First of all, Congratulation for your pregnancy. Pregnancy is an adventure. Do you want to know what to expect during your pregnancy? Then you are in the right place here we illustrate more detail about what you can expect to happen with you and your baby to be week by week of your pregnancy. Here we guide you a piece of detailed information about how you and your baby develop each stage. Our illustrated pregnancy calendar shows how your baby is growing inside your womb (uterus). Studies show that the unborn baby spends all about 38 weeks in the uterus. But in Average, the length of pregnancy, which is also known as gestation, is counted as 40 weeks. This two weeks difference is because pregnancy counted from the 1st day of the woman’s last menstrual period, not the date of conception, which generally occurs two weeks later.
In This Article
What Is a Natural Pregnancy?
The body of a woman’s body prepared with the strength, stamina, and ability to nourish a safe and natural pregnancy and childbirth. Natural pregnancy means take care of your body during your pregnancy by following some natural and medical tips. Woman’s body well designed to being pregnant and giving birth is natural, but in some cases, it is difficult depending upon the physical health condition. But there are many steps towards having a healthy, natural pregnancy, you can follow these steps, and some complementary therapies may help you achieve a natural pregnancy. If you are trying to conceive or you are worried that you might be pregnant, then just check your pregnancy with a handy pregnancy kit, or you can go to the doctor for more confirmations.
What are The Three Stages of Pregnancy?
Pregnancy Development happens quickly during the prenatal period, which considered as the period between conception and birth. Pregnancy period starts from the first day of your last menstrual period (LMP) to the beginning of the baby. Pregnancy is around 40 weeks. It divided into three stages which called trimesters: Pregnancy divided into three trimesters such as below:
- First Trimester – The first Trimester started from week 1 to the end of week 12.
- Second Trimester – The second Trimester started from week 13 to the end of week 26.
- Third Trimester – The third Trimester is started from week 27 to the end of the 40 weeks.
First Trimester (from week 1 to the end of week 12)
During the First Trimester, from week 1 to the end of week 12, babies overgrow. This period is passing through two official stages of development. A developing baby up to 7 weeks known as an embryo and where after eight weeks it is called a fetus. Women body undergoes many changes during the first. Many Hormonal changes developed in this stage which affects every organ system in your body. The first change of your body is period stopping which is a clear sign of pregnancy. There are many other changes you feel during this period, such as:
- Women feel tiredness during this stage.
- The shape of your nipples sticks out and tender.
- Women found swollen breasts.
- Morning sickness is a common symptom
- Mood swings
- Going to the toilet more often
- Heartburn due to acidity
- Some women gain weight gain or loss of weight
With this symptom, you felt somehow sickness and tried. So you need to follow some healthy habits to overcome these health issues. You might need to make changes to your daily routine like Eat a low diet with a small time interval, do light exercise, avoid spicy foods, don’t drink and smoke, too much intake of caffeine may harmful to you. Go to bed earlier. But some women never feel such symptoms during pregnancy also. All women body is different so reacts differently.
Developing Baby at First Trimester (week 1-week 12)
Baby Development at 4 to 5 Weeks:
- The brain and spinal cord of Baby have begun to shape.
- A heart begins to distinguish.
- You baby’s Arm and leg buds found to appear.
- In this stage, your baby is called an embryo which is around one-twenty-fifth inch long.
Baby Development at 8 Weeks:
- In these weeks, all most main organs and external body structures have begun to shape.
- You can hear baby’s heart beats with a regular rhythm.
- And also you can found the arms and legs grow longer, and can feel the shape of fingers and toes.
- Gender or sex organs begin to form.
- The eyes have seen prominently on the face, and eyelids have formed.
- In the last days of this week, your baby is called a fetus, which looks more like a human.
- The body weight of your baby is approx. One inch long and weighs less than one-eighth ounce.
Baby Development at 12 Weeks:
- You can feel the baby’ fist in this week.
- The nerves and muscles of your baby begin to work together.
- In this week you can identify either you have a girl baby or boy baby by ultrasound.
- Eyelids are there to protect the developing eyes. They will not open again until the 28th week.
- Head growth shows less in size and where your baby is much longer. Now, your baby is aruond 3 inches long.
Second Trimester (from week 13–end of week 28)
After the First Trimester, the issues become less when the second Trimester starts, women feel more comfortable as compared to First Trimester. But this is also so important, so you need to get informed about it. Women may face symptoms like nausea and fatigue at this stage. And as the baby continues to grow your abdomen also expand. During the last days of this Second Trimester, you also feel your baby beginning to move.
You can feel so many changes, including body aches, you may found stretch marks on your abdomen, breasts, thighs, or buttocks as well. Let’s know some other changes you feel in this Second Trimester stage.
- Nipples turn dark in color.
- A line found from belly button to down on skin.
- Stretch mark may appear abdomen, breasts, and thighs.
- Mask of pregnancy found on both sides of the face.
- Swelling feet, the palm is common symptoms of pregnancy.
- But some women face nausea, loss of appetite, vomiting, jaundice or fatigue combined with itching (It may be a severe problem such as it may due to serious liver problem, so you need to consult with a doctor soon.)
Developing Baby at Second Trimester (week 13-week 28)
Baby Development at 16 Week:
- The more import of the baby’s body such as muscle tissue and bone start to grow become formed complete skeleton.
- In this stage, the baby starts sucking reflex with the mouth.
- Weight and length of the baby are about 3 ounces and 4 to 5 inch in this week.
- Your baby’s first bowel movement starts as Meconium found in your baby’s intestinal tract.
- A thin layer appears on your body, known as skin.
Baby Development at 20 Week:
- In this stage, your baby looks so active so that you can feel a slight fluttering.
A downy hair called lanugo, and a waxy coating cover found just outside of the baby skin which acts as a skin guard.
- Other more body parts are developed, such as Eyebrows, eyelashes, fingernails, toenail, and your baby can able to scratch itself.
- Your baby can hear a sound outside the womb.
- In this stage, the weight and length of the baby are about 9 ounces and 6 inches, respectively.
Baby Development at 24 Week:
- In this stage, your baby can taste food as the taste buds appeared on your baby’s tongue.
- There found blood cells in the bone marrow of the baby.
- You can feel the footprint and fingerprints of the baby.
- Hairs found in the baby’s head.
- There are lungs, but now this is not active.
- In this stage, baby sleeps and wake up usually.
- In this stage, the baby gain weight and length of the baby is about 1½ pound and 12 inches, respectively.
Third Trimester (week 29–week 40)
The many symptoms of the second Trimester remain to continue in this stage also. Including these symptoms, you also feel other changes like many women find breathing difficult and go to the bathroom more often. Due to the large size of the baby take more space in the uterus. But it is not a permanent issue; it will lessen after your baby birth.
- Some new body changes you may find in your Third Trimester (week 29–week 40)
- Difficulties in taking a breath.
- Feel heartburn due to acidity.
- Some women notice swelling on face, ankle, feet, palm etc.
- Breast leak a watery pre-milk called colostrum.
- Face trouble when sleeping.
- Now Baby is dropping in the lower abdomen.
Developing Baby at Second Trimester (week 29-week 40)
Baby Development at 32 Week:
- The bones of the baby in this stage so soft.
- When the light is on or off, the eyes of your baby close and open.
- You feel kicks of the baby forcefully.
- Now the Lungs of your baby starts to breathe.
- Your baby continues to grow and gaining weight quickly, and it’s about 4 to 4½
- pounds. And the length of the body is about 15 to 17 inches long.
Baby Development at 36 Week:
- The waxy covering skin guard now becomes thicker.
- In this stage body of baby become bigger and bigger, so there is less place for baby movement.
- In this stage, the weight and length of the baby are about 6 to 6½ pounds and 16 to 19 inches, respectively.
Baby Development at 37–40 Week:
- All most of your baby’s organs are now ready to function on their own.
- As it is the last days of your baby birth, the head of your baby become a head-down position for birth.
- In this last stage, the weight and length of the baby are about 9 pounds 2 ounces and 19 to 21 inches respectively. But the size and weight of the baby vary in a different size in each case.
Natural Pregnancy Tips
For a woman, it is difficult to give birth to a child without taking medicine, supplements, but it is possible. There are some Natural Pregnancy Tips, and if you follow these guidelines and tips, you will enhance your chances of having a successful natural birth.
Choose A best gynecologist Who’s Advice You for Natural Birth
Studies show that about 85 per cent of pregnant women give birth naturally. But the other 15 % of women have health complications that put them in a high-risk category, they recommended for the Caesarean to sections make childbirth safer for mom or baby. Go for a gynaecologist or doctor who is just as invested as you are in natural childbirth. Then the doctor will manage the entire birth in such a way that is most conducive to successful childbirth naturally.
Don’t Gain Too Much Weight
The women who are not too much weight tends to smooth and easy baby birth. They have rare pregnancy complication. And also need less medical interventions. So maintain your weight during the pregnancy.
Pay attention to Pregnancy Diet
Diet plays an important role, so you need to your diet when you found pregnant. You should follow a small eating infrequent time interval. Eat healthily. Remember always, your meals go to more than just your baby. Consult your doctor for balanced Pregnancy Diet such as take plenty of protein, good fats, variety of vegetables, fruits forms the basis of a nutritious pregnancy meal plan. Your food also nourishes baby’s blood supply, supports your body and helps your baby organs functioning well.
Exercise during pregnancy can help you your blood volume increase, brings more oxygen to your baby, increases your stamina and which need for labour. And also, exercise keeps you stress-free and feeling great. Walking is valid for a pregnant lady as it helps your baby line up properly.
Create Goodness around You
Try to create a positive environment around you, say bye to stress, read some inspiring story and listen to the music you like most. Don’t watch negative pregnancy story on TV. You can also read parenting magazine. And get knowledge from the parenting blog sites online.
Pregnancy is so exciting time for everyone. It is Visual Timeline. So many unusual changes will be happening in your body during the pregnancy period over the next these 40 weeks. The above expert guides on what to expect during every step of your baby’s help you to have a successful natal childbirth. All the above information about natural pregnancy tips you must follow, the right foods and fitness advice etc. And have a safe and natural birth.