auspicious” or “majestic,” it showcases the divine and majestic qualities associated with Lord Shiva.
- Bhumi: This Sanskrit word means “earth” and symbolizes the strong women of India who are rooted in their culture.
- Bhuvana: The name Bhuvana signifies ‘the world’ and is often used to express respect for nature.
- Bhavana: This name has its origin in Sanskrit and means “emotion” or “feeling”.
- Bhargavi: This name is derived from the goddess Parvati and means ‘the one with great radiance’.
Best Baby Girl Names From C
- Chaitali: It refers to the month of Chaitra in the Hindu calendar. It symbolizes the coming of spring.
- Chhaya: Chhaya means “shadow” or “reflection.” It represents a subtle and ephemeral presence.
- Charul: This name means “beautiful” or “graceful.” It signifies elegance and charm.
- Chitra: Chitra means “picture” or “painting.” It symbolizes creativity and artistic expression.
- Chavi: Chavi means “radiance” or “light.” It represents someone who brings brightness and positivity.
- Charvi: Charvi means “beautiful” or “lovely.” It signifies physical and inner beauty.
- Chetana: This name means “consciousness” or “awareness.” It symbolizes intellectual and spiritual depth.
- Chandini: Chandini translates to “moonlight.” It signifies gentle and serene qualities.
- Chhavi: It means “reflection” or “image.” It represents the external appearance and inner essence.
- Charu: Charu means “lovely” or “beautiful.” It is a popular name that symbolizes grace and elegance.
Best Baby Girl Names From D
- Divya: Meaning ‘divine’ or ‘heavenly’, this popular Indian name has its origin in Hindu mythology.
- Dhriti: This is one of the beautiful Indian girl names that means “courage” and is of Sanskrit origin.
- Daya: Derived from Sanskrit, Daya means ‘kindness’ and can also be used as a nickname for names like Goddess Durga.
- Dhwani: This Indian girl name means “voice” and signifies the power of sound.
- Diya: It means ‘light’ and has been popularized by numerous Bollywood movies.
- Daksha: This traditional name means “earthly” or “capable” and is associated with the daughter of Lord Brahma in Hindu mythology.
- Devyani: Meaning “daughter of a god,” this beautiful Indian name is derived from Sanskrit.
- Disha: This Indian girl name is derived from the word “direction” and signifies path, guidance, and direction.
- Dhara: This name is derived from the Hindu god Varuna and means ‘the one who upholds’.
- Diksha: This name means ‘initiation’. It also stands for dedication and surrender to God.
Best Baby Girl Names From G
- Gayatri: It is derived from Sanskrit and means a chant that has the power to protect.
- Gauri: Derived from Sanskrit, Gauri is a popular Indian girl name meaning “fair-skinned” or “brilliant”.
- Gunjan: Meaning “melody”, this Indian girl’s name is perfect for your little music enthusiast.
- Garima: This name means ‘warmth’ and signifies the warmth of a loving mother’s embrace.
- Gauravi: Gauravi means “pride” or “dignity.” It’s a name that symbolizes honor and respect.
Best Baby Girl Names From H
- Harshita: It means “joyful” and is derived from the Sanskrit word “harshini.”
- Hemali: This name means ‘golden’ and signifies its shiny color when it appears in nature.
- Hiral: This Indian name means “golden” and is associated with Goddess Parvati.
- Himani: It’s a beautiful Sanskrit name meaning ‘frost-like snow’, indicative of purity and strength.
- Hridya: It’s an Indian name meaning ‘heart’. It conveys the feeling of love and compassion.
Best Baby Girl Names From I
- Ishita: Meaning “desired” or “sought after,” Ishita reflects the idea of something that is longed for or cherished.
- Inaya: Inaya means “concern” or “care” and symbolizes divine help and protection. It can also be interpreted as “gift of God.”
- Ira: Ira signifies “earth” or “goddess of the earth.” It’s a name with strong ties to nature and the elements.
- Ishani: Derived from the word “Ishana,” which means “goddess” or “queen,” Ishani represents feminine power and strength.
- Indira: Meaning “beauty” or “splendid,” Indira is also a name for the goddess Lakshmi, who represents wealth and prosperity.
- Ilina: Ilina stands for “one who belongs to the earth” or “earthly.” It reflects a sense of rootedness and connection to the world.
- Ishwari: Derived from the word “Ishvara,” meaning “goddess” or “divine,” Ishwari is a name that honors the divine feminine.
- Iyla: Iyla signifies “moonlight” or “moon glow.” It’s a name that evokes a sense of softness and radiance.
- Inika: Inika means “small earth” or “little earth.” It’s a name that holds an endearing and humble quality.
- Ishika: Ishika translates to “arrow” or “dart.” The name symbolizes focus, direction, and determination.
Best Baby Girl Names From K
- Kavish: This Indian name means ‘poet’ and is derived from Sanskrit.
- Kairavi: This name has its origin in Hindu mythology and stands for ‘moonlight’.
- Kirti: Derived from Sanskrit, this beautiful Indian girl name means fame or glory.
- Kanchan: This name is derived from Sanskrit and means ‘golden’.
- Khushi: Meaning ‘happiness’, this short and sweet Indian girl name has been popularized by numerous Bollywood movies.
- Krisha: Meaning ‘lord Krishna’, this name has its origin in Hindu mythology.
- Komal: This name means ‘soft’ or ‘tender’ and is of Indian origin.
- Kashish: Meaning ‘attraction’, this name has its origin in Sanskrit.
- Kajal: This beautiful name means ‘eyeliner’ and is of Indian origin.
- Kaushiki: This popular Indian name means ‘goddess of music’. It has its origin in Hindu mythology and is associated with Goddess Saraswati.
Best Baby Girl Names From M
- Mihika: This traditional Indian girl name means ‘mist’ and is derived from Sanskrit.
- Maanya: This popular Indian name signifies ‘honourable’ and is of Sanskrit origin.
- Mrinalini: Meaning “of the lotus”, this beautiful Indian name is associated with Goddess Saraswati in Hindu mythology.
- Mahika: This unique Indian name means “earth” and is derived from Sanskrit.
- Manvi: One of the most popular Indian names, it means “daughter of man” and is derived from Sanskrit.
- Moksha: This traditional name signifies spiritual liberation and freedom from rebirths in Hinduism.
- Meenal: This is a traditional name for girls and means ‘precious gem’ or ‘jewel’.
- Maitri: A popular Indian name, it stands for friendship, kindness, and love in Sanskrit language
- Mahi: This is one of the most beautiful Indian girl names that means “the great earth”.
- Manasvi: This popular Indian name means “wise” and is derived from Sanskrit.
- Maya: This is an ancient Sanskrit name that means “illusion” or “enchantment”.
- Meghana: This beautiful Indian girl name signifies “rain clouds” and is of Sanskrit origin.
- Minakshi: This name is often associated with Goddess Parvati and means ‘one with beautiful eyes’.
- Meera: The name Meera has its origin in the Hindu mythology and signifies devotee of Lord Krishna.
- Manasi: This is one of the popular Indian girl names and means “a woman with good thoughts”.
Best Baby Girl Names From N
- Naina: This name means “beautiful eyes” and is often associated with Lord Krishna.
- Nandini: This powerful name signifies joy and is associated with Lord Shiva’s daughter.
- Neha: A popular name in India, Neha means “love” and symbolizes the strong bond between a mother and her child.
- Niyati: In Hindi, Niyati stands for destiny or fate. It is a strong name with deep spiritual meaning.
- Nisha: This name means “night”, and is symbolic of beauty, grace, and freedom.
- Nirali: This unique name has its origin in Sanskrit and stands for ‘unique’ or ‘special’.
- Navya: This simple yet powerful Hindu baby girl name stands for ‘new’ or ‘young’.
- Nikita: This Sanskrit name stands for “unconquered” and is associated with power and strength.
- Nitya: It means “eternal” or “everlasting”. The name symbolizes timelessness and stability.
Best Baby Girl Names From P
- Pari: This name has its origin in Persian and comes from the word for ‘fairy’. It is also a popular name in Indian mythology, which signifies ‘beautiful’.
- Prisha: Prisha means ‘beloved’ or ‘darling’.
- Purnima: This traditional Hindu name means ‘full moon’ and symbolizes the beauty of a full moon night.
- Priyanka: Derived from Sanskrit, Priyanka stands for ‘beloved’ or ‘dear one’.
- Parineeta: The name Parineeta comes from Sanskrit and means ‘married’. It signifies a woman who is bound in matrimony.
- Priya: This timeless name has its origin in Sanskrit and stands for ‘beloved’ or ‘dear one’.
- Puja: The name Puja means “worship” and signifies prayer and respect.
- Prerna: This name is derived from Sanskrit and means ‘inspiration’. It symbolizes motivation, encouragement, and wisdom.
- Pratima: Pratima has its origin in Sanskrit and refers to a ‘sacred image’ or a ‘holy picture’.
- Payal: The name Payal is derived from the Sanskrit word for ‘anklet’. It symbolizes grace and beauty.
Best Baby Girl Names From R
- Rajvi: This Hindu name means ‘a princess’ and symbolizes royal beauty and grace.
- Radhika: Popularized by the characters from Mahabharata, Radhika stands for “the beloved of Lord Krishna”.
- Ranjana: Derived from Sanskrit, the name Ranjana is popular among Hindus and means ‘entertaining’.
- Rekha: This Hindu name has its origin in Sanskrit and stands for ‘line’ or ‘border’.
- Rashi: Popularized by the Hindu star system, Rashi symbolizes an individual’s zodiac sign.
- Raavi: Raavi has its origin in Sanskrit and stands for ‘sunbeam’ or ‘ray of light’.
- Rohini: This Hindu name is derived from the Sanskrit word for ‘red’. It symbolizes passion, love, and courage.
- Riya: The name Riya has its origin in Sanskrit and means ‘singer’. It symbolizes a person’s creative and artistic side.
- Riva: This ancient Sanskrit name means ‘flow’, which symbolizes a person’s growth and development.
- Ravya: The name Ravya means ‘beloved’ and is popular among Hindus. It symbolizes strength, courage, and loyalty.
Best Baby Girl Names From S
- Saanvi: Saanvi is a modern name with its origin in Sanskrit and stands for ‘Goddess Lakshmi’. It reflects blessings from the goddess of wealth and prosperity.
- Sakshi: It means ‘witness’ and is popular among Hindus. It symbolizes truth, justice, and moral courage.
- Samaira: This Hindu name has its origin in Sanskrit and means ‘enchanting’ or ‘graceful’.
- Sanjana: This name means ‘peaceful’ and symbolizes serenity, tranquility, and calmness.
- Shreya: Derived from Sanskrit, the name Shreya has its origin in Hindu mythology. It stands for ‘prosperous’ or ‘fortunate’.
- Surabhi: This name has its origin in Sanskrit and means ‘fragrance’. It signifies beauty, grace, and charm.
- Shruti: This name has its origin in Sanskrit and means ‘consonant’ or ‘heard’. It symbolizes understanding and wisdom.
- Shreyashi: This modern name stands for “honourable” or “gifted”. It symbolizes talent and intelligence.
- Saumya: This ancient Sanskrit name has its origin in Hindu mythology and means ‘gentle’ or ‘kind’.
- Sachi: Popularized by the Mahabharata epic, this name stands for “beloved” or “graceful”. It symbolizes love and kindness.
Best Baby Girl Names From T
- Tejal: This Hindu name has its origin in Sanskrit and means ‘lustrous’ or ‘bright’.
- Tanvi: The name Tanvi comes from Hindu mythology and stands for ‘slender and graceful’.
- Tamanna: Popularized by the Bollywood movie, Tamanna symbolizes one’s desires or wishes.
- Tara: This ancient Hindu name has its origin in Sanskrit and stands for ‘star’.
- Tanya: This popular Indian baby girl name is derived from Sanskrit and means ‘fairy princess’.
- Trisha: Trisha comes from the Sanskrit word for ‘desire’ or ‘wish’. It symbolizes ambition, courage, and strength.
- Twinkle: This charming name is derived from English and means ‘sparkle’ or ‘twinkling of an eye’.
- Tanisha: Tanisha is derived from Sanskrit and means ‘ambition’. It symbolizes one’s drive to achieve their goals.
- Teeya: The name Teeya has its origin in Telugu and stands for ‘king of the stars’ or ‘lord of the universe’.
- Tanaya: This name means ‘daughter’ in Sanskrit and is a popular pick for Indian parents.
Best Baby Girl Names From V
- Vidya: Derived from the Sanskrit word for “knowledge” or “learning,” Vidya is a name that represents wisdom and education.
- Varsha: This name translates to “rain” in Sanskrit. It symbolizes the life-giving and nourishing qualities of rain.
- Vanya: Meaning “wild” or “gracious gift of God,” Vanya captures a sense of freedom and divine blessing.
- Vaani: This is a beautiful Indian baby girl name meaning “voice” or “speech”.
- Veda: Meaning ‘sacred knowledge’, this charming name has its origin in the four holy books of Hindu mythology, the Vedas.
Best Baby Girl Names From Y
- Yashika: This Indian name meaning ‘successful’ is derived from Sanskrit.
- Yamini: Meaning “night” or “darkness,” it symbolizes the mystery of nightfall and femininity.
- Yashvi: A popular name among Hindus, Yashvi means “victory” and is associated with Goddess Lakshmi.
- Yogita: This unique name means “one who is focused” and signifies concentration and meditation.
- Yuvika: The name “Yuvika” means “young maiden” or “youthful.” It symbolizes the idea of maintaining youthful energy and spirit throughout a long life.
The Bottom Line
To wrap it up, this collection of 301 cool Indian baby names for girls and boys gives parents a wide range of awesome and one-of-a-kind options. This list offers a wide range of name choices, from traditional ones with historical significance to innovative creations reflecting modern times, catering to diverse tastes and inspirations. In the end, these names have the power to shape a child’s identity and link them to their heritage and dreams in a fast-changing world.