Studying abroad is a great start for any teenager. It not only gives the child a good educational base, but is also a kind of school for adult life, because the child has to grow up very early and become independent. We will tell you how to understand that the child is mentally ready to go to study in another country, and how to prepare him for this serious step.
Is your child ready?
Studying abroad is a serious challenge not only for the child, but also for his family. This step requires a lot of work and financial investment. Therefore, before considering studying abroad, it is important to know if your child is ready for an independent life.
All children experience separation from family differently. For some, it can be a serious challenge that overrides all the benefits of an overseas school. For others, independent living and learning “like in the movies” is a dream.
The first thing parents need to focus on is the child’s own desire. Children’s eyes should be burning, they should want to learn and be as motivated as possible. Keeping track of a teenager’s studies from a distance is not an easy task, so the family should clearly understand that the child is ready to take responsibility for his own education.
The character of the child plays an important role. If a schoolboy is flexible and communicative, easily makes friends, changes interests, likes to travel and experiment with style and appearance, it will be much easier for him to adapt in a new country. More effort will be required for a teenager who is hard to part with their belongings, tied to certain places, has few friends and is difficult to contact.
Before choosing a school, you need to assess the emotional maturity of the child. Whether he is able to cope independently, how he deals with negative feelings such as anger, frustration and resentment, and how he organizes his own time. If he needs help with his writing assignments, turning to the finance essay writing service can be a great help. A good writing service will provide professional writers who are well-versed in the subject and can offer guidance to the student in order to help him build his skills.
The prep stage
It is necessary to prepare a child for studying abroad at least 1-2 years before departure. At the same time, you need to start learning a foreign language in depth even earlier. You need to understand that the child will have to learn all subjects in a foreign language, and this requires a serious vocabulary.
In addition to intensive training, you need to devote time to the psychological aspects. A year before departure it is necessary to educate the child in independence and responsibility, to teach him to manage his free time, organize his day and life, make acquaintances and resolve conflicts. For this, you can use popular literature aimed at pumping up flexible skills. Motivational books that will help your child get charged with the energy of achievement and victory will also not be superfluous. Most importantly, a young person must have the experience of successful, creative work. For this you can use the services of https://onlinecollegewriting.com/. This platform provides an opportunity for any student to quickly and without extra effort to receive various kinds of academic assignments that are necessary for passing courses and exams.
Knowledge and skills a child needs
- Health Status. Going abroad, a schoolboy should be fully aware of his health condition. Tell him what illnesses he has had, what chronic illnesses or allergies he has, and how to react properly to certain symptoms.
- Emotional state. Teach your child to sort out his own feelings, analyze his emotions and reflect. The child should learn to choose what is best for him.
- Life. Teach the child basic household skills, give him the opportunity to solve household and school problems by himself. Teach to take care of his belongings, appearance, and food.
- Interaction with others. The child should be taught to ask for help, to address questions to teachers and caregivers (if he will be in the family). It is also important to prepare the child for the fact that he will be in a multicultural environment – he should be tolerant and open to different cultures and their peculiarities.
The 5 most important things you need to know to send your child to study in Europe
- When sending a child to study abroad, it is necessary to make sure that he is mentally ready to go to live in another country. There are no reasons to worry about the safety and comfort of children abroad, most countries are famous for their high standard of living and low crime rate. It is important to know that the legislation of some countries provides for the mandatory presence of a guardian in the country where the child will study — this is a person who is ready to take care of the student and is able to provide assistance if necessary. Private boarding schools set age limits for living on the school’s campus – children over 11 years old are most often accepted
- When choosing a school, it is important to carefully study the available training systems. There are a large number of universal international programs, after which a student can enroll in any educational institutions around the world — for example, A-level, International Baccalaureate
- In order to be admitted to academic programs, it is typically necessary to have a proficient level of understanding in a foreign language. For international educational institutions, English is commonly the required language for studying. Foreigners with a basic understanding of a foreign language can enroll in primary classes, but this exception does not apply to other levels.
However, with the help of a reliable language learning app, individuals can learn Serbian, Thai, and many other languages to reach the required proficiency level needed for admission to academic programs.
Upon admission to the university, a mandatory requirement is to provide a certificate of passing a language exam. Educational institutions have the right to independently set the minimum number of points based on the results of exams: TOEFL, IELTS, CELI, CILS, DELF, DALF
When applying for a university abroad, you can find help and support on https://collegepaper.net/. Here you will find assistance in submitting an application to your desired institution. This includes review of documents, preparation of personalized letters and essays, as well as editing existing materials.
- The total cost of studying abroad depends on the cost of an academic or linguistic program, accommodation prices, duration of study and the amount of additional expenses. For example, the most expensive training is in Switzerland, England, the USA. More budget programs are available in the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Finland or Malta
- To study abroad, it’s important to plan ahead. For longer programs at schools and universities, you should submit your documents one year before the start of the program. For shorter courses, it’s recommended to submit your documents 6-9 months in advance.