Parents worldwide want to give their daughters a unique and meaningful name that reflects their personality, culture, or background.
Hinduism, a faith deeply rooted in ancient traditions, has given us a wealth of names that hold stories, virtues, and dreams. A name is more than just a label; it carries with it profound meanings and can shape a child’s identity.
Hindu baby names are steeped in tradition, with many ancient scriptures offering guidance on naming your baby girl. To provide parents who are looking for a Hindu name for their baby, we have compiled a list of 180+ beautiful Hindu baby girl names with their meanings. Read on to find out more!
In This Article
- Best Hindu Baby Girl Names With Meanings
- Best Hindu baby girl names from A
- Best Hindu baby girl names from B
- Best Hindu baby girl names from C
- Best Hindu baby girl names from D
- Best Hindu baby girl names from G
- Best Hindu baby girl names from I
- Best Hindu baby girl names from K
- Best Hindu baby girl names from L
- Best Hindu baby girl names from M
- Best Hindu baby girl names from N
- Best Hindu baby girl names from P
- Best Hindu baby girl names from R
- Best Hindu baby girl names from S
- Best Hindu baby girl names from T
- Best Hindu baby girl names from V
Best Hindu Baby Girl Names With Meanings
Though Indian baby girl names are imbued with great meaning, selecting a name for your daughter can be overwhelming. Hindu girl names are often chosen for their spiritual meanings and their connection to the divine. To guide parents in their search, here is a list of beautiful Hindu names for baby girls and their meanings:
Best Hindu baby girl names from A
- Aadya: Another name for Goddess Durga, Aadya means ‘the first or primeval’.
- Abha: This name signifies ‘glow or luster’, representing radiance and beauty.
- Aditi: Aditi is the name of the mother of gods in Hindu mythology, signifying ‘limitless’.
- Ahana: This baby name means ‘dawn’, symbolizing new beginnings and hope.
- Aishwarya: This name is derived from the goddess Lakshmi which signifies ‘wealth or prosperity’, representing abundance.
- Akshara: Akshara means ‘letter or syllable’, symbolizing knowledge and learning.
- Amaya: Amaya signifies ‘the end’, representing completion and fulfillment.
- Anaya: Anaya means ‘compassionate’, representing kindness and empathy.
- Anika: Anika is another name for Goddess Durga, meaning ‘grace’.
- Anjali: While not directly related to Lord Hanuman, Anjali means “offering with folded hands.”
- Ankita: Ankita means ‘marked’, symbolizing distinction and uniqueness.
- Anushka: Anushka signifies a ‘ray of light’, representing hope and brightness.
- Aradhana: Aradhana means ‘worship’, symbolizing faith and devotion.
- Archana: Archana signifies ‘worshipping’, representing devotion and respect.
- Arpita: Arpita means ‘dedicated’, symbolizing commitment and devotion.
- Aruna: Aruna signifies ‘reddish brown’, representing warmth and vibrancy.
- Asha: Asha means ‘hope’, symbolizing optimism and positivity.
- Ashima: Ashima signifies ‘limitless’, representing freedom and infinity.
- Asmita: Asmita means ‘pride’, symbolizing self-respect and dignity.
- Avani: Avani is another name for Earth, symbolizing nature and fertility.
- Ayana: Ayana signifies ‘eternal blossom’, representing beauty and eternity.
- Ayesha: Ayesha means ‘living’, symbolizing vitality and life.
- Aarini: Aarini means ‘adventurous’, symbolizing bravery and courage.
- Aastha: Aastha signifies ‘faith’, representing belief and trust.
- Ananya: Ananya means ‘incomparable’, symbolizing uniqueness and individuality.
- Aaradhya: This name is derived from the goddess Parvati, meaning ” worshippable”.
Best Hindu baby girl names from B
- Bhavika: Meaning “emotional” or “ecstatic,” Bhavika reflects a joyful and expressive nature.
- Bhavya: This name means “splendid,” “gracious,” or “lovely,” embodying qualities of beauty and elegance.
- Bhoomika: Signifying “earthly” or “foundation,” Bhoomika represents a grounded and essential presence.
- Bhuvana: Meaning “world” or “universe,” Bhuvana conveys a sense of vastness and interconnectedness.
- Binita: This name translates to “modest” or “humble,” reflecting a person with a down-to-earth and respectful demeanor.
- Banita: Derived from “Vanita,” which means “woman,” Banita signifies a strong and empowered feminine identity.
- Bhadra: Meaning “auspicious” or “fortunate,” Bhadra represents positive and auspicious qualities. This name is also derived from Lord Shiva.
- Bhagya: Signifying “destiny” or “fortune,” Bhagya reflects the concept of fate and luck.
- Bhavana: This name means “feelings” or “emotions,” encapsulating a person’s deep sensitivity and empathy.
Best Hindu baby girl names from C
- Charu: Derived from the Sanskrit word “Charu,” meaning “beautiful” or “lovely,” this name is perfect for a gorgeous and kind child.
- Chaitali: Meaning “born in the season of Chaitra”, this name conveys the sentiment of eternal renewal and rebirth.
- Chandani: This name is derived from the Hindi word “Chand”, meaning “moonlit night”. It conveys a sense of mystery and beauty.
- Chitra: Derived from the Sanskrit origin “chitram,” meaning “picture,” this name reflects an individual’s creativity.
- Charvi: Meaning “beautiful” or “graceful”, this name reflects the qualities of a graceful and poised woman.
- Chhaya: This name signifies “shadow,” symbolizing hidden depths and unseen potential.
- Chaarvi: Derived from the Sanskrit word “Charu,” meaning “beautiful” or “lovely,” this name is perfect for a gorgeous and kind child.
- Chaitra: This name signifies “intelligence”, representing wisdom and knowledge.
- Chitra: This is one of the best Indian baby girl names, meaning “picture” and reflecting the individual’s creativity.
- Chavi: In Indian mythology, this name signifies “ray of light”, representing hope and brightness.
Best Hindu baby girl names from D
- Damini: Meaning “lightning,” this name symbolizes power, energy, and strength.
- Daniya: This name means “close to God” or “nearer to heaven,” signifying a spiritual connection with the divine.
- Devanshi: A combination of two words – “deva” meaning god and “anshi” meaning divine – Devanshi symbolizes a person of great holiness and divinity.
- Deepti: Meaning “flame,” Deepti encapsulates a passionate and blazing spirit.
- Diya: This name signifies “light,” embodying qualities of brightness, clarity, and luminosity.
- Darshini: Meaning “sight,” Darshini is a perfect choice for parents looking to give their daughters a beautiful name with deep spiritual meaning.
- Durga: This powerful name translates to “unstoppable” or “invincible,” signifying strength and courage. It is also the name of the Hindu goddess Parvati.
- Deva: This name signifies “god” or “divine,” embodying qualities of holiness and spirituality.
- Dhriti: Meaning “courage,” Dhriti reflects a strong and determined spirit. It is also an epithet of Goddess Durga.
- Dhara: Translating to “the earth,” Dhara encapsulates qualities of strength, stability, and resilience.
- Diti: Meaning “fearless,” Diti reflects a bold and courageous spirit. It is also an epithet of Goddess Parvati.
- Daya: Daya means “mercy” or “compassion,” symbolizing empathy and understanding.
- Divya: This name translates to “divine” or “heavenly,” signifying a person of great holiness and spiritual power.
- Devika: Meaning “little goddess,” this name is a beautiful choice for parents looking to give their daughter a meaningful Hindu name.
- Drishti: This name signifies “vision,” embodying qualities of insight, clarity, and wisdom.
- Dakshina: This beautiful name means “skillful” or “adept,” reflecting tremendous talent and creativity.
- Durva: Meaning “immortal,” Durva reflects a person of great strength and resilience. It is also an epithet of Goddess Parvati.
- Dhvani: This baby girl name translates to “sound” or “echo,” signifying qualities of creativity and vibrancy.
- Divija: Translating to “heavenly” or “divine,” Divija symbolizes a person of great holiness and spiritual power.
- Danuja: This baby girl name means “daughter of the heavenly river,” signifying qualities of strength, courage, and resilience. It is also an epithet of Goddess Parvati.
Best Hindu baby girl names from G
- Geetika: Meaning “song of the earth,” Geetika embodies a passionate and creative spirit.
- Gauri: Derived from Lord Shiva Wife, this baby’s name means “fair” or “radiant.”
- Gita: This name translates to “song of God,” signifying a spiritual pursuit and devotion.
- Gunjan: Meaning “murmuring of bees,” Gunjan reflects a peaceful and gentle presence.
- Garima: Signifying “warmth” or “dignity,” Garima is a great choice for parents who wish to give their daughters a meaningful name.
- Geeta: This name means “scripture” or “song of God,” representing knowledge and devotion.
- Gomati: Gomati signifies the sacred river Ganga, embodying purity and holiness.
- Gimha: This baby name means “golden” or “attractive,” embodying qualities of strength and beauty.
- Ganika: This name is derived from “Ganesha” and means “belonging to Lord Ganesh,” reflecting a connection to his qualities of wisdom and auspiciousness.
- Ganga: In Hindu culture, this name is derived from the sacred river and reflects purity and holiness.
- Grishma: Meaning “summer season,” Grishma is a great choice for parents who wish to give their daughter a name embodying the warmth of the sun.
Best Hindu baby girl names from I
- Ira: Meaning “earth,” this name evokes a strong connection to nature and the earth.
- Ishani: This name is derived from Goddess Lakshmi, meaning “powerful” or “mighty.”
- Isha: Meaning “goddess,” this would be a great choice for an aspiring daughter to feel connected with the divine feminine.
- Indira: This is the name of the former female prime minister of India, Indira Gandhi, meaning “splendid.”
- Ishita: Meaning “power,” this name signifies strength and resilience.
- Ishaanvi: This name signifies the divine power of Lord Shiva, meaning “the grace of Lord Shiva.”
- Indu: Meaning “moon,” this is one of the many names for Goddess Durga, signifying fertility and abundance.
- Ishu: Signifying “desire” or “affection,” Ishu reflects a person’s deeply felt emotions and feelings.
- Ishika: Meaning “gift,” this name signifies a special presence and blessing in one’s life.
- Ishita: In Indian culture, Ishita means “supreme,” symbolizing greatness and success.
Best Hindu baby girl names from K
- Kairavi: This name means “moonlight,” embodying the luminescence of a glowing moon.
- Kalpana: Meaning “imagination” or “fantasy,” Kalpana reflects an imaginative and creative spirit.
- Kaveri: Kaveri is the name of a sacred river in India, reflecting its significance as an important source of life.
- Khushi: Derived from “happiness,” Khushi embodies joy and contentment.
- Kashish: This name translates to “attraction” or “enticement,” embodying a beautiful and alluring aura.
- Kajal: Signifying “kohl,” Kajal reflects a person’s inner beauty and strength. This is the perfect name for your little girl.
- Kaashvi: The name of the Hindu legend daughter, Kaashvi, signifies “radiance” or “shine.”
- Kanan: This name is derived from the Sanskrit word for “forest,” representing nature and renewal.
- Krisha: Meaning “tenderness” or “kindness,” Krisha reflects gentleness and empathy.
- Karishma: This name means “miracle” or “divine act,” representing the power of the divine to create miracles in life.
Best Hindu baby girl names from L
- Lavanya: Meaning “beauty” or “grace,” Lavanya is a fitting name for a beautiful and graceful daughter.
- Lakshmi: This is the name of the goddess Laxmi, meaning “wealth” or “fortune”. It is a popular name that symbolizes success and prosperity.
- Latika: This name means “creeper” or “vines,” symbolizing growth and strength.
- Lavaya: Derived from the Sanskrit word “Lavani,” Lavaya is a name that embodies grace and beauty.
- Lakshita: Meaning “distinguished” or “excellent,” Lakshita reflects an individual of high moral character and intelligence.
- Laasya: Meaning “graceful” or “dance,” Laasya is the perfect name for a graceful and powerful daughter.
- Laboni: This baby name means “lovely lips,” representing charm and gracefulness.
Best Hindu baby girl names from M
- Meera: This name is the lord Krishna’s devotee, Meera Bai, meaning “prosperous” or “leader of the herd.”
- Mahika: This name means “earth” and is derived from the goddess Parvati.
- Mahima: Meaning “greatness” or “glory,” Mahima conveys a sense of grandeur and power.
- Mansi: This name reflects an individual’s quiet nature, meaning “silent” or “calm.”
- Menaha: Menaha means ‘Celestial damsel’. It’s a lovely name for a baby who will grow into a beautiful woman!
- Murali: Murali refers to Lord Krishna flute, which he is often depicted playing. It symbolizes the enchanting music of Krishna’s divine presence.
- Manohara: Meaning “captivating” or “charming,” Manohara reflects the irresistible charisma of Lord Krishna.
- Madhura: This name translates to “sweet” or “melodious,” symbolizing the sweetness and abundance that goddess Laxmi brings.
- Manasa: This name is derived from the Hindu goddess of snakes, meaning “mind” or “soul.” It reflects an individual’s inner strength and resilience.
- Mridula: Mridula means “gentle” or “softhearted,” embodying kindness and humility.
- Maanvi: This baby name reflects a person’s kind and generous nature, meaning “kind” or “generous.”
- Moksha: Meaning “liberation” or “salvation,” Moksha embodies spiritual freedom and enlightenment.
- Mohini: This name is derived from the Hindu goddess of beauty and charm, conveying grace and enchantment.
- Madhavi: Meaning “intelligent” or “clever,” Madhavi reflects an individual’s sharp wits and quick thinking.
- Mahi: This name signifies “greatness,” embodying strength and resilience. It’s also the name of Lord Krishna wife.
- Madhuri: Madhuri reflects a person’s joy and beauty, meaning “sweetness” or “delight.”
- Manjari: This name translates to “bud” or “sprout,” symbolizing new beginnings and growth.
- Meghana: Meaning “clouds” or “rain,” Meghana reflects the life-giving properties of nature.
- Muskaan: This name translates to “smile,” embodying cheerfulness and positivity.
Best Hindu baby girl names from N
- Nandini: This name is derived from Lord Shiva, meaning “pleased” or “satisfied”.
- Niyati: Meaning “fate” or “destiny,” Niyati reflects the power of fate and the unpredictable nature of life.
- Nakshatra: Derived from the Sanskrit word for “star,” Nakshatra conveys the concept of cosmic power and beauty.
- Navika: Meaning “new,” Navika represents freshness, revival, and transformation.
- Neeti: This name can be translated to “good conduct” or “moral,” embodying qualities of virtue and nobility.
- Nivedita: Signifying “dedication,” this name reflects a person who is devoted, hardworking, and passionate.
- Neha: Meaning “love,” Neha conveys the feeling of affection, warmth, and tenderness.
- Namya: Derived from the Sanskrit word for “respect,” Namya reflects a sense of reverence and admiration.
- Niharika: This name means “dew drops,” embodying the qualities of freshness, lightness, and sparkle.
- Naisha: This baby girl name translates to “special” or “unique”, embodying qualities of distinctiveness and individuality.
- Nyra: Meaning “graceful”, this name reflects inner beauty, femininity, and gracefulness.
- Naina: Derived from the Sanskrit word for “eyes”, Naina signifies insight and intuition.
Best Hindu baby girl names from P
- Payal: Payal signifies “anklet,” representing grace and elegance.
- Prajakta: This is derived from the Sanskrit word “Praja,” which means “people,” and “kta” meaning “bright,” this name signifies an enlightened leader.
- Prisha: It goes without saying that children are God’s gift to parents. This name signifies the same. It means ‘beloved, God’s gift’.
- Puja: Puja means “worship” or “prayer,” representing humility and devotion.
- Pritha: This baby name has a literary origin, derived from the word “Prithvi,” which means ‘earth’ in Sanskrit.
- Priya: Meaning beloved or dear, this is one of the most popular Hindu names for baby girls.
- Purnima: Meaning “full moon,” Purnima signifies completeness, brightness, and beauty.
- Priyanka: Priyanka is a combination of two words – “priya” (beloved) and “anka” (marked), signifying someone who is beloved and remarkable.
- Palakshi: Derived from “Palak,” which means “eyelashes” in Sanskrit, Palakshi signifies beauty and innocence.
- Pavitra: Meaning “pure,” Pavitra reflects cleanliness and holiness. This name is also derived from Lord Shiva.
- Pranati: This name is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘prana’, meaning life or breath, symbolizing life and vitality.
- Pihu: This name signifies “peep” or “chirp,” embodying qualities of playfulness and joy.
- Preeti: Meaning “love,” Preeti encapsulates the concept of affection and fondness.
Best Hindu baby girl names from R
- Riva: Meaning “riverbank,” Riva reflects a peaceful and tranquil energy.
- Ragini: Derived from the Sanskrit language, this name signifies “melody” or “music”, representing creativity and expression.
- Radha: This Hindu baby girl’s name is derived from Lord Krishna’s beloved devotee and symbolizes devotion and love.
- Rhea: Meaning “a flowing stream”, this name is a great pick for parents who want their baby girl to stay rooted and go with the flow.
- Rohini: This beautiful name has its roots in Hindu mythology and signifies “a red cow”, representing fertility and abundance.
- Renu: Meaning “a tiny grain”, this name reflects an individual’s strength and resilience.
- Riddhi: This inspiring name signifies “prosperity”, embodying success and growth.
- Reva: Meaning “sun”, Reva is a popular Hindu baby girl name that signifies warmth and vitality.
- Roopali: This name means “beautiful”, reflecting a person’s inner and outer beauty.
- Riya: Meaning “singer”, Riya captures the essence of music and artistry.
Best Hindu baby girl names from S
- Shivangi: This beautiful name means “Goddess of Shiva” and reflects a strong connection with Lord Shiva.
- Shreya: Derived from the Sanskrit language, this name signifies prosperity and success.
- Shivani: Shivani, a variation of Shweta, means “white” or “fair.”
- Saumya: This name translates to “gentle” or “kind,” embodying qualities of graciousness and compassion.
- Saanvi: Meaning “Goddess Lakshmi,” Saanvi reflects grace, beauty, and prosperity.
- Sonali: This name is derived from the word ‘sona’, meaning “golden.” It has a strong connotation of wealth and abundance.
- Suchita: Meaning ‘beautiful’, this name reflects aesthetic qualities and a captivating essence.
- Sakshi: This Hindu baby girl name signifies “witness” or “evidence,” representing truth and integrity.
- Shivika: This name is derived from the phrase ‘Shiva Ka’, meaning “daughter of Lord Shiva.” It reflects a divine connection with the spiritual world.
- Shruti: Meaning “heard,” this baby girl name symbolizes understanding and wisdom.
Best Hindu baby girl names from T
- Taanvi: Meaning “beautiful,” Taanvi reflects a young girl’s natural radiance and grace.
- Tamanna: This name symbolizes “desire” or “wish,” embodying hopes and dreams for the future.
- Trisha: Trisha translates to “happiness,” representing an optimistic and cheerful spirit.
- Tanaya: This traditional Hindu name means “daughter” or “girl,” conveying a sense of endearment and love.
- Taniksha: Derived from “Tanika,” which means “long-haired,” Taniksha encapsulates a young girl’s youthful beauty and grace.
- Tanisha: This name means “fantasy,” reflecting a person’s imaginative and creative nature.
- Tanya: Derived from “Tania,” which means “princess,” Tanya is an appropriate choice for any little princess!
- Tejasvi: Tejasvi translates to “bright” or “radiant,” representing inner strength and courage.
- Tritya: Meaning “third,” Tritya is an auspicious name that reflects the power of number three.
Best Hindu baby girl names from V
- Vaishnavi: Meaning “devotee of Lord Vishnu,” Vaishnavi reflects dedication to the worship and ideals of Lord Vishnu.
- Varsha: Derived from the Sanskrit word for “rain,” Varsha conveys the virtue of patience as well as a connection to natural elements.
- Vandana: Meaning “salutation” or “reverence,” Vandana carries with it respect and admiration.
- Vishaka: Translating to “star” in Sanskrit, Vishaka is a beautiful name for a girl to embody the qualities of brilliance and clarity.
- Vrinda: Associated with Goddess Tulsi, a beloved devotee of Lord Vishnu, Vrinda means “tulsi plant” and signifies purity and devotion.
- Varuna: Derived from the goddess of water, Varuna represents creativity and intuition as well as the cleansing properties of water.
- Veda: Meaning “knowledge” or “wisdom,” Veda reflects an appreciation for learning and education.
- Varika: This name translates to “ray of light” and would make a great choice for parents looking for a name that reflects prosperity and hope.
- Vamika: Derived from the Sanskrit word for “sky,” Vamika reflects qualities of ambition and greatness.
The Bottom Line!
To wrap it up, we’ve got a fantastic compilation of 180+ stunning Hindu baby girl names with meanings. It’s a diverse and meaningful selection that’ll surely strike a chord with parents who want a name that reflects their cultural heritage and values. Each name holds its own significance, whether rooted in mythology, nature, virtues, or sentiments. May these names inspire and guide parents in embracing a name that reflects their hopes and dreams for their precious little one’s future. If you think we’ve missed out on any wonderful Hindu baby girl names, please share them with us in the comment section below.