Usually, people thought that the pregnancy period is the time to take rest because, during pregnancy, the body faces many changes and feel much tied. But the actual thing is working some exercise will help to maintain health and helps to get standard delivery. Before doing any activity, consult with the doctor whether this is suitable for your body condition. Some of the simple and best exercises during pregnancy period are given below:
In This Article
First Trimester Exercises:
For the first three months, don’t do the heavy workouts like lift heavy weights, do only simple exercises. Walking is an essential exercise during the pregnancy period. This helps to avoid the fat deposit in the body. Walking for 30 minutes daily is enough during the first trimester because nausea is typical in that period. Below given exercises are recommended for the first trimester period.
1. Simple warm-up
- Head tilt for both sides
- Head nodding for both up and down
- Swingarm in clock and anti-clockwise direction
- Rotate head on both directions
- Rotate shoulder in clock and anti-clockwise direction
- Repeat each exercise for ten times. Do these exercises for weekly three to four days.
- Just lying on the ground with relaxing your feet and hand and your body should be ultimately touching the ground.
- Press your heels and push one of your legs high up-to-the maximum reachable height.
- Keep this position for a few seconds and come back to the normal position. Repeat this for five times.
- Repeat this procedure for another leg.
- Stand along with the wall and bring your feet away from the wall
- Then slowly drop your waist; in this position, the thighs are parallel to the floor. This position looks like you are sitting on the invisible chair.
- Raise your both hands above the head and keep them against the wall. After a few seconds, slowly release your hands on either side of your head. Repeat this exercise for ten more times.
Bridge or hip raise exercise
- In the start, lying on the floor with the bent knees, keep your arms under the hips.
- Slowly raise the hips to bring torso in line with the support of the shoulder
- Keep this position for a few seconds and slowly come back to the initial position.
The period of 13 to 27 weeks is the most comfortable because the vomiting problems become solved, and body get flexible. In this second trimester, you can easily do the exercises. Some simple tasks are given below,
Lying cobbler pose
- In the start, just lying flat on the floor, stretch your legs and rest your feet on the floor.
- Stretch your legs in front of you, if you are uncomfortable, use your blanket for sitting.
- Join the boles of both the feet and try to bring them closer to the pelvis.
- Relax from the position slowly and follow this position based on your comfort.
- Repeat this exercise ten times.
- In the start, take the dog position by standing with feet and hand, press the floor with the fingertips.
- Bend forward slightly and keep rest on the feet and fingertips into the floor.
- Bend and straighten the right knee, and it was feeling the stretch.
- Then bend and straighten the left knee.
- Repeat this for your comfortable times.
- But this is not suitable for the third trimester.
Angry cat or pelvic tilt
- In the start, get a cat posture, by keeping the knees and fingertips pressing on the floor.
- Just lying on the floor, bend your head back.
- Arch your back so that the spine gets curved.
- Keep this position for a few seconds and get back to the normal position slowly.
- Relax and repeat the same process.
In the third trimester, avoid doing the heavy workouts because this may cause sudden leakage of amniotic fluid.
- The pelvic floor muscle exercises are essential during the labor period. This exercise helps to straighten the pelvic floor muscle. In the initial stage, start this exercise by sitting on the workout ball with a straight back.
- Hold the contracted muscles for more than 5 seconds. Repeat this for ten sets.
- Then after that contract and relax the pelvic floor muscle for 30 times and repeat this for four sets.
- In the start, stand straight with the feet at the shoulder-width distance.
- Flex your keeps to perform the simple squat.
- Relax the pelvic region.
- When you squat, breathe deeply five times.
- Then relax and get back to the normal.
- The squat exercise is the best one to contract and lose the pelvic muscle, which helps to reduce the labor pain. You can try this exercise with the help of a workout ball which helps to give the pressure to the pelvis and thigh region.
- Take breathe and bend to get a sitting position.
- After a few seconds, get back to the normal position. Repeat this for 5-10 times.
During pregnancy, yoga is the recommended one to get a peaceful mind. There are lots of asanas available to increase flexibility.
- Lying straight on the floor and stretch your feet above your head.
- Keep your arms and legs closer.
- Keep this position for your comfortable timing.
Exercises during pregnancy period will help to reduce weight gain and contributes to standard delivery. Follow these exercises after consulting with your doctor and have a healthy and happy pregnancy period.