Thanksgiving is one of the most popular holidays in America. As it draws near, people are getting excited about the turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie. The origins of Thanksgiving can be traced back to 1621 when a group of settlers (the Pilgrims) celebrated their first harvest with Native Americans. Since then Thanksgiving has continued to be an annual celebration that is cherished by all Americans.
Thanksgiving is a time where families get together to enjoy the company of each other. It’s a time to throw a thanksgiving dinner and should eat roasted and stuffed turkey, vegetables, potatoes, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, etc. Thanksgiving day is a time to reflect on what we’re thankful for and spend time with the people we love most. The day is also the time where families can just relax and have fun playing games together. The turkey trot race is a popular tradition that many families partake in.
Thanksgiving day is kids’ favorite holiday and a time where they can run around and play games with their cousins. Thanksgiving day is also a time where people tell jokes during the celebration for humor and have a good laugh. And in this blog post is a collection of 110 funny thanksgiving jokes for kids.
Best Fun Thanksgiving Jokes for kids
Thanksgiving is coming up soon, and for many people, that means food, family, and friends. It’s a time to reflect on all the good things in your life and share jokes with kids to make them smile. Below we have shared the best thanksgiving jokes to make your Christmas party rock and they are:
1. What kind of music does a turkey like?
2. Why did the Pilgrims’ Thanksgiving feast last for three days?
Because they were really thankful.
3. Can a turkey jump higher than the Empire State Building?
Yes, because a building can’t jump.
4. What’s a turkey’s favorite type of play step?
Fowl play step.
5. How do you make a turkey float?
You add two scoops of stuffing and a can of cranberry sauce.
6. What do you call a turkey with no feathers?
A naked turkey.
7. What’s a turkey’s favorite dessert?
8. Why did the turkey get arrested?
For participating in a Fowl play.
9. What’s the best thing about Thanksgiving?
10. What do you call a Pilgrims’s brother-in-law?
11. What do you call a lazy turkey?
12. What’s the best thing about Thanksgiving Christmas Eve?
You get to eat two turkeys!
13. What did the turkey say to his mom on Thanksgiving?
“Gobble, gobble, MOM!”
14. Why did the turkey cross the road?
Because it was the chicken’s day off.
15. What has feathers and webbed feet?
A turkey wearing scuba gear.
16. Why didn’t the Pilgrims eat Turkey?
Because they were already dead.
17. What’s the best thing on Thanksgiving to eat Christmas decorations?
18. Why doesn’t Santa Claus eat turkey?
Because he’s afraid of stuffing!
19. What do you call a fat pilgrim?
20. Why does turkey jump higher than chicken?
Because they are both full of stuffing.
21. Did you hear the funny Christmas jokes about the turkey?
Neither did I.
22. Why don’t turkeys like fast-food restaurants?
There’s no peach “gobbler” making at drive-thrus!
23. What did the pumpkin say after Thanksgiving?
24. Why did the turkey cross the road twice?
To prove he was not chicken!
25. Why did the farmer run a steamroller over his sweet potato field on Thanksgiving Day?
He wanted to raise mashed sweet potatoes.
26. Why do people tell Thanksgiving jokes about turkeys?
So they can gobble them up!
27. How do Merry Christmas tree pilgrims say hello?
Ho, ho, ho!
28. What is a turkey’s favorite mode of transportation?
29. Why did the chewing gum cross the road?
Because it was stuck on the turkey’s foot!
30. Why did the cranberries turn red?
Because they saw the turkey dressing!
31. What does a pilgrim say to his family before going to the dinner table?
Let’s eat this flesh, drink this blood, and snuggle in these bones.
32. Why was the roasted turkey told to behave at Thanksgiving?
Because it was stuffed with an apple gobbler.
33. What’s the best thing about a Thanksgiving Christmas decoration?
You can take them down again!
34. Why did the turkey don’t like Christmas dinner?
He’s tired of receiving the same stuffing every year!
35. What smells the best at a Thanksgiving dinner?
36. Why does turkey’s phone always ring on Thanksgiving?
Because they’re always being hunted!
37. What role do green beans play in Thanksgiving dinner?
38. What side dish would you get if you accidentally sat on a sweet potato?
39. Why does turkey cross Santa suffer?
Because he doesn’t want to get jolly with Christmas presents!!
40. How Santa will come during Thanksgiving day?
Santa walking backwards so he won’t bump into anything!!
41. What kind of language does a turkey like?
Turkeyish fowl language!!
42. What do you get if you cross a turkey with an octopus?
Eight tiny thanksgiving dinners.
43. Why did they let the turkey join the band?
Because he had the drum sticks.
44. Why did the chicken go to the seance?
To ask the turkey what happened on Thanksgiving table.
45. Who said, “I was going to serve sweet potatoes with Thanksgiving dinner, but I sat on them.”
46. Why was the turkey in such a hurry?
He was going to miss dinner at Thanksgiving table!
47. Why turkey dressing up as a chicken?
Because it was the chicken’s day off.
48. Why did they have to put the turkey in timeout?
He wouldn’t stop turkeys gobbling.
49. Why didn’t the turkey want to eat any pumpkin pie?
Because he was already stuffed!
50. What does a pilgrim call Thanksgiving?
Second Christmas quacker!!
51. What’s a turkey’s favorite vegetable?
52. What kind of music did Pilgrims listen to?
53. Why Christmas trees are like turkeys?
Because they both have to sit on a stool all night!
54. Why does turkey talk in fowl language?
Because they always gobble-dyed!
55. What do you call a turkey with an extensive vocabulary?
56. What does a pilgrim love to eat for breakfast?
Sausage and pumpkin pies!
57. Why did the turkey try to stick his head in the ground?
Because he wanted to play peek-a-boo!
58. What do you call a skeleton wearing a pumpkin?
59. What do you get if you cross a turkey with a crocodile?
Square plymouth rock!
60. What do you call a Thanksgiving fight between two turkeys?
A fight is stuffing.
61. Why did the turkey get kicked out of class?
He was being a pain in the neck!
62. What kind of face does a pilgrim make when he’s in pain?
63. Why do turkeys gobble?
They’re so excited they can’t talk!
64. Why do turkey jokes always involve roads?
Because they’re so pedestrian!
65. Why was the turkey not known as Christmas Alphabet?
Because it was not a part of the ABC’s!
66. Why does Santa pay attention to who is naughty and nice at Thanksgiving day?
Because he doesn’t want to get stuck in a traffic jam at the North Pole!
67. What’s the best Christmas present for turkeys?
Most feathers, mashed potatoes or Gravy Train!
68. What are the turkey’s Christmas broadcast plans?
They plan to “gobble it all up.” Hehehehe.!
69. “Knock knock!
A little old lady!
A little old lady who?
I didn’t know you could yodel!”
70. Knock knock!
Holly a pin cushion because I’m going to stab you in the back!
71. What’s a pilgrim’s favorite TV show?
72. When do you serve tofu turkey?
73. What do you get when a bird eats too much?
74. Where does a cow eat his dinner?
At a moo-sse restaurant.
75. Why did the turkey go to the doctor?
To get a quick picker upper.
76. What do you call a pilgrim’s vocabulary?
77. Why do turkeys like to eat at golden corral?
Cause they’re gobblers!
78. What do you call Thanksgiving leftovers?
79. Why don’t people eat turkey on Christmas?
Because there’s always roast beef at Christmas Passed day”.
80. Which holiday is Dracula’s favorite?
81. Why did the pilgrims go to America?
To escape from the British!
82. How can you tell a pilgrim from a turkey?
The pilgrim has a hat on!
83. Did you hear about the two turkeys who were late for thanksgiving?
They got lost on the way to the pardoning ceremony!
84. Why couldn’t the turkey cross the road?
Because he was stuck in the butter!
85. What’s a pilgrim’s favorite drink?
Pumpkin spice latte!
86. What does a turkey like to eat for lunch?
Hamburgers and pumpkin pies!
87. What does a turkey like to eat for lunch?
Hamburgers and pumpkin pies!
88. Knock knock!
Andy turkey, I’m so stuffed up!
89. What’s a pilgrim’s favorite fruit?
90. Why do turkey jokes get no respect?
Because they always go, ” gobble, gobble .”
91. What has a big red face and a green body?
A very funny looking turkey!
92. What’s Frankenstein’s favorite Thanksgiving dish?
Monster mash potatoes and grave-y!
93. What do you call a vegetarian at Thanksgiving?
94. What do you call a very small turkey?
A little bity.
95. What do you call the evil being that comes to get pilgrims?
96. Why is there such a big gobbledygook at the Thanksgiving dinner table?
Because of all the gibble-de-gook!
97. What kind of cheese is a pirate’s favorite?
98. What did the Native Americans do for their first Thanksgiving?
They watched football games and ate turkey legs!
99. Where does Santa clues like to eat at Thanksgiving?
At The Turkey Out Back!
100. What do you call a Pilgrim with a stomach-ache?
A pilgrim with indigestion!
101. Why was the turkey sad after he tried out for the football team?
He thought his stuffing sucked!
102 What did the Native Americans give the Pilgrims for Thanksgiving?
103. What did the mother turkey say to her disobedient children?
If your father could see you now, he would turn over in his grave!
104. How do you know when your aunt is full?
She says “TA-TA” and leaves the thanksgiving table.
105. What did the stamp say to the Christmas card?
Stick with me my kid and we’ll go places!
106. Why do turkeys always go, “gobble, gobble”
Because they never learned good table manners!
107. What do you call a turkey that just crossed over?
108. What kind of bird does Peter Pan have?
109. What’s the most important thing to bring to Thanksgiving?
A chair! You can’t eat without one.
110. What turkey has no friends?
111. Why did the pilgrims go to the New World?
Because they were looking for pumpkin pi!
112. Why was the turkey soup so expensive?
It had 24 carrots.
113. What should you call a dumb gobbler?
A jerkey turkey!
114. What type of potatoes go oui-oui-buzz-buzz?
A french Flies!
115. Why do pilgrims pants keep falling down?
“Cause their belt buckles are on their hats!
The Bottom Line!!
We hope you have a happy Thanksgiving. The best way to celebrate the holiday is with family and friends, but we’re guessing that there will be some downtime during which it’s ideal for children to entertain themselves. If that sounds like your situation then this list of 110 funny thanksgiving jokes for kids should help keep them occupied while also teaching them about American culture. From food puns to silly how-do-you-spell questions, these wisecracks are sure to make everyone laugh at least once or twice. What do you think? Do any of these strike your fancy as something worth sharing on social media? Let us know in the comments below and have a great Thanksgiving ever.