What is Health Food?
Healthy eating means eating a variety of foods that give you the nutrients you need to maintain your health, feel good, and have energy. Health Food means a normal healthy diet required for human nutrition. It can be many types such as natural foods, organic foods, whole foods, vegetarian foods or dietary supplements. Nutrition is important for everyone. Healthy food also provides at least 10 per cent of one or more of vitamins A or C, iron, calcium, protein, or fibre. Nutrients include protein, carbohydrates, fat, water, vitamins, and minerals. If we don’t eat healthy food we can become overweight, undernourished, and at risk for the development of diseases and conditions. Many researchers now believe that most of the health problems are partly related to diet.
Facts about Health Foods
- Eating just one tablespoon of chia seeds will give you 19 per cent of your recommended daily fiber.
- Proteins play a vital role in the formation and repair of cells.
- We should Eat Five Vegetables and Fruits a Day.
- A portion of fresh, canned or frozen fruit and vegetables is 80g.
- A portion of dried fruit (which should be kept to mealtimes) is 30g.
- Walnuts, peanuts and almonds are rich in fibre that help digestion, plus walnuts are rich in omega-3 fat.
- Taking whole grains such as brown rice, whole wheat pasta helps keep the bowels healthy.
- Avoiding processed meats, which are high in salt and may increase the risk of colon cancer.
- As different body functions differently so diet chart should make followed accordingly.
- You need to drink plenty of fluids to stop you getting dehydrated.
- Too much saturated fat can increase the amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- Processed food is generally not as healthy as whole food.
- If you eat or drink more than your body needs, you’ll put on weight.
- If you eat and drink too little, you’ll lose weight.
- Reducing blood pressure can also be essential for heart health.
- Adequate calcium and magnesium are necessary for strong bones and teeth.
- A healthful diet may help prevent dementia and cognitive decline.
- Reducing the consumption of alcohol and caffeine can help to ensure restful sleep.
- Fruit juice can have more calories and sugar than soda.