Are you an expecting mother who loves wearing traditional Indian attire like lehengas? Don’t worry, just because you’re pregnant doesn’t mean you have to give up on your style. With a few simple tips and tricks, you can comfortably wear a lehenga during pregnancy and look stunning.
Pregnancy is a beautiful phase of life that brings along several changes, including your wardrobe. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to wear a lehenga during pregnancy with style and comfort in mind.
In This Article
- Quick Tips for Wearing a Lehenga During Pregnancy
- 1. Choose the Right Fabric and Size
- 2. Consider an Adjustable Waistband
- 3. Opt for a Flared Lehenga
- 4. Pair it with a Stretchable Blouse
- 5. Wear a Maternity Waistband
- 6. Opt for Flat or Low-Heeled Footwear
- 7. Don’t Forget to Accessorize
- 8. Take Breaks and Listen to Your Body
Quick Tips for Wearing a Lehenga During Pregnancy
Pregnancy doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your style, especially when it comes to traditional outfits like lehengas. Here are some quick tips to help you rock a lehenga during pregnancy:
1. Choose Comfort Over Style: Opt for a loose-fitting lehenga that provides ample space for your growing belly. Comfort should be your top priority.
2. Go for Light Fabrics: Heavy designer lehengas can be cumbersome and uncomfortable. Choose lighter fabrics that are easy to manage and move around in.
3. Avoid Crepe or Net: These materials may increase your chances of tripping or getting entangled. Stick to safer options like cotton or silk.
4. Consider a Maternity Kurti Suit: Pairing a maternity kurti suit with a lehenga can give you a stylish yet comfortable look. It’s a modern twist to the traditional outfit.
5. Opt for a Lehenga with Built-In Dupatta: A lehenga with a built-in dupatta saves you from the hassle of carrying and managing an extra piece of clothing.
6. Keep Jewelry Minimal: Avoid heavy or bulky jewelry that can weigh you down. Opt for light and elegant pieces that complement your outfit without causing discomfort.
7. Avoid Anything Too Tight: Any clothing item that’s too tight can be uncomfortable and potentially harmful for your baby. Make sure your lehenga and blouse provide enough room for your belly.
8. Choose a Designer Blouse with a Flowing Skirt: This combination not only adds a feminine touch to your look but also provides plenty of room for your growing belly, ensuring you look glamorous without compromising on comfort.
1. Choose the Right Fabric and Size
When selecting a lehenga for your pregnancy, opt for fabrics that are breathable and comfortable, such as cotton or silk. Avoid heavy fabrics like velvet or brocade, as they can make you feel hot and uncomfortable. Additionally, make sure to choose a lehenga that is a size or two larger than your pre-pregnancy size to accommodate your growing belly.
- Opt for fabrics that are light and breathable like cotton or silk. These will keep you cool and comfortable.
- Avoid heavy fabrics like velvet or brocade that may make you feel overheated and uncomfortable.
- Select a lehenga that’s a size or two larger than your pre-pregnancy size. This will ensure the outfit accommodates your growing belly.
2. Consider an Adjustable Waistband
To ensure a comfortable fit, look for a lehenga with an adjustable waistband. This will allow you to loosen or tighten the waistband as per your comfort level and accommodate your expanding belly.
- Look for a lehenga with a drawstring or adjustable waistband. This allows you to loosen or tighten the lehenga as per your comfort level.
- An adjustable waistband is a great feature as it can accommodate your expanding belly throughout your pregnancy.
3. Opt for a Flared Lehenga
A flared lehenga is a great choice for pregnant women as it provides ample room for movement and doesn’t restrict your belly. Look for lehengas with A-line or circular silhouettes, as these styles will gracefully drape over your baby bump.
- A flared lehenga is a fantastic choice as it provides ample room for movement and doesn’t restrict your belly.
- Choose lehengas with A-line or circular silhouettes. These styles gracefully drape over your baby bump, enhancing your pregnancy glow.
4. Pair it with a Stretchable Blouse
When choosing a blouse for your lehenga, opt for a stretchable fabric like Lycra or jersey. These materials will provide a comfortable fit and stretch to accommodate your growing bust size. You can also consider getting a blouse custom-made to ensure a perfect fit.
- When choosing a blouse, opt for stretchable fabrics like Lycra or jersey. These materials provide a comfortable fit and stretch to accommodate your growing bust size.
- Consider getting a blouse custom-made. This ensures a perfect fit and can be adjusted according to your comfort.
5. Wear a Maternity Waistband
To provide additional support to your belly and alleviate any discomfort, consider wearing a maternity waistband underneath your lehenga. This will help distribute the weight of your belly and provide extra support to your back.
- A maternity waistband worn underneath your lehenga can provide additional support to your belly and alleviate discomfort.
- This accessory helps distribute the weight of your belly evenly and provides extra support to your back.
6. Opt for Flat or Low-Heeled Footwear
During pregnancy, it’s essential to prioritize comfort over style when it comes to footwear. Opt for flat or low-heeled shoes or sandals to avoid any strain on your back and feet. Make sure the footwear you choose complements your lehenga and completes your overall look.
- Comfort should be your priority when choosing footwear. Go for flat or low-heeled shoes to avoid any strain on your back and feet.
- Ensure the footwear complements your lehenga and completes your overall look.
7. Don’t Forget to Accessorize
Complete your lehenga look with the right accessories. Opt for lightweight jewelry like statement earrings or a delicate necklace to add a touch of elegance to your outfit. Avoid heavy jewelry that can weigh you down and cause discomfort.
- Complete your look with the right accessories. Lightweight jewelry like statement earrings or a delicate necklace can add a touch of elegance to your outfit.
- Avoid heavy jewelry that can weigh you down and cause discomfort.
8. Take Breaks and Listen to Your Body
Lastly, it’s important to listen to your body and take breaks when needed. Pregnancy can be tiring, so make sure to rest and hydrate throughout the day. If you start feeling uncomfortable in your lehenga, don’t hesitate to make adjustments or change into something more comfortable.
- Listen to your body and take breaks when needed. Pregnancy can be tiring, so ensure you rest and hydrate throughout the day.
- If at any point you start feeling uncomfortable in your lehenga, don’t hesitate to make adjustments or change into something more comfortable.
With these simple tips, you can confidently wear a lehenga during pregnancy and embrace your style while accommodating your growing belly. Enjoy the festivities and celebrate this special time in your life with grace and elegance.