What is In vitro fertilization
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a complex series of procedures used to help with fertility for preventing genetic problems. It is a type of assisted reproductive technology used for infertility treatment. IVF is assistive reproductive technology (ART). This process involves retrieving eggs from a woman’s ovaries and fertilizing them with sperm. After that, the fertilized egg which is known as an embryo transferred to a woman’s uterus. Sometimes IVF doctor freezes this embryo for future use only. IVF is the miracle for the infertility couple who are unable to conceive a baby. The whole process of IVF is done in a laboratory dish. In vitro means outside the body Fertilization. IVF is the Most Common and effective Infertility Treatment. IVF is the complex process performed by the several steps by step procedure. IVF success rate depends on many factors like: Age of the women, types of infertility issue, living habits, genetic issues etc.
Facts about In vitro fertilization(IVF)
- IVF is a long process this cycle is normally about 28 days long.
- During the IVF treatment the women undergo many hormonal changes.
- The quality of women’s eggs decreases with their age.
- Having a positive pregnancy test confirms the IVF success treatment.
- IVF a little bit of costly but yet less expensive as compared to various other surgical treatments.
- The IVF success rate depends on the types of infertility issues.
- IVF can results multiple pregnancies.
- Infertility is a very common issue now prefer for IVF treatment.
- Total IVFtreatment can take around 4-6 weeks.
- There are different types of IVF treatments are available.
- IVF cost depends on the number of IVF cycle required during the treatment.
- Sometimes you may need more than 1 IVF cycle.
- Frozen Eggs are more effective than the fresh egg in IVF treatment.
- IVF may cause multiple pregnancies.
- The first donor egg pregnancy was in 1983 in Australia.
- Globally around 10 000 people go abroad each year for IVF treatment.
- There are 47% of women having fertility treatment go on to have a baby of their own.
- IVF can be performed using eggs and sperm belonging to the couple or from donors.
- IVFsuccess rate for women under 35 who start an IVF cycle is 40 per cent and Women over age 42 have a 4 per cent success rate.
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) helps with fertilization, embryo development, and implantation.
- IVFhas been described as one the medical breakthroughs of the 20th Century.
- In some country health insurance covers the IVF treatment cost.
- In-vitro fertilization (IVF) can help achieve pregnancy when other treatments have not worked.