What is Child Development?
Child Developmental screening takes a closer look at how your child is developing.
If a child has a developmental delay, it is important to get help as soon as possible.
It’s perfectly normal for children around age 3 to speak in the choppy, laboured language.
Child development includes the biological, psychological and emotional changes in human beings. Parents play a significant role in a child’s life, socialization, and development. Parental training is the best tool for child development.Behaviour or physical characteristic is changed according to the age growth.
Facts About Child Development
- The basic mechanisms or causes of developmental change are genetic factors and environmental factors.
- Genetic factors are responsible for cellular changes like overall growth, changes in the proportion of body and brain parts,
- There are three broad stages of development: early childhood, middle childhood, and adolescence.
- Children develop skills in five main areas of development such as Cognitive Development, Speech and Language Development, Fine Motor Skill Development etc.
- Children learn these skills, called developmental milestones, during predictable time periods.
- A baby’s brain weighs about one quarter (1/4) of what an adult’s brain weighs!
- Each child is an individual and may meet developmental milestones a little earlier.
- The factor that influences child development is the environment.
- Give your child lots of love and attention.
- No matter what a child’s age, holding, hugging, and listening are important
- .Learn some simple parenting skills for helping your child to learn how to behave.
- Every child grows and develops differently.
- Physically, between birth and age three, a child typically doubles in height and quadruples in weight.
- By age five most children demonstrate fairly good control of pencils, crayons, and scissors. Gross motor.
- Children develop a spoken vocabulary of between 300 and 1,000 words in the age of 3years.
- Middle childhood is also a time when children develop competence in interpersonal and social relationships.
- In general, females begin to develop earlier than do males.
- Sexual maturation is one of the most significant developments during the Adolescence time (Twelve to Eighteen Years)
- Babies begin to vocalize for around 1 month.
- 2 month aged baby Smiles at the sound of your voice and follows you with their eyes as you move.
- 3 month baby Raises head and Smiles at other people
- 4 months laughs, and tries to imitate sounds; holds the head steady.
- 6 month Moves objects from hand to hand.
- 7 months baby Responds to own name.
- 9 month baby sits without the support and says mama, dada.
- 12 months baby can Walk with or without support.
- 14 months baby Walks independently, drinks from a cup.
- Average length at birth: 20 inches for boys, 19 3/4 inches for girls.
- Speech development is very exciting for parents as they watch their babies become social beings.
- Your child’s physical development consists of the height, weight, development of muscles and bones.
- If your child is carrying a dominant gene related to height, he/she might achieve the same height as you.
- Your child’s body needs the right amount of Carbohydrates, Proteins, Vitamins, and Minerals for his/her physical development.
- The mental and cognitive development of your child consists of the development of the brain, neurological processes, intellectual abilities, learning abilities etc..