Breast cancer fundraisers not only raise money for breast cancer patients but also help educate people about breast health and cancer research.
There are many ways nonprofits can raise money for breast cancer involving both online and offline strategies.
Given below are some innovative breast cancer fundraising ideas.
In This Article
1. Sell merchandise
Selling custom or branded merchandise is a great breast cancer fundraising idea to generate revenue for nonprofits. To raise awareness about breast cancer, your merchandise can bear the logo of your nonprofit or have a theme related to breast cancer.
This will also spark an interest in people who see your donors wearing the merchandise. There are many products you can include in your merchandise sales,
- T-shirts, hoodies and sweatshirts
- Phone cases
- Key chains
- Notebooks and stationery
- Bottles and mugs
Make sure the design of whatever you sell is connected to the theme of breast cancer. Price your products in such a way that your donors will be able to afford it and the profit margin is good enough to raise money for your nonprofit.
2. Organize a 50/50 Fundraising Raffle
A 50/50 fundraising raffle is a fun and easy way to raise money in a short amount of time. In this fundraiser, raffle tickets are sold for a dollar or more to as many people as possible.
After all the tickets are sold, one ticket is drawn and the person who holds the matching ticket will win half of the ticket proceeds. The other half goes to the nonprofit. You can either customize your raffle tickets or buy them readymade.
In order to maximize your sales, offer small discounts if the person chooses to purchase more than 2 tickets.
You can also run an online fundraising raffle. In this method you can reach out to more people and sell even more tickets.
3. Point Of Sale Fundraising
Also known as checkout charity, this method is very effective since customers already have their wallets out in the checkout process. Make sure you keep the following points in mind if you want to try point of sale fundraising.
- Choose a relevant and good retail partner. Since your nonprofit works on generating money for breast cancer, women focused shops or stores can be a good target.
- For example, you can partner with a women’s clothing store or a feminine hygiene store.
- Make sure to make the donation process quick and simple. You can either utilize a donation box or ask the cashier to deduct the donation amount from the donor’s card.
- Get creative. Make use of creative donation boxes or banners conveying a message about breast cancer to spread awareness.
4. Charity Run Fundraising
Hosting a charity run or walkathon is a great way to raise money and encourage physical activity at the same time. You can raise money from charity runs in the following ways,
Ask all the participants to pay a small registration fee. Make sure it is affordable so many people can join.
Pledges are often used in charity runs to raise money for the nonprofit. In this method, the participants will ask their friends or families to donate a certain amount according to the number of miles they cover in the walk or run. People can either fill pledge forms and pay in cash or use their card and pay online.
Social media is one of the best fundraising platforms since it helps you to reach a large number of people in a short amount of time.
You can spread information about your nonprofit through social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Breast cancer awareness posts will also help educate people about breast cancer. You can receive donations through,
- Peer to peer fundraising where people share about your nonprofit on their social media.
- Providing links to your crowdfunding page on social media.
- Educational live streams and webinars.
Make sure you utilize both online and offline resources to maximise your donations. This way people who are unable to donate money directly can donate online. Your nonprofit can also work on providing free resources to learn more about breast cancer.