When it comes to naming your baby, you want to find something that is unique and special. You want a name that will be perfect and fit your child perfectly. The name of your baby girl is her identity and she should own it. The way we look at things has changed over the past decades, we are more liberal now with naming our kids.
Fortunately, there are thousands of unique names you can choose from when naming your child. You also want to pick something that will be suitable for your child’s gender. If you are expecting a boy, it wouldn’t be wise to choose a unisex name. Here are 229 of the latest and most unique baby girl names with meaning, so you can find the perfect name for your new daughter.
Best and popular baby girl names in 2022
As we have said above, choosing a name for your baby is one of the most important decisions you’ll make as a parent. There are so many amazing names to choose from, but how do you know which one is right for your little girl? The name should be able to tell people what type of person she is. Whether you’re looking for something classic or something more modern, you’ll find the perfect name here you can choose from:
1. Kaylee: A gorgeous choice that has Scottish and German origin and means “pure; clear.”
2. Evelyn: A name of Old English origin, meaning “pledged to God.”
3. Michelle: French origin name meaning “who is like God?”
4. Josie: This cute and short Hebrew origin name means “God increases.”
5. Scarlett: You can either go classic or modern with this beautiful name of English origin. Scarlett means “red-haired or red.”
6. Rose: This beautiful, sweet name of Latin meaning is a symbol of love and beauty. It means “rose flower.”
7. Faith: If you want to give your daughter a strong-sounding name that’s both classy and simple, go with Faith. It means “belief, trust, confidence; act of faith; thing to be trusted.”
8. Nina: This short and sweet Greek origin name is perfect for your little girl. It means “people’s victory.”
9. Lexi: A cute name with a unisex sound that will fit either your baby girl or boy. It means “one who is ready.”
10. Sofia: This feminine name of Latin origin which many celebrities have chosen for their children recently, meaning “wisdom,” it’s a great choice.
11. Gracie: If you want your child to feel loved and welcomed into the world, then go with this adorable name that means “God’s grace.”
12. Holly: This beautiful name of English origin is perfect for your little girl if you want something that has a natural sound to it. It means “holly tree.”
13. Miley: If you’re looking for something unique and different, go with this Gaelic origin name meaning “sea of sorrow.”
14. Alana: This Hebrew origin name means “beautiful flower.”
15. Matilda: A name with German origin that is very popular today, it means “strength in battle.”
16. Lillian: If you want a classy-sounding name, go with this English name which means “lily of the valley.”
17. Leilani: This name of Hawaiian origin means “heavenly flower.”
18. Isabella: This name with Latin meaning and Italian origins is very popular today, it means “consecrated to God.”
19. Serenity: A unique and beautiful choice that comes from Latin origin, meaning “peace.”
20. Addison: This unisex name with English origins would be perfect for your baby girl. It means “son of Adam.”
21. Natalia: A beautiful Russian name which means “birthday,” it’s perfect for your little girl if you want something that can grow along with her.
22. Callie: This elegant, classy name of Greek origin means “beautiful.”
23. Makenna: A cute short name with Irish origin that means “born of the prophecy.”
24. Juliet: If you want a stylish and classical-sounding name for your child, then go with this name which has Latin origin and means “downy.”
25. Autumn: This pretty name of Latin origin means “season.”
26. Simone: A Roman surname that became a feminine name, you can either give this to your daughter if she’s born in the autumn or spring, meaning “hear; one who hears.”
27. Rosalie: If you want something that’s feminine and elegant, then go with this name from Latin origin that means “rose.”
28. Madeline: A beautiful French origin name that means “high tower,” it fits your baby girl perfectly if you want a name that sounds powerful.
29. Mila: This Russian short and sweet name is perfect for your little one if you’re looking for something grounded and exotic. It means “gracious.”
30. Eva: This popular name of Latin meaning is “life,” might fit your baby girl perfectly.
31. Evelyn: If you want something that’s simpler but still charming, then this English name is perfect for your little girl. It means “pledged to God.”
32. Charlotte: This simple, classic name has French origins, meaning “free man.”
33. Isla: If you want something short and sweet with an exotic sound to it, try this Scottish name which means “river of God.”
34. Nevaeh: A unique choice that many celebrities have chosen for their children recently that comes from American origin, it means “heaven.”
35. Hannah: If you want something that’s strong-sounding but not overwhelming, then this name is perfect for your baby girl. It means “favor; grace of God.”
36. Kaitlyn: A name with Celtic origin which means “pure” or “purehearted,” it could be perfect for your little girl if you’re looking for something that sounds unique.
37. Gabriella: A cute, adorable name of latin meaning is “woman of God.”
38. Aria: This popular choice with English origins would be excellent for your baby girl if you want something simple yet elegant. It means “lion of God.”
39. Sophie: A simple name that has Greek origins that means “wisdom.”
40. Kyra: This unisex name with Greek origin could be perfect for your little girl if you’re looking for something exotic yet short and easy to pronounce. It means “lord’s victory.”
41. Isabella: A Latin name that’s popular today, it means “consecrated to God.”
42. Lucia: A beautiful name that has Latin origins and means “light of the world.”
43. Penelope: This English name which means “weaver” would be perfect for your little girl if you want something simple yet charming.
44. Maia: A unisex name with Hebrew origin that means “mother.”
45. Eliana: A romantic choice that has Latin and biblical origins, meaning “God is gracious.”
46. Reya: This lovely name with Arabic origin would be perfect for your little girl if you want something exotic. It means “wolf; lioness of God.”
47. Elizabeth: This beautiful Hebrew origin name means “pledged to God.”
48. Anaya: A meaningful choice with American origins that means “miracle of God.”
49. Lorena: If you’re looking for something simple yet elegant, then this is the perfect choice for your little girl. It has Latin origins and means “from Laurentum.”
50. Devyn: A short and sweet name that has Celtic origins and means “daughter of the dark one.”
51. Ariana: This unisex choice with Arabic origins could be perfect for your little girl if you’re looking for something exotic yet simple. It means “princess; noble lady.”
52. Eliza: A traditional choice that has Hebrew origin and means “pledged to God.”
53. Rosa: An Italian name with Latin origins, this would be perfect for your baby girl if you want something simple yet feminine. It means “rose.”
54. Delta: Well, if you’re having your fourth child, this is spot-on—this name of Greek origin means “born fourth.”
55. Athena: Known through Greek mythology as the daughter of Zeus, she was the goddess of wisdom, skill, and warfare. Her name means “the one who illuminates”.
56. Esme: A name of French, Persian origin meaning “esteemed, beloved.” And this can be used as the short-form of Esmeralda.
57. Amaya: This beautiful and popular baby girl names means “night rain” in Japanese. It also has a more powerful meaning: “born during the night, intelligent and curious”.
58. Brielle: This unisex name is Hebrew and it means “God is my strength”. It is usually given to girls.
59. Addison: This English name means “son of Adam” and was once only used for boys, but it’s now also used for girls.
60. Holland: Fittingly, this name of Dutch origin (that means “wooded land”), also represents two provinces in the Netherlands.
61. Aurora: This Latin name has a stunning meaning: “dawn”. It became popular in the 17th century and was later made even more popular thanks to Disney’s Sleeping Beauty.
62. Angelina: This name has Latin and Italian origin and it means “messenger of God”. With such an amazing meaning, it is no surprise this name was popular for centuries.
63. Anne: This classic baby girl name means “grace” in Hebrew. It became very popular because of Saint Anne, the mother of Mary.
64.Avery: This English baby girl name means “noble strength”. It became very popular after Eric Clapton named his daughter this name.
65. Amelia: This English baby girl name means “industrious” and it has been used by royals for centuries. It was most popular during the 19th century, but it’s still a very popular choice.
66. Rylie: The name Riley means “courageous, valiant.” It comes from old german origin and Gaelic origin.
67. Luna: In Roman mythology, Luna is the moon goddess and the twin sister of Apollo. It means shining light of moon in Latin word.
68. Ellison: Originally meaning “son of Ellis,” this name is also an alternative spelling of Allison, which is of Scottish origin meaning “noble.”
69. Nia: This name of Welsh origin means “purpose, bright.” We can’t think of a better description of what a baby girls brings to a parent.
70. Elsie: From the Hebrew Elisheba, this means “oath of God,” but it can also be a quirky, shortened version of Chelsea, Kelsey, etc.
71. Selvi: Selvi comes from the Slavic origin, which means “pure” in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Selvi is mostly given to Indian babies who are born during the Tamil month of Aadi.
72. Crystal: This name was created by combining the names of two crystals; Rose and Crystal. It symbolizes purity and grace. These baby names will make your daughter feel like a precious gem.
73. Alivia: This unique spelling is still in the top 300 girls’ names, but it’s less common than Olivia (meaning “olive tree”).
74. Ashira: Ashira means gold/precious stone, and this name was first introduced back in 1981. This name is not popular, but there has been an upward trend with its usage.
75. Aliiyah: This name is a variant of Aliia which means “high” or “exalted.” The name was first used in 1991 and it has grown in popularity over the years.
76. Abigail: This beautiful name means joy or happiness! A variation of this name that’s even more popular is Abbie.
77. Helena: This name means light, and has Greek origins. Helena is a beautiful Greek name for your baby girl.
78. Megan: This unisex name means pearl, and it’s one of the most popular girls names at the moment. It also has Celtic origins. If you want your baby girl names to be bright and beautiful, then this is the right name for her.
79. Nora: This beautiful Irish name means shining light and it makes an excellent alternative to the name Annie.
80. Daffodil: Daffodil is a type of willow tree flower. It can be found in different colors like yellow, orange, white, and pink. They symbolize happiness, rebirth, and youth.
81. Able: This is a Hebrew name, meaning able or capable. This has been on the rise for many years and will become more popular as time goes on.
82. Adeline: This is French name, meaning little lady. This was once a very popular name but has slowly declined in popularity over the years. However, if you love this name and want to give your little angel something different then it could be perfect for you.
83. Caroline: Caroline is a feminine form name of German origin. The meaning of Caroline is “free man” or “woman”.
84. Celeste: Celeste is a French name meaning “heavenly” or “divine”. It has been growing in popularity over the past few years.
85. Chloe: Chloe is a Greek name and means “blooming”. It’s been growing in popularity and could be a great name for your baby girl.
86. Clara: Clara is Latin origin name and it means “clear, bright and shining”. And for your baby girl this would be perfect and the same name version clay is popular boy names you can choose for your little ones.
87. Emma: Emma is a Germanic name and it means “universal”. This name has been wildly popular for centuries.
88. Hadley: Hadley is an English origin name and it means “heather field”.
89. Harper: Harper is a unisex name and it means “harp player”.
90. Eloise: Eloise is a Latin origin name and it has many different translations including “war goddess”, “sun ray” or “light”.
91. Hazel: Hazel is a English origin name which means “whole or hazel tree”.
92. Cora: Cora is a Latin name and it means “maiden”. It has been quite popular since the 19th century.
93. Etta: Etta is a Greek and Italian origin and the meaning of Etta is “little one”. It has been rising in popularity over the past couple years and will probably continue to rise.
94. Hana: Hana is an Arabic origin name which means “blooming”.
95. Kinsley — “King’s meadow,” this is of English origin.
96. Iris: Iris is a Greek feminine form name which means “rainbow”. It’s been growing in popularity for decades now and I think it will continue to grow even more.
97. Calliope: This name of Greek origin means “beautiful voice,” and lends itself to the nickname Callie.
98. Parker: Originally known as “park keeper,” this was an occupational last name.
99. Marlowe: A girl’s name of English origin meaning “driftwood,” you can also switch up the spelling with Marlo and Marlow.
100. Ella: Ella is a German origin name and means “noble”. This has been a very common name for centuries, but I think it will continue to grow in popularity.
101. Reagan: Traditionally known as an Irish surname meaning “little ruler,” this is now a growing girls’ (and boys’) name.
102. Imogen: Imogen is a English origin name which means “mockery”.
103. Edith: Edith is a Germanic name, which means “happy battle”. This name has been around since the 19th century and was very popular then.
104. Marleigh: “Marshy meadow, pleasant wood,” this name can also look like Marley, Marlee, etc.
105. Piper: A pipe player has a peppy-sounding name. It is an English word and it sounds like “peep-a.”
106. Jadyn: Jadyn is a English origin name which means “God is gracious”.
107. Jaya: Jaya is a unisex Indian origin name which means “victory”.
108. Isla: Isla is a Latin origin name which means “island”. It has been growing in popularity over the past few years and I think it will continue to climb.
109.Josie: Josie is an English origin name which means “He (God) will add (another son)”.
110. Keila: Keila is a Hebrew origin name which means “crown”. It has been slowly gaining in popularity for years and I don’t think it will stop anytime soon.
111. Ivy: Ivy is a Latin origin name which means “from the island of Yva”.
112. Kendra: Kendra is an English origin name which means “from the royal fortress”.
113. Jamie: Jamie is an English origin name which means “supplanter”.
114. Evalin: Evalin is a German origin name, which means “sage”.
115. Josephine: Josephine is a French origin name which means “God will add (another son)”.
116. Katilyn: Katilyn is a unisex English origin name which means “pure”.
117. Lennon: Lennon is an English origin unisex name which means “lion”.
118. June: June is a Latin origin name which means “born during the fifth month”.
119. Kinsey: Kinsey is a unisex English origin name which means “king’s island”.
120. Jovie: Jovie is an English origin name which means “beautiful”.
121. Lexi: Lexi is an English origin name which means “defender of men”.
122. Layla: Layla is an Arabic origin name which means “night”.
123. Kayla: Kayla is an English origin name which means “slender; little and bright”. It has been steadily growing in popularity for years.
124. Malala: It is a name of an activist for female education.
125.Olivia: Olivia is a beautiful name for your baby girl, it derives from the beauty of nature and means ‘olive branch’.
126. Joanna: Joanna is a unisex Hebrew origin name which means “God has favored me”.
127. Maryam: The beautiful girl who is loved by everyone.
128. Kaylah: Kaylah is a unisex English origin name which means “most beautiful”.
129. Ophelia: Ophelia originates from Greek mythology meaning ‘help’ or ‘strength’.
130. Jenna: Jenna is a unisex Latin origin name which means “God hears”. It has been gaining steadily in popularity for generations now.
131. Mckeesha: The loved one by family and friends.
132. Oriel: If you want something unique, then you should go for this name. It’s a modern Hebrew name meaning ‘light’.
133. Orlagh: This Irish name means ‘golden princess’ or ‘princess of the golden hair’.
134. Michelle: The one who is loved by everyone.
135. Kailani: Kailani is a Hawaiian origin name that means “heavens; sky”.
136. Leigh: Leigh is an English origin name which means “meadow”.
137. Mila: This name has a lot of different meanings, including a miller’s daughter and the dark-haired beauty.
138. Kaiya: Kaiya is an unisex English origin name which means “sea of sorrows”.
139. Oriana: The feminine form of the Latin name, Orian means ‘golden’.
140. Oriah: This name is modern and it means ‘desire’.
141. Mindy: A smart and cute girl with a positive attitude.
142. Kenna: Kenna is an English origin name which means “beautiful; little and smooth”.
143. Leila: Leila is an Arabic origin name which means “night”.
144. Maylin: A lady that everyone loves and follows her lead.
145. Kylie: Kylie is a unisex English origin name which means “narrow; water”.
146. Orion: If your baby girl was born in January or February, then this astronomical name befits her perfectly. The meaning of the name is ‘the sea’.
147. Miley: The one with a bright smile and face, perfect for the girl who loves to dance.
148. Kamalei: Kamalei is an English origin name which means “from the future”.
149. Lennie: Lennie is an English origin name which means “lion”.
150. Marli: A girl that is adored by everyone.
151. Kenadee: Kenadee is a unisex English origin name which means “dainty”.
152. Orla: The Irish version of this name is ‘golden princess’ and it means ‘princess’.
153. Meg: The smart and creative person with a great sense of humor, a good name for a smart little lady.
154. Keaira: Keaira is a unisex Hebrew origin name which means “tiny; little and delicate”.
155. Orlaya: This French name has its roots in Greek and it means ‘golden’.
156. Maia: The beautiful woman that everyone adores.
157. Orelia: If you want a simple and unique name for your baby girl, then you can go with this one. It’s another form of Orla and it means ‘golden’.
158. Kyndall: Kyndall is a unisex English origin name which means “beautiful view”.
159. Oriane: This beautiful name is of French origin and it’s another form of Oriana, meaning ‘splendid’.
160. Kaelyn: Kaelyn is a unisex English origin name which means “little and pure”.
161. Orli: If you like the name Ariel, but want something more unique, then this is the perfect alternative for you.
162. Leyla: Leyla is an Arabic origin name which means “night”.
163. Orleen: This is a modern name that’s popular in the English-speaking countries. It originates from Ireland and it means ‘golden princess’.
164. Paloma: The Paloma is a bird, which makes it an ideal choice for bright and cheerful baby girls. It also looks stylish on an elegant, graceful little girl.
165. Kaylei: Kaylei is an unisex Hebrew origin name which means “like God”.
166. Quiana: Quiana is a Welsh name which means pure. It’s also used as a variant of Quiane.
167. Poppy: The poppy is one of the most popular flowers in the world. Everyone loves its vibrant colors and simple beauty.
168. Quinlan: Quinlan is an Irish name which means “little wise one” or small child.
169. Quintyne: Quintyne is an African American name which means born fifth.
170. Kenna: Kenna is an unisex English origin name which means “royal”.
171. Priscilla: This is a very old-fashioned name that has been enjoying a comeback lately. It has an air of charm and distinction, which makes it perfect for your little princess.
172. Qunicy: Qunicy is a French name which can mean little queen, it’s also a variant of Juniper.
173. Kaitlin: Kaitlin is a unisex English origin name which means “pure”.
174. Petra: Petra means Peter in Greek, so it’s the ideal choice if you are looking to honor the biblical figure. It sounds modern and stylish on a little girl.
175. Kelly: Kelly is a unisex English origin name which means “war; strife; warrior”.
176. Prudence: Prudence is perfect for strong-willed little girls because it means being cautious and having good judgment.
177. Quyen: Quyen is an English name which means queen.
178. Queen-Anne: Queen-Anne is a English name which means to reign as queen, it’s also used as an English surname name.
179. Kyra: Kyra is a German origin name which means “lady of the lake”.
180. Pansy: This is a cute and unique baby girl name that would work well for a little girl with a bright personality. It’s also a beautiful flower, so it has an artistic feel to it as well.
181. Qweria: Qweria is an African American name which means leader.
182.Petunia: This name reminds people of the beautiful flower, which makes it an adorable option for your little girl. Petunia is another great name for creative and artistic mothers to be.
183. Queenie: Queenie is a Scottish English name which means little queen, it’s also used as an American variant of the English name Queen.
184. Kristine: Kristine is a unisex English origin name which means “follower of Christ”.
185. Rabelani: Rabelani is an African name which means born on Saturday.
186. Queisha: Queisha is an African American name which means who feels pain deeply.
187. Kira: Kira is a unisex Russian origin name which means “lady”.
188. Racquel: Racquel is a French name which can mean little oak tree, it’s also a variant of Rachel.
189. Qumari: Qumari is an African American name which means born fifth.
190. Kamaya: Kamaya is an English origin name which means “precious; beloved”.
191. Rosalie : It means beautiful rose. This baby girl name is of French origin and can also be spelled as Rosa, Rose or Rosalyn depending on the language you are using.
192. Sneezy: Sneezy is a name that comes from the movie named Snow White, she’s one of the seven dwarfs.
193. Sugar: Sugar is a cute name to give your little girl, it’s also associated with the meaning “love”.
194. Kiah: Kiah is an English origin name which means “like the ocean”.
195. Ruth: The name Ruth means “companion”. It is derived from Hebrew and used mostly in the Christian world.
196. Sasha: Sasha is a beautiful name that has Russian origins. It means “wisdom” and can be perfect for your daughter who is wise beyond her years.
197. Rachel: It means ewe. It was derived from the Hebrew and Jewish language and is a feminine name belonging to a biblical character.
198. Sadie: This popular Jewish name means “princess”. If you want to give your little princess a name that will fit her perfectly, then you should consider this one.
199. Ruby: Ruby is another name that would be perfect for your daughter who you want to always stay pure just like a ruby. It also means “precious stone”.
200. Kayleigh: Kayleigh is a unisex English origin name which means “slender; little and bright”.
201. Rebecca: The meaning of Rebecca is “to tie or bind”, “to tie or bind tightly”, “snare” or “fasten”.
202. Sal: If you don’t want to go with something common for your daughter, you should consider giving her the name Sal. It means “prayer”, so if any of your family members are religious, this would be perfect.
203. Roxy: Roxy is a modern version of Roxie, which was originally short for the name Roxanne. This cute name means “dawn”.
204. Kennedy: Kennedy is a unisex Irish origin name which means “helmet head”.
205. Tara: Tara means rocky hill in Irish. It is also associated with the name Sarah which means princess.
206. Unara: Unara is a Turkish name that stands for ‘unique.’ It was last on the charts in 2016.
207. Teagan: This Irish baby girl’s name means little poet, the meaning of Teagan is also unisex. It was popularized by actress and singer Julianne Hough’s sister, who has this name.
208. Vivienne: This French name is perfect for your little princess. It means life, which can describe her perfectly as she brings light into your world.
209. Kiara: Kiara is an Italian origin name which means “little and dark”.
210. Tenille: Tenille is African baby girl’s name that means God has answered; this Hebrew boys name means Jah has established or Jehovah has created.
211. Reese: Reese is a traditional Irish name that means “watcher”. This would be perfect if you want her to watch over your family and protect them.
212. Vanessa: This could be a name that perfectly describes your little girl as she is as sweet as honey.
213. Kelly: Kelly is a unisex English origin name which means “war; strife; warrior”.
214. Verity: This name reminds us about our faith and religion, it means truth and honesty.
215. Zahra: Zahra is a derivative of the name Zahrah. It means fragrant, in reference to flowers and herbs in Persian and Arabic. The beauty and freshness of the flower also makes it perfect for your baby girl.
216. Kaia: Kaia is a German origin name which means “happy”.
217. RAIN: Rain is a perfect baby girl name when you want something that people will remember. It’s short, sweet and to the point.
218. Taylor: Taylor is of English origin and means tailor or tailor’s daughter, it can also be spelled Tailyr or Tayler.
219. Karyss: Karyss is a unisex French origin name which means “clear; bright”.
220. Tegan: Tegan is Irish baby girl’s name meaning fifth, it was also used as a spelling variation of the masculine name Tadhg.
221. Reva: Reva is made up of two key elements, Re which means Holy and Va meaning Light.
222. Taya: This Egyptian baby girl’s name meaning gift, it is meant to be given as a gift for babies born during the holiday season.
223. Kamaria: Kamaria is a unisex English origin name which means “ship ruler”.
224. Quaashie: Quaashie is a Ghanaian name which means born on Wednesday.
225. Kenzley: Kenzley is an unisex English origin name which means “keen”.
226. Qadeer: Qadeer is an Arabic name which means one who holds great power and authority.
227. Lena: Lena is a Russian origin unisex name which means “light”.
228. Jocelyn: Jocelyn is a unisex English origin name which means “God has favored the meadow”.
229. Kamryn: Kamryn is an English origin name which means “fertile”. It has been growing slowly over the past few decades.
The Bottom line
When a new baby girl is born, parents often want to give her an identity. We hope this list of 229 unique baby girl names with meaning in 2022 will help you find the perfect name for your little one. The list includes everything from traditional monikers like Emily or Elizabeth to more modern-sounding ones such as Violet or Harper. There are also plenty of options that incorporate family heritage into your daughter’s future identity including Spanish (Maria), Arabic (Fatima) and German (Charlotte). If you’re looking for inspiration when it comes time to choose a name, then read it above context and share your experience with us through a comment section below.