What is the Female Reproductive System?
The female reproductive system is structured to carry out several functions. The female reproductive system produce produces the female egg cells necessary for reproduction, called the ova or oocytes. Transport the ova to the site of fertilization. Conception the fertilization of an egg by a sperm, normally occurs in the fallopian tubes. Then fertilization and Conception occurred. Female reproductive system produces female sex hormones which play an important role in the reproductive cycle. There are two types of Female Reproductive System include inside and outside the body. The main external structures of the female reproductive system include Labia majora, Labia minora, Bartholin’s glands and Clitoris. The internal reproductive organs in the female include Vagina, Uterus (womb), Ovaries, and Fallopian tubes.
Facts about Female Reproductive System
- Female uterus is home to the largest human cell in the entire body.
- The woman losses two tablespoons to half a cup of blood during their period.
- Women had an average of 50 periods over the course of their lifetime.
- Vaginal cells are quite similar to the cells in your larynx, and both sets of cells are affected by hormonal changes.
- A woman ovulate around two million eggs.
- The pH of the vagina averages 4.5.
- Infertility is more common.
- Some people are born with two uteruses
- The uterus is ultra-elastic
- Pinpointing pregnancy isn’t so simple
- Men have vastly more gametes than women
- It produces the female egg cells necessary for reproduction.
- The female reproductive system includes the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, vagina, vulva, mammary glands and breasts.
- Four functions of the reproductive system are: produce egg and sperm cells, transport and sustain these cells, developing fetus, produce hormones etc.
- Women have three private portals: a urethra, vagina, and anus.
- The vagina is an organ that is designed to accommodate both childbirth and sexual activity.
- The primary function of the female reproductive system is to produce the female egg cells.
- Women are most fertile and have the best chance of getting pregnant in their 20s.