Online therapy program, sounds strange, right? Therapy is commonly thought of as something you go to a live session for. Although this can get benefits for some people, the options of online therapy have been around longer than you might realize. Therapists can be found by their specialty, cost, insurance acceptance, and more.
Therapy can be a great way to get help with emotional and mental health issues. However, it can also be costly and difficult to find the time or transportation for appointments. Luckily, there are many online therapy programs that offer advice from licensed therapists in an affordable manner. This post reviews 13 of the best online therapy programs in 2021 so you’ll know which one is right for you!
Best Online Therapy Programs of 2021
The Best Online Therapy Programs we’re looking at today (in no specific order) are:
Best Online Therapy Resource
Price: $90 to $120 per week
Betterhelp is an online therapy platform that offers a range of online counseling services. It is a quick and convenient way to get help for a variety of issues. Betterhelp is a viable option if you are looking for guidance from a professional therapist. The company offers affordable online therapy. Their experts will provide you a secure environment to discuss personal problems. The process to begin is very simple, you can sign up by visiting their official website. There you will have to provide an emergency contact number. The best part is that only you and your therapist will have access to the chat room.
- Easy to use interface
- Multiple ways to connect with a therapist
- Well-explained therapy process
- Offers free-trial period
- Easy to switch to a new therapist
- Single pricing plan
- Therapist are matched on a questionnaire basis
- The response time from the therapist might vary
- Therapists response might be generic sometimes
Cost: The counseling costs anywhere between $90 and $120 per week. Every month, you will be billed depending on your preferences.
Best Online Therapy Site for Professional Counselling
Price: $60 to $80 per week
It is the best online therapy site platform that allows users to connect one-on-one with licensed therapists. It comprises a team of therapists, coaches, and experts who have years of experience in the field of mental health. You can seek help regarding relationship problems, infidelity issues, and many more through online counseling sessions. In this online therapy program, you can signup with a joint account including your partner. This will allow you to communicate with the therapist together. However, if you do not want to involve your partner, you can speak with the therapist privately as well.
- Convinient video sessions
- No extra charge for couple counseling
- Focuses on relationship counseling
- Easy-to-use platform
- Supports video sessions
- No live customer agent to help you
- Therapist response time may be longer
- No free trial period
- Minimum monthly price is required to begin
Cost: The platform offers a monthly plan. This costs around $60 to $80 per week. The users are allowed to cancel the subscription whenever they want.
Best Online Therapy Environment
Price: $260-$396 per month
Talkspace is a site that provides therapy via text, email, or phone online. It was founded in 2012 to help people with their mental health. Talkspace has helped almost a million people to change their lives for the better. The platform is easy to navigate and customer service is always available via messaging or phone call. The is the best therapy that takes insurance and supports an easy login process. The user will be asked to answer few online questions to match with online therapists. You can choose any of the matched therapists depending on your choice.
- Encourage live sessions
- Multiple modes to communicate with the therapist
- User-friendly interface
- Best customer service
- Simple to sign-up
- Time zone differences might be there
- Not all therapists provide live sessions
- Sign-up is required for full month services
- Matching to a therapist might take few days
Costs: The platform offers three plans:
- Messaging Therapy Plus: It costs $260 per month. The plan supports unlimited messaging.
- Messaging Therapy Premium: It costs $316 per month. It also provides unlimited messaging along with a live session of 30 mins in every month.
- Messaging Therapy Ultimate: This is the most expensive plan and costs $396 per month. Similar to other plans, it supports unlimited messaging. Additionally, there are four live sessions every month.
4. Pride Counseling
Best Therapy Platform for LGBTQ
Price: $60 to $80 per week
This is one of the most popular online therapy sites for LGBQ. Here, professional counselors deal with an issue related to depression, trauma, family conflicts, relationships, etc. The platform allows having a conversation with experienced counselors any time with 24/7 text chat availability. However, this does not mean that therapist will reply to you at the same time. You might have to wait to seek a response. The process of matching with a counselor might take few hours to few days. Like other apps, you can switch to a different therapist if you are not satisfied with your current therapist.
- The app supports Android and iPhone platform
- LGBTQ specialized therapists
- Ease of changing the counselor
- Affordable online therapy
- Team of experienced professionals
- Not fit for emergencies
- Might not be suitable for minors
- Response time of therapists differs
Cost: The service of Pride Counselling costs between$60 to $80 per week. The user can cancel the membership any time they wish to.
5. Teen Counselling
Best Online Therapy Dedicated for Teens
Price: $60 to $80 per week
If you are a teen facing emotional strain, then this online therapy program would be ideal for you. The platform focuses on helping teens of age between 13 to 19 years maintaining a healthy state of mind. Teens can discuss their issues related to stress, depression, eating disorders, and much more. Their therapists are capable to assist teens in dealing with bullying and self-esteem issues. Even the parents can sign-up for their teenage kids to seek consultation. However, they might have to complete the necessary documentation for successful sign-up.
- Offers free trial
- Easy-to-use app
- Licensed counselors
- Unlimited counseling at a fixed price
- Parents can also communicate with the therapist
- Response time from counselor varies
- The therapist does not prescribe medicines
- Sessions might be interrupted due to connectivity issues
Cost: If you wish to seek counseling from the Teen Counselling site, it will cost you around $60 to $80 per week.
6. Doctor On Demand
Best Online Therapy Platform for Psychiatry
Price: $129 for a 25-minute session or $179 for a 50-minute session
Doctor On Demand is a well-known and best online therapy platform with thousands of users and top psychiatrists. It provides you a 24/7 connection to licensed and experienced psychologists, therapists, and counselors. The best part is that the platform provides free assessment to examine mental health. Moreover, the application is available on the web and mobile devices, including Android and iOS platforms. If you have a problem with stress, depression, anxiety, or some other problems that stops you from enjoying life, you can consult a therapist from here.
- Offer video chat feature
- Works for both adults and children
- Subscription is not mandatory
- User can choose the therapist
- User can book an appointment at any time
- Expensive services
- Lacks customer service
- Video quality might be low
- Treatment options are limited
Cost: Services of this online therapy platform are as follows:
- For psychology- $129 for a 25-minute consultation and $179 for 50 minutes
- For psychiatry- $299 for initial visit 45-minute consultation and $128 for 15-minute follow-up
Best Online Therapy for Mental Health
Price: $99 to $110 per session
Amwell Online Therapy is the service of treating mental sickness using video chat and live chat. It offers different kinds of therapy to its customers related to psychiatry, nutrition, breastfeeding, etc. You can choose to opt for using web-based or app-based visits. Many users appreciate its feature of the 24/7 availability of online doctors or therapists. Besides, the signup process for the platform is quite simple. First, you will have to create an account by providing few details. Then, you can choose a therapist of your choice to schedule a visit through the app or web.
- Easy to book appointments
- Support psychiatry services
- Encourages video chat sessions
- User can choose therapist on their own
- Offers physical healthcare as well
- No subscription services
- Might experience technical difficulties
- Supports only real-time appointments
- Limited communication options
Cost: The cost of an appointment ranges from $99 to $110 per hour. The psychiatrist charges $269 for the 45-minute initial visit.
8. 7 Cups
Best Therapy Service at Affordable Price
Price: $150 per month
If you are going through a difficult time or are feeling depressed, then 7 Cups is the best online therapy service at an affordable price. It provides you the best professional help that can encourage you to get over the problem in your life. 7 cups connect people to experienced mental health listeners over the chats, around the clock every day. The platform accommodates a safe place to disclose how you feel about any dilemma or challenge that you are currently facing. There are specialists to deal with and guide teens of age 13 to 17 years as well.
- Affordable service
- Experienced therapists
- Free 24/7 support chat
- Listeners offer good support
- Provides group support sessions
- The user might face bugs in the app
- No video or audio sessions
- Fewer communication modes
- Fewer therapists are available
Cost: The consultation with a therapist on 7 cups costs around $150 per month.
Best Pick for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Price: $32 to $64 per week
Online Therapy is the best online therapy for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It is the type of therapy that focuses on strengthening people’s ability to solve problems and meet their needs to make changes in their lives. At Online-Therapy.com, they have a group of expert therapists who are willing to provide counseling by using the latest tools and techniques. Their therapists are all licensed professionals and have years of experience in the field. They offer 30-min weekly live chat to discuss users’ concerns. You can seek consultation related to problems like depression, phobias, eating disorders, etc.
- Users can be anonymous
- Treat drug-related problems as well
- Provide resources like worksheets
- Positive interaction environment
- Best suited option for CBT
- Therapists are available only for Mon-Fri
- Does not provide 24/7 support
- Insurance not accepted
- Only 8 hours availability of therapists
Cost: The platform offers three plans as follows:
- Basic online therapy program: This costs $31.96 per week
- Standard online therapy program: This costs $47.96 per week
- Premium online therapy program: This costs $63.96 per week
Best Choice for Psychiatry Services
Price: Ranges around $108 for therapy and up to $284 for psychiatry for each session
MDLive is a platform where patients can get online psychiatry treatment and consultation services from licensed psychiatrists. The psychiatrists would help patients to deal with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and to discontinue the use of substance abuse or dependence on alcohol and other drugs. If you want to consult a psychiatrist on MDLive you will have to set up an account first. After the registration process, you will be allowed to pick psychiatrists of your choice to seek consultation. Users can schedule an online video or phone appointment whenever they want. Mental health experts will provide you individualized treatment.
- Best and experienced psychiatrists
- Offers counseling and prescription
- Certified psychiatrists
- Accepts insurance
- High-quality access to healthcare
- Wait time might be longer sometimes
- Might be expensive for some
- Psychiatrist costs higher than a counselor
Cost: To seek consultation from a psychiatrist, you can expect expenses to be around $284 for your first visit and $108 for follow-up.
Best Platform to Connect with Therapists
Price: $99 per session
The Breakthrough online therapy platform features a professional team of mental health experts including, licensed therapists. Users can seek different types of consultation. The therapist of Breakthrough will help you to promote change in your life for living a healthy life. The users can choose the therapist themselves based on the type of consultation they want. Plus, in case of user faces any difficulties in using the platform or has doubts, he or she can connect to the customer service easily round the clock. Also, it is convenient to book appointments with a therapist.
- Good assistance
- Android and iOS compatible application
- Counseling sessions with licensed therapists
- Convenient appointment scheduler
- Completely comfortable environment
- Only for individuals
- Limited communication modes
Cost: The consultation at this platform will cost you around $99 per session.
12. Rethink My Therapy
Best Solution for Online Therapy with a Trial Period
Price: Starts at $99 per month
Rethink My Therapy is an online mental health platform that uses technology to make therapy more accessible and cost-effective for people. The platform delivers convenient, confidential, and online therapy using a licensed therapist. This affordable online therapy program allows users to reach out to specialists via video calls or phone appointments. They also offer services for couples and families. However, the charges for family consultation might be higher. If you are looking to seek consultation regarding bipolar disorder, postpartum depression, women’s issues, addictions, reaching out to a professional at this platform will be a great choice.
- Affordable services
- Secure messaging
- Video and phone call feature
- Free trial
- User can book unlimited sessions
- Does not accept insurance
- You might have to wait for an appointment
- A small network of providers
Cost: The plan offers the following plans:
- Single Plan: This plan costs $99 per month
- Couples Pricing: This plan costs $129 per month
- Family/Children Program: This plan costs $159 per month
Best Online Therapy with Unlimited Access
Price: $60 to $80 per week
iCounseling is the premier online therapy program. This is the perfect option for anybody that’s looking for quality counseling but doesn’t have access to it because they live far away from a therapist or counselor. The client gets matched with a therapist based on their stated needs and what the cost of the sessions will be. There are also ways to pay for your sessions using the iCounseling system. The important advantage of using this platform is that users get unlimited access to seek consultation from counselors. Thus, there is no limit to how many times you can connect with the therapist.
- Unlimited access
- Qualified professionals
- Multiple ways to connect with the therapist
- User-friendly interface
- Secure platform
- Only for individuals
- Might not accept insurance
Cost: The consultation with a therapist will cost you around $60 to $80/week depending on your preferences.
What is an Online Therapist?
An Online Therapist is a mental health professional who practices therapy through the internet. Best Online Therapy Programs are generally video chat sessions where you can communicate with your therapist from any location that has an internet connection. Most Best Online Therapy Programs offer live chats as well, but these cost more per session and require them to be available at certain times of the day.
How does Online Therapies Work?
Online Best Online Therapy Programs work by allowing the client to participate in group discussions with other clients and therapists. This allows them more of a social element where they can make friends, find support, or just get advice from others that are going through similar things
-Therapy is very popular solution for many people who need help dealing mental health and emotional problems.
-It helps them to learn coping mechanisms for their feelings, identify the root of the problem, and find ways to deal with any issues they are having.
-Therapy can last long after you stop going regularly as well. But if Best Online Therapy Programs is not an option because you don’t have insurance or live too far away from Best Online Therapy Program office, then getting professional help might not be an option.
-Luckily there are plenty of Best Online Therapy Programs available that make it easy for anyone to get access high quality therapists at any time .
Therapy is a very popular solution for many people when it comes to dealing with mental health and emotional problems. It helps them learn coping mechanisms for their feelings, identify the root of the problem, and find ways to deal with any issues they are having. The benefits of therapy can last long after you stop going regularly as well. But if you don’t have insurance or live too far away from a therapist’s office, then getting professional help might not be an option. Thankfully there are plenty of Best Online Therapy Programs available that make it easy for anyone to get access to high-quality therapists at any time!