In today’s world, people are more health conscious than ever. They are looking for ways to improve their overall health and well-being. One way that people are doing this is by monitoring their blood sugar levels. This can be done with a device called a glucometer. There are many different glucometers on the market, so it can be difficult to decide which one is right for you. That is why we have put together a list of the 10 best glucometers in India. We will include a review of each one, so you can make an informed decision about which one is right for you. So, without further ado, here are the 10 best glucometers in India!
If you are a diabetic patient, then you know how important it is to keep track of your blood sugar levels. A glucometer is a small, portable device that lets you do just that. All you need to do is prick your finger and place a test strip just below the pricked finger and let the blood drop on it. The glucometer will then give you a reading of your accurate blood sugar level.
In This Article
- Best Glucometer in India 2022:
- 1. Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucose Glucometer
- 2. OneTouch Select Plus Glucometer Description:
- 3. Contour Plus One Glucometer
- 4. MOREPEN Blood Glucose Level Monitor
- 5. Accu-Chek Instant Blood Glucose Monitor
- 6. Trust Blood Sugar Testing Machine+
- 7. BeatO Smart Glucometer Kit
- 8. OneTouch Verio Blood Glucose Monitor:
- 9. AccuSure Blood Glucose Meter
- 10. AMBITECH Blood Glucose Meters:
- Tips for using Glucometer devices:
- Which is the Best Brand for Glucometer in India?
Best Glucometer in India 2022:
If you are one of the many people who struggle with diabetes, then you know just how important it is to have a reliable glucometer. Not only do you need to be able to rely on your glucometer to give you accurate readings, but you also need one that is easy to use. So, which glucometer is the best in India? In this blog post, we will take a look at some of the top glucometers. Keep reading for more information!
1. Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucose Glucometer
The Accu-Chek Active Glucometer is a simple and easy-to-use blood sugar testing kit. It comes with everything you need to start testing your blood sugar levels, including a lancing device, 10 test strips, and a carrying case. The Accu-Chek Active Glucometer is accurate and precise, and it gives you results in just 5 seconds.
It requires only a small drop of blood, and the test strip ejects automatically when the reading is done. The large display makes it easy to read your results and the built-in memory stores up to 500 readings. You can also download your readings to a computer using the included USB cable.
The glucometer described above fulfills all of the accuracy standards set forth by DIN EN ISO 15197:2013. It implies that you won’t have to worry about the glucometer’s accuracy. You will receive accurate results rapidly.
- Comes with underdosing and redosing features
- Also, it has the unique feature of an expired alert system
- Meal maker benefits included in this device
- This glucometer device reads the accurate result
- Comes with a warranty of 10 years
- Lack of clarity in the instruction manual provided by the manufacturers
- Also, the test strips are costly
2. OneTouch Select Plus Glucometer Description:
The OneTouch Select plus glucometer is very easy to use. It has a large display, and the test strips are easy to insert. You can see your recent results with a simple push of a button. The test strip port is color-coded so that you can easily insert the strip in the right direction. This glucometer uses OneTouch Select Plus test strips only.
The glucometer kit comes with a lancing device and lancets. The lancing device is easy to use, and it has 11 depth settings. This glucometer is also very accurate. It meets the requirements of DIN EN ISO 15197:2013 for professional accuracy.
This glucometer uses a small blood sample. You need only 1 microlitre of blood to get accurate results. The fast draw design of the test strip lets you get your results in just 5 seconds.
The glucometer has a small, compact design that makes it easy to carry with you. It also has a built-in light that makes it easy to test your blood sugar levels even in low light conditions.
- Rated 4.1 out of 5 by its users
- Very easy to use this device
- Comes with a beep and color alert system
- Doesn’t come with memory so no track of average blood glucose levels
- Users face issues sometimes as an error is displayed
- Users also complain about sometimes it doesn’t show accurate results
3. Contour Plus One Glucometer
The Contour Plus One Blood Glucose Monitoring System is a highly accurate glucometer that is very easy to use. It comes with a clear and simple instruction manual, so you can get started right away. The Contour Plus One system also includes a lancing device and 30 lancets, so you’ll have everything you need to get started.
One of the great things about this glucometer is that it uses very little blood, so finger-pricking is almost painless. The Contour Plus One system is also affordable, making it a great option for those on a budget.
Also, you can connect your smartphone through the glucometer through Bluetooth and sync it, and have all the tracks on your smartphone via the contour diabetes app. Even this glucometer also provides the feature to add up alarms and reminders so that you don’t forget to check your blood glucose levels and doctor’s appointment.
- Rated 4.3 by the glucometer users
- Highly accurate results than other glucometers in the market
- Simply connect with your smartphones and track the records
- Easy access to the results
- Set up reminders and alarms
- Test strips are too costly
- Some users find the test strips difficult to insert into the glucometer
4. MOREPEN Blood Glucose Level Monitor
The DR. Morepen GlucoOne BG 03 is a compact and lightweight glucometer that is easy to use. It comes with 25 test strips and a lancing device, so you have everything you need to get started just by using it and getting your blood sample. The meter has a large LCD that is easy to read, and it can store up to 300 readings. It also has a built-in strip ejector, so you don’t have to touch the used test strips.
Blood glucose levels result is passed over just in 5 seconds and it also doesn’t require much blood sample only 0.5 microliters is enough for the testing.
Dr. Morepen BG-03 comes with a lifetime warranty so it’s a trustworthy glucometer in India and talking about the accuracy it has one of the best blood sugar level accuracy. Even the pricing of this glucometer is effective and budget-friendly, so if you are looking for a budget-friendly glucometer this can be the right one for you.
- Comes with everything you need to get started
- Built-in test strips ejector
- Large LCD for easy access to the results
- Budget Friendly glucometer in the market
- Test strips come with quick expiry dates
- Overall only a few service centers
- Backlight missing on display so hard to use in dark
5. Accu-Chek Instant Blood Glucose Monitor
The Accu-Chek Instant S blood glucose monitoring system is a small, lightweight, and easy-to-use device that gives you accurate blood sugar readings in just seconds. It comes with a vial of 10 test strips, 10 lancets, and a lancing device. The Accu chek glucometer has a nine-colored range indication system in addition to the usual green, amber, and red ranges. You may define your usual range and it will notify you whether you are low, high, or in range. This feature can assist you in achieving your diabetes management objectives making it one of the best glucometer in India.
This blood sugar monitoring system also has a micro USB port through which you can send data to your computer. That would help you to have diabetes management software on your computer to use this feature and see all 720 recent results.
Also, the display has a backlight so even testing your blood sugar level at night or in dark is easily possible with this small and sleek glucometer. The bar is entirely compliant with ISO 15197:2013, and it complies with the requirements of EN ISO 15197:20151. As a result, Accu chek blood sugar monitors deliver the most precise findings possible.
- Rated 4.2 out of 5 in the blood glucose meter
- The intuitive target range indicator
- Comes with a USB port to directly connect with the computer to monitor everything
- Seel and compact design for a better user interface
- Any type of coding is not required just insert the strip and get started to measure blood sugar levels daily
- Not as accurate results as others on the market
- No USB cable is provided with the box so you have to purchase it specifically
6. Trust Blood Sugar Testing Machine+
The Dr. Trust Blood sugar meter is a fully automatic glucometer that is one of the best glucometers available in India. It is FDA approved and comes with a 3-year warranty. The machine is very easy to use and gives accurate readings within seconds. It also has a large LCD screen which makes it easy to read the results. The blood glucose monitoring system comes with 60 testing strips and glucometer lancets, so you can get started right away.
The device uses GDH-FAD stripes to eliminate oxygen fluctuations in blood. It also eliminates galactose and maltose from the blood samples. Arterial and capillary samples may be used for testing. When it comes to additional features it is one of the best glucometer in India.
The two key features of this device are its ability to measure ketones and the fact that it will notify you if your levels are elevated, which makes it ideal for individuals with diabetes. It can accurately and quickly provide a reading. It needs no coding which means less chance of error due to wrong coding. A glucometer with a capacity of 1,000 most recent results with date and time can be found. It will come in useful for keeping records since the results have a date and time stamp on them.
- Rated 4.1 and is among the best glucometer in India
- Comes with 60 testing strips and is a tiny and portable device with a smart light feature
- Comes with a smile feature which is easy to know when you have high blood sugar levels or low blood glucose levels
- The various automatic alert system for reminding
- In-built automatic coding system so no hassle for coding
- Users reported showing high blood glucose levels sometimes
- Costly glucose testing strips
7. BeatO Smart Glucometer Kit
The BeatO Smart Glucometer Kit comes with 50 strips and 50 lancets. It is a simple glucometer that is portable, lightweight, and easy-to-use glucometer. TheBeatO app lets you track your blood sugar levels, set goals, and get reminders. The kit also includes a carrying case, so you can take it with you wherever you go.
The blood glucose meter also syncs with the BeatO app, which provides you with real-time feedback and tracking. You can also share your readings with your doctor or family members easily and faster. It comes with a 3.5 mm jack which connects the glucometer device with the smartphone app.
Also, they have one more interesting feature as they assist the user according to their blood glucose level with their professional team of experts in the fields. Even the special feature helps to know your family doctor or anyone who has been added to the list when you have high blood sugar levels or low blood sugar levels.
- It can be directly inserted into your smartphone through a 3.5 jack
- Compact and very lightweight portable blood glucose monitoring system
- Long battery life offered by the manufacturer and claims it to be the best glucometer in India
- The warranty provided by the manufacturer is less than any other blood glucose monitoring system on the market
- Users complained about the accuracy and the consistency of blood glucose levels
8. OneTouch Verio Blood Glucose Monitor:
The OneTouch: Verio Flex Blood Glucose Monitor is a simple and easy-to-use blood glucose meter that gives you accurate readings. It has a large display screen that makes it easy to read, and it comes with 10 test strips. This glucometer also has a Bluetooth connection so you can easily connect it to your smartphone.
The one downside of this glucometer is that it doesn’t have a backlight, so it can be difficult to see the screen in low light conditions. Although the one-touch verio blood glucose meter comes with an easy sharing option through which you can share your track records with your family members and others within no time.
Another feature of this blood glucose monitor is that it can draw a timeline of important blood glucose levels, highlighting when you have been repeatedly out of range. Also, it can transform different data into quick visual snapshots that connect your blood sugar with food and activity.
- Comes with bluetooth smart features
- Test time is very quick for it with accurate blood glucose results
- Comes with 10 test strips for testing blood glucose levels
- Connects with OneTouch reveal app
- Some users have found it difficult to connect the Bluetooth
- Even users complained often they receive faulty packaging
9. AccuSure Blood Glucose Meter
The AccuSure Blood Glucose Meter is a handy device and easy-to-use glucometer that gives accurate blood glucose levels. It has a large LCD that makes it easy to read the results. The meter also comes with a built-in lancing device for taking blood samples.
This glucometer aids in keeping blood sugar levels stable while also providing expert advice on how to manage and reduce them. It’s more affordable than most glucometers, yet it’s simple to use. This glucometer device has a rapid test time and enough strips to go the distance. It is a comprehensive home diabetes management system that includes everything you need to know regarding blood glucose levels.
- The number of test strips provided by the manufacturer is 25
- Rated 3.9 by the current users of this glucometer in India
- Quick result time of blood sugar levels by the machine
- Simple glucometer in India which is easy and portable
Test strips are expensive once the free 25 test strip gets over
Although few users have reported that it doesn’t provide accurate results every time
10. AMBITECH Blood Glucose Meters:
Price: ₹ 964
The AMBITECH Elizy Blood Glucose Meter Kit is a simple and easy-to-use glucometer that comes with everything you need to start testing your blood sugar levels. The kit includes a glucometer, 25 test strips, a lancing device, and a control solution. The glucometer itself is very small and lightweight, so it’s easy to carry around with you.
The AMBITECH Elizy Blood Glucose Meter Kit is a great choice for people who are new to using glucometers, as it’s very straightforward to use. The kit also comes with a user manual that provides step-by-step instructions on how to check blood sugar levels and interpret the sugar test with accurate result.
- The complete kit includes a glucometer, test strips, lancing device, and control solution
- Comes with a lifetime warranty to secure the purchase of the user.
- AmbiTech Lancets are Less painful and easy to use. 500 Round lancets including the box, 30 gauge sterile lancets, they are safe
- Very easy to use even the user manual is provided with it
- Some users have reported that the test strips are not a very accurate result
- The blood sample range can be improved as complained by a few users
Tips for using Glucometer devices:
If you are new to using a glucometer, then there are a few things that you should keep in mind as follows:-
- Always use a new lancet for each test. This will help to avoid infection.
- Use the device as per the instruction given in the user manual.
- Do not share your glucometer with others to avoid contamination.
- If you are not satisfied with the results of one particular glucometer, try another brand.
- Keep your glucometer clean and dry at all times according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Check the expiration date of the test strips before using them.
- Store the test strips in a cool and dry place.
- Always calibrate your glucometer as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use only fresh and clean fingers for the test.
- Do not squeeze your finger too hard while taking the blood sample. This can cause bruising.
- After taking the blood sample, apply pressure to the puncture site with a cotton swab to stop the bleeding.
- Dispose of used lancets and test strips properly to avoid infecting others do not try to reuse glucometer lancets.
- Keep a journal of your blood sugar readings to track your progress.
- Try to test your blood glucose levels empty stomach for more accurate test results.If you have any questions about using your glucometer, consult with your healthcare provider.
How Should You Choose The Best Glucometer in India?
Choosing the best glucometer in India entails several criteria that you should be aware of. After all, you don’t want to purchase a glucometer that doesn’t meet your needs and then make it more difficult rather than simpler, right?
As u know, above everyone else advice and recommendation, it’s about you and whether the results you get from your purchase are worth it or not. So, as a result, instead of depending on ideas and recommendations, consider all of the following factors to select the glucometer that is ideal for you.
Ease of Use: A glucometer is not a difficult device to use. However, some models are easier to use than others. If you are new to using a glucometer, then you might want to choose one that is very easy to use. On the other hand, if you have been using a glucometer for a while, then you might want to choose one that has more features and is more advanced.
Size: Glucometers come in all different sizes. Some are very small and can fit in your pocket, while others are larger and need to be carried in a bag. It is important to choose a glucometer that is the right size for you.
Battery Life: Glucometers need batteries to work. Some glucometers have better battery life than others. If you plan on using your glucometer a lot, then you might want to choose one with long battery life.
Accuracy: This is perhaps the most important criterion of all. You need to be sure that your glucometer is giving you accurate readings. The only way to know for sure is to test it against another glucometer that you trust.
Cost: Glucometers can range in price from very cheap to quite expensive. It is important to find one that is within your budget.
Warranty: Some glucometers come with a warranty and some do not. If you can find one with a warranty, then it is worth paying a little extra for the peace of mind that comes with it.
Now that you know what to look for in the best glucometer in India, go on with our top 10 picks of the best glucometer in India and find the perfect one according to your needs.
Which is the Best Brand for Glucometer in India?
There are many different brands of glucometers available in India. Some of the most popular brands include Accu-Chek, Dr. Morepen, One Touch, and Dr. Trust.
Accu-Chek is a Swiss company popular brand that makes a variety of different diabetes care products, including glucometers. The Accu-Chek glucometers are known for being accurate and easy to use and are among the top best glucometer in India.
Dr. Morepen is an Indian company that is also popular as its products have genuine and budget-friendly pricing. They produce a wide range of medical products, including glucometers. The Dr. Morepen glucometers are known for their affordability and reliability.
One Touch is a US company that makes both blood glucose meters and strips., including other medical products. These sugar test devices are known for their unique and smart features and accuracy.
Dr. Trust is an Indian company known for making high-quality medical devices, including glucometers. The Dr. Trust glucometers are no exception and are known for their affordable very unique smile features to represent glucose readings.
So, which is the best brand for glucometers in India? If you are looking for an accurate and easy-to-use glucometer, then Accu-Chek would be a good choice. If you are looking for a more affordable option, then Dr. Morepen or Dr. Trust would be good choices.
How accurate are blood glucose monitors?
Glucometers are usually quite accurate. However, there can be some variation from one glucometer to another. A study done in 2016 showed that all the monitors tested were within +/- 15% of a laboratory reference test. This means if your result was 100 mg/dL, it could have been as low as 85 or as high as 115 and still be considered accurate.
The most important thing is to use the same monitor and test strips every time. This will help you get the most accurate readings.
What is the Most Accurate Glucose Meter in 2022?
There are many different brands and models of glucometers on the market, so it can be tough to choose the most accurate one. However, there are a few things you can look for that will help you narrow down your choices.
- First, you should look for a glucometer that has been FDA-approved. This means that it has been tested and proven to be accurate.
- Second, you should look for a glucometer that has been clinically tested. This means that it has been tested in a laboratory setting and has been proven to be accurate.
- Third, you should look for reviews of the glucometer you are considering. It is always a good idea to read reviews before making a purchase. This way, you can see what others have to say about the accuracy of the glucometer.
- Finally, you should ask your doctor for recommendations. If you have a doctor who specializes in diabetes, then they will likely be able to give you some good advice on which is the best glucometer in India to choose from.
The best glucometers are those that have been FDA-approved and clinically tested. So the most extremely accurate glucometers on the market and some of the best glucometers in India include the Accu-Chek Active, the One Touch Select Simple, and Dr. Trust Gulocmeter.
The Sum Up:
After considering the reviews and ratings of the 10 best glucometers in India, it can be said that Dr. Morepen BG03 Gluco One Touch is the clear winner. It has a rating of 4.3 on Amazon with over 1,500 customer reviews. The runner-up is Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucose Meter which has a rating of 4.2 on Amazon with over 2,000 customer reviews. Other top glucometers in India are Dr. Trust, Dr. Morepen, and BeatO glucometers.
We hope that this article will help you make an informed decision about which product is right for you. Have you found a glucometer that suits your needs? Let us know in the comments below.